10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy InvisibleChildren/Kony2012. Worried

Recently there has been tons of talk about the group Invisible Children and their kony 2012*movement. I don't want to sound heartless by saying the actual problem of Joseph kony or the LRA (Lord's Resistance Army) is not important. I think it's terrible that anyone would force people, especially children, to do these things. My real issue comes with the Invisible Children group itself. I've heard rumors and done some of my own research. From what I've gathered it turns out that only around 32% of the money takes in by the group goes to the actual cause. The rest goes to the funding of trips and the payment of employees. For those who don't know Invisible Children sends volunteers all over the United states to high schools to raise*awareness*and funds for their organization. Apparently this is where a large amount of the money is going. IC (as i'll call them for short) is apparently also in favor of united states*military*action. In addition they support the Ugandan government while seriously*downplaying the way this*government*acts and treats it's people.*

I myself am an american high school student and have heard members of IC speak at my school twice. Both times they showed a movie and asked for donations and you were given a T-shirt as thanks. Both times i didn't get a sense or real 'heartfeltness' from the*volunteers*but that's just me.*

I was wondering what some of you guy's thoughts were on this?

I had a link to a news site but i don't have enough posts to post it sorry *XD

P.S. I know there is already a fairly large thread about Kony 2012 but I*fealt*like making a new thread to discuss this view would be best.

We already have a lengthy + active thread on this exact subject going on. Please take the conversation there.

Locked.