Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Sorry not trying disprove you or*anything like that*is there a chance you can link me wanna read up on pve
    I don't have a link where they talk about it, it's just one of the philosophies that Arenanet has that I know about. They don't really want gear to be a major factor in your performance. You gear will still matter and play a factor, but less than it does in WoW, Rift, SWTOR.

There's even a plateau of power as you level, eventually a new level will no longer add as much to the power of the character.

I dont like the fact that a LOT of GW2 fans break past fans and are right out fanboys who dont want anything bad said about the game. I am very very excited about GW2 and will play the hell out of it, but when I try to talk to some other GW2 anticipates about possible non game breaking concerns, they turn on me and can only bash my current game (wow). They will both be good games and these fanboys are making me NOT want to buy it. My girlfriend and I both play wow and its hard for us because its so easy to pass each other in content and not be able to effectively play together. One of the reasons we are excited for GW2 is the fact no matter what level, we can always play together. This is HUGE for us yet.... these holier than thou people on their high horses are really turning me off of this very so far amazing looking title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    I dont like the fact that a LOT of GW2 fans break past fans and are right out fanboys who dont want anything bad said about the game. I am very very excited about GW2 and will play the hell out of it, but when I try to talk to some other GW2 anticipates about possible non game breaking concerns, they turn on me and can only bash my current game (wow). They will both be good games and these fanboys are making me NOT want to buy it. My girlfriend and I both play wow and its hard for us because its so easy to pass each other in content and not be able to effectively play together. One of the reasons we are excited for GW2 is the fact no matter what level, we can always play together. This is HUGE for us yet.... these holier than thou people on their high horses are really turning me off of this very so far amazing looking title.
    That's how it is for every MMO. Just got to ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalavaaris View Post
    ... O_o

What concerns?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Sorry not trying disprove you or*anything like that*is there a chance you can link me wanna read up on pve
    Read the stickied mass info for the uninitiated thread. Everything you need to know is in there. But, there won't be a source in it. I'm sure there is one somewhere though...it's a thoroughly "known" aspect of GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    No dueling.
    UI customisation limitations.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess my only gripe is no mounts. Not because of game mechanic issues, just that I love to ride a horsey.

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    Guild Wars 2 is looking to be one of the best MMO's to ever come out. The hype is on a unreal scale, even more after press beta. We have heard nothing but good things from the press, so my question is: What do you not like about GW2?

For me it is the following,

5) The dumbing down of levels. Their old system let us place X attributes each level to what we saw fit. Now it feels like any other MMO and places these points for us. Yes traits now incress attributes that are linked to their line, but that seems very counter productive and agin forces you into a play style you may not want. Like the engineer for example, if they want major traits that affect turrets they have to take on defence attributes which may not be that player play style. This can be a game breaker for me agin taking away the freedom of the players.
    Sorry my earlier post was a bit rushed since I had to get to work, but as far as you see the "dumbing down" of levels by having trait points and not attribute points like earlier builds, that is only sort of true but mostly not true. Though yes the "current" beta build (which is several builds behind a house build) the choosing of attributes each level may be gone at first glance it really isn't. The reason I say it isn't is because with those trait points you spend, not only do you unlock certine boosts and abilities at 5/10/15/.../30 points in one "tree" but you also get 2 stat points based on the trait you choose, so for a warrior if you decide to put points into strength you get attributes in power and expertise while as if you spec your traits into defense you get toughness and compassion (increases all outgoing heals including self heals), while points in discipline get you prowess and brawn (crit multiplier and damage of burst skills) etc...

So while you no longer put a few points into the 4 main stats each level you do effectively put attributes based on how you are building it to where it gives you the 2 stats that make most sense for your traits, and the examples of this look like each trait point spent in a tree gives you 10 of each attribute at level 80 (so 30 defense and 30 strength and 10 discipline would give you 300 power, expertise, toughness, compassion, and 100 prowess and brawn), that number per point is obviously subject to change before live, and is also subject to maybe being different per level bracket (like 32-40 may be 5 atributes per trait while 72-80 10 per trait etc), but point is you do get attributes based on how you are building your toon and it is not just a straight up "your level 38 have 3 power 2 defense and 7 brawn", you choose what gains, just not in a direct way.

Deleted
    I guess the lack of direct trade is a small concern for me. Nothing major as you can send and receive mail eveywhere, but still it's a bit silly... :P

@Hockeyhacker I understand all that, but agin what I do not like is it now forces you into a talent tree play style having your attributes tied to the trait lines. Example being the engineer, I am forced into a defense playstyle just to grab traits that effect turrets. The freedom of making your toon one of a kind is now gone and play styles are forced on you. You can tweek it here and there but it is nothing like the old system that really let you customize how you want to play. Spend X attributes each level and ever so many levels you could slot traits of your own choicing be it minior or major. THis set up compared to the new one just seems better at making me feel like I am truly making my own character and not being told I have to play this way to do this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I watched a few wvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvvw videos and it was mostly just some guy beating on a wall for 5 minutes. I get what they're trying to do but it does look pretty boring. Other than that, no raids and only 3 5 mans. I think it's 3, I don't know. And yes I know there are different modes for them and shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I watched a few wvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvvw videos and it was mostly just some guy beating on a wall for 5 minutes. I get what they're trying to do but it does look pretty boring. Other than that, no raids and only 3 5 mans. I think it's 3, I don't know. And yes I know there are different modes for them and shit.
    No one used siege weapons. End of story.

Secondly, ANet is aware of it and already are in the process of fixing it.
    Oh, noooo, I'm so sorry. It's The Moops. The correct answer is, The Moops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found something that I dislike while watching the videos. It is possible that this just happens in the starting zones, but I watched players killing centaurs, that are standing around, doing nothing, not even taking note of their buddies 10 meters away from them that just got their faces melted. They respawned every few seconds, and that's it.

It's nothing that is worse than in other MMORPGs, but it doesn't feel so 'alive' as the missions I saw in GW1 so far. I got this 'I always hated that in WoW'-feeling while watching the videos.

Maybe I'm just confused why everything is so perfect but this still feels so old.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

achievements does make the screen shake for 10sec upon achieving. joking

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    We've already had this thread, and it turned into 50 pages of Wow fans seeing the thread in the recent list on the front page and using it as a infraction-free pass to bash GW2. Let's not do this again.
    This... It'll be okay for a while, probably, but they'll start to creep in.

OT: Mostly little things, like only having five character slots and no dueling. That's all I can really think of right now. The longer time goes on and the further I look into things, I begin to see how they aren't really bad ideas and I realize why ArenaNet decided to implement them. Basically, I've learned at this point that games aren't going to be perfect and I've told myself that just because I may not like a particular idea, it doesn't mean it's bad. So I can't come up with anything else, haha. :P

Oh yeah, I dislike that I won't get to play it over my spring break.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    Other than that, no raids and only 3 5 mans. I think it's 3, I don't know. And yes I know there are different modes for them and shit.
    8 dungeons each supposedly with up to 3 different explorable modes. Explorable modes are not just like WoW heroics btw, they have different objectives and different bosses, so it is not exactly the same experience.

As for what I don't like about GW2? The fact that it isn't downloaded onto my computer right now and available for me to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    8 dungeons each supposedly with up to 3 different explorable modes. Explorable modes are not just like WoW heroics btw, they have different objectives and different bosses, so it is not exactly the same experience.
    Important distinction: 5-mans in GW2 are *nothing* like 5-mans in WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Important distinction: 5-mans in GW2 are *nothing* like 5-mans in WoW.
    I'm pretty sure that was what my post was saying, so I don't see why you quoted me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was what my post was saying, so I don't see why you quoted me.
    No, I was making the distinction that WoW 5-mans, in both normal and heroic, are faceroll content meant to quickly push you to being raid ready, while GW2 5-mans, in both story and explorable mode, are as challenging as raids already.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, I was making the distinction that WoW 5-mans, in both normal and heroic, are faceroll content meant to quickly push you to being raid ready, while GW2 5-mans, in both story and explorable mode, are as challenging as raids already.

WoW 5-mans are great actually. The problem lies with item scaling somthing GW2 wont have. WoW 5 mans always become faceroll because the more of them you run and the more you raid the easier they get. The only way a GW2 5 man becomes easy is if everyone does their job correctly. Try doing Heroic Grim Batol with all greens and a few 333 ilvl equips and see how face roll it is. This is the main problem with wow. Item scaling is bad for content.

Oh and on topic- I dont like the fact that Kodan are not a playable race at launch. Hopefully they will be in an expansion.