Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ptwonline View Post
    Was that post part of a "Just say no to drugs" campaign or something?

was this post part of a "fox news app" campaign? you seem to not understand how to read context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Remind me not to move to Texas... Oh wait you don't need to, I already knew not to move there.

The only good things in Texas are the lakes.
    I like that you say this with a Ron Paul avatar.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    Besides the fact that I never called every Texan a racist (in multiple places in my post that notion is refuted), the logic in the article is actually quite logical as they looked at a sweeping assumption that was made on a group of young athletes based on their skin color. That's pretty much textbook racism.

Since you're sure to return with poopsicles dangling from your chin with the regurgitated fail-think of the 10 pages of posts before you, I'll elaborate. The assumption: the losing team isn't American (when clearly they're from a school district in the states). Reason for assumption: color of skin, names on jerseys, etc. Action: Chant USA as a jeer to indicate that said group of people were not thought of as Americans, and that the game at hand was not between two high school teams, but between two nations. USA obviously won, let's celebrate.

The logic in the article is sound, because it involves people who were there, who understand the context of the chanting, and who understand the context of social relations in this state.
    Lol, I've been posting here the whole time.
    This is just like the article someone posted of a school chanting USA, and the other school took it as offensive because by USA they meant "you suck ass."
    STOP OVER THINKING EVERYTHING!
    All they said was USA
    USA =/= anyone who isn't white isn't American.
    USA= United States of America

You could easily say that me saying "lol" at the beginning of my post was racist because I don't think that people of your race(what ever it may be) can laugh. Do you see how ridiculous that sounds?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I know a lot of you will disagree with me, but most of the people that play or use the racist card, are in fact the racists.

Giving differencial treatment for someone because of their skin color etc is ridiculous. Had it been a bunch of black folks saying '' USA , USA '' no problem would have come out of this. In fact, some people would even support it...
    So you have a link showing that has happened or are you just making things up?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Again, you are seeing things that aren't there. What you are doing is taking a step back and looking at this situation from an observers position. What you are failing to do, however, is look through the eyes of the students. Perhaps you have never been to a game before, but it is an exhilarating experience, especially during the last few minutes. When the team had won, was presented with their trophy, some individual probably started chanting USA unconsciously and the crowd mindlessly embraced it. You assume it had malicious intent, but there is no real way of knowing that from the context given, they could have just as well been mindlessly chanting. The people calling this racist are not looking at what was intended, but how they insinuated it. Give the kids a break, they were just caught up in the moment.
    That works, except it was the crowd chanting.*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadgazm View Post
    His or her usage of the word redneck was clear, go back and read the original comment I quoted.
    "the presumption made by most of the rednecks in this state is that anyone who speaks spanish with dark skin is obviously an illegal immigrant."

We can identify that one classification of a 'redneck' for this person is a prejudiced mindset. That is all we may ascertain. A point is raised previously about wealth but seems to refer to segregation-encouraged racism in context, and is seperated from the quoted text via conjunction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadgazm View Post
    You're right redneck is slang and can be used in different ways, so can n*gger. I hear it in rap music all the time, I also hear it from time to time in a less respectful way. I'm simply pointing out that calling one group of people a racial epithet in the same post about how they're racist and are bad people for using potentially racial comments is ironic.
    It's very hard to compare words, given how much variety is in their roots and usage. 'Redneck' to many may carry no racial connotations at all; with words like this, it can be confusing to establish the intentions of those that use the word. In this case, it appears to lack any racist motivations. However, I agree with you in that if you, say, are in a position where you regularly deal with the term 'redneck' in a different (emotionally-charged) context, it would feel alien to interpret it as anything else. Words and gestures are very interesting in how differently they can be received.

Quote Originally Posted by rigoremortis View Post
    was this post part of a "fox news app" campaign? you seem to not understand how to read context.
    The context seemed to be you claiming that a vast population majority is somehow a minority because someone else was there first. It makes no sense at all unless you are using some sort of warped frame of reference, hence my question about drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYIRISHGUY View Post
    This is another example of the school system bowing down to other ethnic/religious belief so they can please them in every aspect so if some foreigner chant " death to america or kill american soldier " because they hate american that wouldn't be declare racist or even promoting terrorism ?

I draw an fine lines explicitly when obama bowing down to afghanistan and said "sorry" blame the troop for the mishaps.............bush will never do that !

DOUBLE STANDARD !
    Of course they'd be promoting terrorism, where have you heard any different?
    And Obama is commander in chief, if his troops killed some civilians in Afganistan, ultimately its his responsibility. Bush could have learned a thing or two from him.

I'm closing this. It's just turned into a bunch of nation bashing, which we don't allow.