Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haimchen View Post
    What I really can not forgive Logan is this:

He threw the onetime chance of killing one of the Elder Dragons away. A dragon gave his life for this chance, Snaff had to die for it, there won't be another like that. At least not in the near future.

So I blame him for basically ever man, charr, asura, sylvari, norn and every other creature that gets killed by the Crystal Dragon (Kralkatorrik or something similar) after the events of EoD.

For me, it is not the choice queen over friends, but the greater god, the well-being of all living things in Tyria over one replacable person.

And on topic: As others have said, GoA is way more enjoyable. I read it first and was really disappointed with EoD afterwards.

I pray for Ember to make an appearance in game *fingers crossed*
    so the solution is the genocide of the human race at the hands of charr? Why not off the sylvari then? I mean they are the new kids on the block

If you don't think the charr would capitalize on the death of the queen (a very real possibility without his intervention) then you need to go read up on your lore

They WOULD do it, dragon or no dragon

Jennah is NOT replaceable she's the only known remaining descendant of king Doric, the only thing holding the humans together, and the imminent power struggle between the nobels and advisors is begging for a second searing
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-22 at 01:05 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

If you don't think the charr would capitalize on the death of the queen (a very real possibility without his intervention) then you need to go read up on your lore
    If you tell me where I am able to read something about this, I would be thankful.

Might just be the not so good writing of EoD, but I never had the impression the Queen was that important.

But maybe I just didn't like her, because she had to go to Ebonhawk for no reason and put herself in unnecessary danger :-p

And if the Queen has no rightful heir: Wouldn't it be just a matter of time until the humans faced the fate you described above?

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    Jennah is NOT replaceable she's the only known remaining descendant of king Doric, the only thing holding the humans together, and the imminent power struggle between the nobels and advisors is begging for a second searing
    Plus............she's got a great rack.

With that massively inapproriate and total irrelevant post, I think I'll sleep.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you tell me where I am able to read something about this, I would be thankful.

Might just be the not so good writing of EoD, but I never had the impression the Queen was that important.

But maybe I just didn't like her, because she had to go to Ebonhawk for no reason and put herself in unnecessary danger :-p

And if the Queen has no rightful heir: Wouldn't it be just a matter of time until the humans faced the fate you described above?
    If you don't intend to play gw1 go to the gw wiki and look up "the searing" you'll find the situations would be remarkably similar

As for queen Jennah and her bloodline Doric is the king of humans in ancient times who used his blood to help the gods seal magic away into the bloodstones, she's also a descendant of Selma who overthrew the white mantle and mursaat to retake kryta. Basically the American revolutionary war.

As for an heir, that's what Logan and his special bloodline, the thackerys (Gwen, from gw1 and founder of ebonhawke) is for...eventually

Unsure what the 2 bloodlines mixing will do but it sounds awesome

Also being a descendant of Doric Jennah is the only person capable of ending the foefire with magdaer or sohothin

She was in ebonhawke to celebrate the opening of the asura gate, vey important since normally gates aren't used for war. A much needed morale boost since citizens there feel forgotten

Jennah isn't set up to be merely a love interest, there's so much behind her and what she represents that I can't imagine grub and ree writing off such a powerful and compelling character
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-22 at 01:53 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Thank you very much, the importance of Jennah was not transmitted through the book.

So maybe I should blame Mr King for the misunderstanding: While reading the book, it looked like Logan just threw his friendships away as a love-blinded fool.
    And not like a serious inner conflict, with him being torn between his loyalties.

Where do the imformation on Jennah come from? The books, and I just forgot about it/didn't notice while reading?

And yes, I know she visited Ebonhawke to show support, but I still think it was unnecessary dangerous, the city being surrounded and constantly under attack by charr. Even moreso now that I know more of her.

But well, stories would be boring if no one made mistakes ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I also have to wonder if Jennah's "influence" over Logan was not....magical? She IS a mesmer...we know this from the book. I somehow thought that she cast a spell over Logan that made him have to go to her when she needed him. Some sort of of mind-control. Maybe I'm wrong...it's been a while since I read the book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you very much, the importance of Jennah was not transmitted through the book.

So maybe I should blame Mr King for the misunderstanding: While reading the book, it looked like Logan just threw his friendships away as a love-blinded fool.
    And not like a serious inner conflict, with him being torn between his loyalties.

Where do the imformation on Jennah come from? The books, and I just forgot about it/didn't notice while reading?

And yes, I know she visited Ebonhawke to show support, but I still think it was unnecessary dangerous, the city being surrounded and constantly under attack by charr. Even moreso now that I know more of her.

But well, stories would be boring if no one made mistakes ;-)
    its a mix between the books and established lore + interviews i think.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Queen_Jennah

the doric thing is a direct consequence of being related to salma, her popularity is due to her rule and the significance of her is based both on that and on the circumstances the humans are in. the part about stopping the foefire is a legend brought up i think in GoA (a descendant of doric can stop it). alot of the stuff about jennah is hidden among other things but is easy to put the pieces together

the bloodline mixing of the thackerys and doric's is just something i thought up, it is kind of significant

think of ebonhawke as the wild west, its the only human settlement in the middle of charr territory, they are in a giant stalemate with the charr's iron legion even though they are always strained for unreliable supplies, since they had to come in through or around the shiverpeak mountains. its natural of the citizens to feel forgotten, it was a good gesture on her part.

as for the hole power vacuum thing... not only does it happen in 99% of all monarchs when there is no established line of succession but here's this little gem...

Her biggest rival for power is Legate Minister Caudecus who some believe should rule Kryta and not her.
    jennah has a lot on her plate im surprised she isnt brought up as much. i would be so bold to say that besides destiny's edge, she is the most important person in GW2
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    I also have to wonder if Jennah's "influence" over Logan was not....magical? She IS a mesmer...we know this from the book. I somehow thought that she cast a spell over Logan that made him have to go to her when she needed him. Some sort of of mind-control. Maybe I'm wrong...it's been a while since I read the book.
    she explicitly says to one of her guards (pretty sure it was dylan) that she isnt doing anything to him

then again mesmers do tend to lie...
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-22 at 03:58 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwoe View Post
    I don't think she did anything to charm him into liking her but now that you bring up the whole mind control thing maybe she did tip the scales a bit on whether to stay or leave...

And what's with all the hate on the writing of EoD? i thought it was written very well, and thought the whole relationship between rytlock and logan was pretty freaking iffy until a lot later in the book... (around where logan killed the harpy)
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.