10+ Year Old Account

Faction change + Panda

How is that going to work?

Will it just be one of the races you can select after doing a faction change.

or

Will you have to race change THEN faction change.

Deleted
    I've moved this to the MoP section

Why wouldn'T pandaren be able to faction change? past lvl 10 they are a completely normal race

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kind of talking about the reverse.

Changing my horde shaman, to alliance panda.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    No idea, since it is the same race, and this is the first time it happens.

It would be weird if you started neutral after a race change, and had to do the neutral quests to choose a faction.
    however don't your quests get "wiped" upon a race/faction ransfer meaning you never did the quest to "chose a faction" meanign your neutral.-> potentialy stuck in 1-10 panda land until you do them

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like worgens/goblins you can do it from day 1. And if you change to a panda you probably will have to select the faction immediately.

a faction change has ALWAYS included a race change >.>
    N

Im pretty sure your toon will stay on the faction it was originally made.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    Im pretty sure your toon will stay on the faction it was originally made.
    Not if they're doing a paid faction change... /facepalm
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

quite sure if you faction change from, using your example, a horde shaman(lets say tauren) to an alliance pandaren shaman, it would set the faction flag on your pandaren to alliance and spawn you in whatever city they dump you out in after the starting zone(probably stormwind in this example)

So, are they going to make players pay for two services just to faction change...?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I'm kind of talking about the reverse.

Changing my horde shaman, to alliance panda.
    It's quite possible given your horde shaman is past level 10.

Panda, Panda, Panda.

You will be able to change to a Panda, Panda, Panda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalier View Post
    quite sure if you faction change from, using your example, a horde shaman(lets say tauren) to an alliance pandaren shaman, it would set the faction flag on your pandaren to alliance and spawn you in whatever city they dump you out in after the starting zone(probably stormwind in this example)
    This is most likely what will occur. It will only be one transaction (faction change). They'll just add a flag making it so you can't faction change someone under 10 or they could just set your flag right off the bat. That is all that is happening after you finish the first questing zone anyways. Just like currently, you will not be able to return to the starting zone.

I'd imagine it works the same as a faction swap works now; save for the fact that you might feel a bit cheated if you start and end as a Panderan. Haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

When you faction change right now, your faction has already switched by the time you log on. It just presents you with a button that lets you choose the appropriate race (just like a race change, only the ones from the faction you were originally are greyed out).

So if you were a Horde Pandaren Shaman and buy a faction change, you log in and there's a button next to your character - you click on it, and all the race options are greyed out except for Pandaren, Draenai and Dwarf. If you click on Pandaren, do your re-customization (if you want), and then click done, you're an Alliance Pandaren Shaman. Or you click on Dwarf and you're an Alliance Dwarf Shaman - makes no difference.

There's no complication as long as you have to wait until you're out of the Pandaren starting zone to faction change, which is trivial to code.

Tell you what, i can't wait to faction-swap my pirate goblin priest to a pirate panda priest. Haw haw haw
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.