Pairing Video Cards[Two Brands]

Hello, after having the EVGA GeForce GTX 275 for about 3-4 years, I've decided to upgrade and got myself a XFX Radeon 7970 Black Edition, I was wondering is it possible to pair these two up on the same computer?

No, you can't pair up Nvidia cards with AMD cards, or vice-versa. You might be able to use some driver trickery to make the GTX 275 run physx in games that support it, but I'm not sure it would be worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, can't combine one AMD and one Nvidia together unless you run a Lucid Hydra chipset on your motherboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bojango View Post
    I was wondering is it possible to pair these two up on the same computer?
    If you want to add more monitors than the single R7970 allows, then yes. For any other purpose than to generate instability and heat no.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGX View Post
    You might be able to use some driver trickery to make the GTX 275 run physx in games that support it, but I'm not sure it would be worth it.
    Don't even need any trickery, it should work out of the box. But for the low amount of PhysX games it's not worth the hassle, the electricity bill and the increased temperatures. Also using badly mismatched cards for PhysX will actually lower your framerate when the R7970 has to wait for the GTX275.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.