Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    He spent the whole time standing at the back, doing nothing but damage. He never once tried to use his utility skills to give his teammates a boon, and never once tried to control mobs.

So basically, he played like there was a trinity, then when his teammates had to try to keep him alive and handle the mobs without his help, he says "AHA I've got you, I knew there was still a trinity!"

/facepalm
    Great - this means we all have to deal with a bunch of idiots from time to time who try to prove their trinity-theory while not doing their job and beeing nothing but chock on the groups chariot.

However, nice article, thanks for linking it.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I disagree with MikeB's objectivity.

The day before the embargo lift he posted on Twitter:

In previous months he filled in on GamebreakerTV when the GW2 presenters where absent on a few occasions, and every time he would say things along the lines of "oh well they say they got rid of the trinity, but I think you can still play like a healer" etc.

So he had made his mind up months before he even played the game.
    In my opinion, that completely destroys his creditability as a journalist doing a review.
    It may be. In any case it's not what I was talking about; even if he's not impartial, which I can forgive since he's not a machine, the report did sound so instead of reading like a love letter.

Deleted
    I loved reading this article. Can't wait to experience this game!

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    FINALLY! A great write up on GW2 beta. Not just "this mechanic does this" that we've heard ad nauseum for the past 4 months. He writes his opinions and his view points. Great read. Anyone who considers themselves a GW2 fan MUST read this article.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    it is getting increasingly harder for me to hold out and wait with nothing to play in the meantime ><
    Try out City of Heroes, imo, it's a great time-killer.

---------- Post added 2012-03-08 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    He played a Necromancer in the dungeon. There was an engineer that was putting down healing turrets in his group and he said something along the lines of "The trinity is abolished somewhat; That's not to say the guy throwing heals on the ground isn't our dedicated healer, and the guy taking all the hits isn't a tank".
    Some people will turn to using faulty logic just to stubbornly support their arguments and not be wrong.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.