Thread: Rift VS SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account

Rift VS SWTOR

Hey everyone sorry if there is already topic about this. Which mmo between these two games is better you think? and I mean in every aspect of the game like: gameplay, storyline lore, quests, graphics and atmosphere, musics, pvp, dungeons and raids, leveling, support service system, community, diffculty, and end game enjoyment.

Discuss please thanks for reading.

Played both, rift has a much much much better end game, decent story and meh leveling, decent PVP, while SWTOR has a meh end game, excellent story and meh leveling, good PVP, the graphics are basically the same between the two, I honestly enjoyed rift more than SWTOR just because I felt like star wars was a single player game

Well, playing Rift atm... AND YES I KNOW BAD EXAMPLE INC.....but, all I hear from Rift players in public channels in SWTOR hate. Take it from what you will ofcourse, but people seem so negative to a point its funny to listen to, a game cant be that bad?

yea your not gonna get a reasonable answer on this forum but wtf here goes. I played both rift and swtor. I enjoyed both games but in the end swtor won out. I enjoyed lvling far more in Swtor than I did in Rift. I've also enjoyed pvp in star wars alot more.

Yea, if you wanna level im 100% sure SWTOR is the better game. Rift lvling is like wow in so many ways its clear that Trions design was on endgame. Once 50 it gets so much better trough. So stick thoes booring 50 levels out if you can. PvP lvling in BGs seems to be fast trough if you hate questing.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me swtor wins in all those aspects exept 2.*
    The endgame is lacking atm but more is comming soon .
    The customer support is terible.

Deleted
    Rift - - *WoW without the charm*
    SWTOR - - *WoW+Knights of The Old Republic + Mass Effect - = A Funner game than Rift But still dull and lack lustre, *I hope you like walking and loading screen* and thinking Oh God please get on with it*
    Last edited by mmocae06178e2b; 2012-03-07 at 08:54 AM.

SWTOR reinvented the wheel. The wheel was square.

Story, leveling, pvp TOR
    creative talent use/combat ingenuity rift

Personally I treated tor like it was a really good console game, had fun leveling.. was a bit thrown off by a cut scene every quest, but ended up working to build atmosphere. Wouldn't really play the game for endgame raiding, heard there isn't much of it and what little there is... lackluster. I would however pvp more if I still had my sub, some of the bgs were exceptional.

Rift on the other hand, really wish wow had a similar talent system. I played both rogue and dot caster class.. really interesting flow. Combat looked good as well. It's story I found kind of bland, it lacked the atmosphere ToR was really clever about.

Tried rift when it came out, I was flipping lost and quit playing because they nerfed ... cleric? from what it was in the beta.

currently playing sw:tor and enjoying it.

Edit: I've heard rift has the best endgame of any current mmo.

Deleted
    Well, members of my guild were gone a week or two when star wars was released, and now they are online in Rift frequently again. Some of them said that now they understand what a good game rift really is.
    Star wars seems like a letdown, Rift are growing a little atm.

But well, at least Rift got a free trial to lvl 20 for as long as you like, star wars doesnt have one yet so cant really suggest you to try and compare. Also, Rift is cheaper to start up with than star wars. But, if you are tired of fantasy setting and want something different like questing in outer space then I guess you can always go star wars. Sometimes different spice up gaming experiences a bit, even though the roles with casters, healers, rogues and warriors seem a bit the same, just laser swords instead of metal ones and different clothes

---------- Post added 2012-03-07 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Story, leveling, pvp TOR
    creative talent use/combat ingenuity rift

Personally I treated tor like it was a really good console game, had fun leveling.. was a bit thrown off by a cut scene every quest, but ended up working to build atmosphere. Wouldn't really play the game for endgame raiding, heard there isn't much of it and what little there is... lackluster. I would however pvp more if I still had my sub, some of the bgs were exceptional.

Rift on the other hand, really wish wow had a similar talent system. I played both rogue and dot caster class.. really interesting flow. Combat looked good as well. It's story I found kind of bland, it lacked the atmosphere ToR was really clever about.
    Wow used to have similar talent trees, and people like me and my friends wanted them to continue growing, be able to spend more points and make fun hybrids and just... well, enjoy ourselves. Talent trees in wow instead got shorter with cata, will be even more short in mop... =( Instead Rift got this, and the combinations are endless and it's so much fun. Also that they managed to implement a kind of "path of the titan:ish" progression at endgame that continues to make your char more powerful the more you play. They really pulled it off well, and it makes Rift so much more amazing right now compared to the direction of Wow. Really hope they keep it up.

Deleted
    Rift is better in almost every way, the only thing TOR has is a better leveling experience and the fact that its Star Wars, other than that it really doesn't have much going for it.

Rift has tons of content that's being updated almost monthly, there really isn't a comparison when it comes to end game both PvE and PvP are better In Rift by a mile.

10+ Year Old Account
    After playing both, i would say Rift. In all aspects.
    Kanx - Protection Warrior (Armory)

I find rift to be better by leaps and bounds. Swtor, is dull, takes to long, and *has crap at end game. Bioware needs to stick to games like Dragon Age ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I find rift to be better by leaps and bounds. Swtor, is dull, takes to long, and *has crap at end game. Bioware needs to stick to games like Dragon Age ....
    Yea WTF were they thinking expanding their horizons and making a fun mmo game...*

10+ Year Old Account
    <Game> vs <Game> topics are not allowed.

Thread closed.