Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

A Tap-Repeatedly Article

Another decent read, more emotion than information but inspiring; http://tap-repeatedly.com/2012/02/im...d-wars-2-beta/

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Morbius View Post
    Another decent read, more emotion than information but inspiring; http://tap-repeatedly.com/2012/02/im...d-wars-2-beta/
    Great read, loved it.
    - Guild Wars 2 Characters -
    Senari of the Woad | Riven Lightsbane | Cain the Mystic

10+ Year Old Account
    Lewis B's articles are usually quite good because he actually does his research and thus knows a thing or two about GW2.
    Who would of thought, an online journalist that actually practices the art of journalism...

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Lewis B's articles are usually quite good because he actually does his research and thus knows a thing or two about GW2.
    Who would of thought, an online journalist that actually practices the art of journalism...
    Don't you dare speak of such a thing.

Deleted
    Thanks for the link.

Deleted
    Blasphemy!*

Also his videos are not so empty compared to those minecrafters. When he plays the game I actualy feel that he know what is he doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    good, maybe members of the TV media will catch on
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    it makes me very happy when i see articles like this, the sheer fact that people*are enjoying reviewing a game is getting me hyped about it, and that is saying something, as I have never been this excited about a game in my entire life. I have never had /squee moments before, and this game makes me just lose my posture every time i think about it.

If people are this excited about an alpha and beta, I cannot wait to see how people will react when it is finally released.

FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP TORTURING ME AND ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE DATE! Blizzard is really working hard to try and sucker me back into WoW, and it is getting increasingly harder for me to hold out and wait with nothing to play in the meantime ><
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    I just happened to catch this today in between meetings and the statement of getting lost in the game for 5 hours and not taking notes really took me by surprise because its usually not what someone admits too when testing a game. This to me along with the enthusiasm of the article told me i was on the right path. This game will fill a void for many old school gamers and surprise quite a few new MMO players and between his excitement and the developers excitement i am stoked.

Really enjoyed the article. Only problem is that I have this uncomfortable feeling that with everyone being so unabashedly optimistic about the game that it is somehow going to disappoint when it's finally released. I really hope I'm just being a paranoid parrot though and that the game will be as amazing as people think it's going to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome article.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewaker View Post
    Really enjoyed the article. Only problem is that I have this uncomfortable feeling that with everyone being so unabashedly optimistic about the game that it is somehow going to disappoint when it's finally released. I really hope I'm just being a paranoid parrot though and that the game will be as amazing as people think it's going to be.
    It will be, and then some.

...clean up on aisle 9?

Great read.
    Articles like this one..........god damn but they get my hypotronometer racing.
    Press people, who are often quite cynical and analytical, are falling in love with this game like dominos.
    GIEF ME GAME NAOW!

I understand that he's enthusiatic about the game, but he sounds like he wants to sell the game rather than give a fair opinion about it; had I know nothing about GW2 and read the article, I'd dismiss much of it as pure (forgive the expression) fanboyism.

I liked MikeB's video review much more, to put an example, as he sounded more objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    I liked MikeB's video review much more, to put an example, as he sounded more objective.
    I disagree with MikeB's objectivity.

The day before the embargo lift he posted on Twitter:
    I also want to add that I'll be countering a few of these crazy claims about GW2 tomorrow as well *coughtrinitycoughquestscough*
    In previous months he filled in on GamebreakerTV when the GW2 presenters where absent on a few occasions, and every time he would say things along the lines of "oh well they say they got rid of the trinity, but I think you can still play like a healer" etc.

So he had made his mind up months before he even played the game.
    In my opinion, that completely destroys his creditability as a journalist doing a review.

Wasn't he the guy that played a guardian in one of those dungeon videos, and he said that he was going to tank?

Or was that curse?

Or was he the guy that claimed his party (during a dungeon) had a dedicated healer? (a developer supporting his group because everyone else was crap)

Anyways, I don't like Mike B. He's just annoying to listen to. I don't get why everyone seems to love him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree with MikeB's objectivity.

The day before the embargo lift he posted on Twitter:

Meanwhile a few times he filled in on GamebreakerTV when the GW2 presenters where absent, and every time he would say things along the lines of "oh well they say they got rid of the trinity, but I think you can still play like a healer" etc.

So he had made his mind up months before he even played the game.
    In my opinion, that completely destroys his creditability as a journalist doing a review.
    Yeah. What's funny is that even after the press beta everything he said about the trinity was based on observations. He never tried to fill those roles himself. He was obviously more interested in PvP, even to say that GW2 is a PvP game, which is clearly false to anyone following the game for at least a few months (At least I hope it would be)

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 07:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Wasn't he the guy that played a guardian in one of those dungeon videos, and he said that he was going to tank?

Or was that curse?

Or was he the guy that claimed his party (during a dungeon) had a dedicated healer? (a developer supporting his group because everyone else was crap)
    He played a Necromancer in the dungeon. There was an engineer that was putting down healing turrets in his group and he said something along the lines of "The trinity is abolished somewhat; That's not to say the guy throwing heals on the ground isn't our dedicated healer, and the guy taking all the hits isn't a tank".
    Last edited by Malthurius; 2012-03-08 at 12:38 PM.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

You see every button except for 1 on your action bar?

I highly advise reading them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Yeah. What's funny is that even after the press beta everything he said about the trinity was based on observations. He never tried to fill those roles himself.
    He spent the whole time standing at the back, doing nothing but damage. He never once tried to use his utility skills to give his teammates a boon, and never once tried to control mobs.

So basically, he played like there was a trinity, then when his teammates had to try to keep him alive and handle the mobs without his help, he says "AHA I've got you, I knew there was still a trinity!"

/facepalm

He's clearly cool because he tries to talk all hip
    I liked his walkaround videos, but other than that, and even then it was mostly the scenery, he's a classic case of a sensationalist journalist. No substance.