Page 1 of 22
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1

    I believe it's time Blizzard got rid of the 1-80 levels

    Its useless filler content now. The leveling grind for it is boring. I believe more players would be interested in the game if they could skip that useless content grind, and get to access to the main features from the start rather than wasting time with the 1-80 crap.

    This is the issue I had with CATA.*

    Blizzard spent most of the resources developing useless low level content. Revamping useless low level zones. So much wasted content on low level areas, that could have been made for endgame instead.

    The levels in WoW hurt the game more than it help.*
    Mentoring like Guild Wars 2 does, will be the best way to make older content more fun for all.

    Or if not that, I would simply suggest getting rid of the 1-80 levels and make the game 1-10 instead. And change all low level content to max level content.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Its useless filler content now. The leveling grind for it is boring. I believe more players would be interested in the game if they could skip that useless content grind, and get to access to the main features from the start rather than wasting time with the 1-80 crap.

    This is the issue I had with CATA.*

    Blizzard spent most of the resources developing useless low level content. Revamping useless low level zones. So much wasted content on low level areas, that could have been made for endgame instead.

    The levels in WoW hurt the game more than it help.*
    Mentoring like Guild Wars 2 does, will be the best way to make older content more fun for all.

    Or if not that, I would simply suggest getting rid of the 1-80 levels and make the game 1-10 instead. And change all low level content to max level content.
    Everyone on MMOC will hate on you and this suggestion...


    ..until Blizzard actually does it. Then anyone who complains will be lectured as to how stupid they are, and how positive and overdue of a change it was for Blizz to make.

  3. #3
    Immortal Tierbook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    7,872
    that may be... the dumbest thing ive ever heard... and i listen to Rush Limbaugh

  4. #4
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    144
    You may feel it like this, but there are others too. Personally I don't mind the leveling, it gives me something to do when I'm bored.

  5. #5
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    Its useless filler content now. The leveling grind for it is boring. I believe more players would be interested in the game if they could skip that useless content grind, and get to access to the main features from the start rather than wasting time with the 1-80 crap.

    This is the issue I had with CATA.*

    Blizzard spent most of the resources developing useless low level content. Revamping useless low level zones. So much wasted content on low level areas, that could have been made for endgame instead.

    The levels in WoW hurt the game more than it help.*
    Mentoring like Guild Wars 2 does, will be the best way to make older content more fun for all.

    Or if not that, I would simply suggest getting rid of the 1-80 levels and make the game 1-10 instead. And change all low level content to max level content.
    How is storytelling, immersion, showing of the world and setting a mood "useless filler content"? This is probably the dumbest post I've seen in ages. Getting rid of those 80 levels, erm what would happen to TC and WOtlk? Geesh...
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  6. #6
    It's WORLD of warcraft. Not "2-6 Zones of Warcraft".

  7. #7
    Don't agree at all.
    Last edited by Swiftygod; 2013-07-22 at 02:39 AM.

  8. #8
    I agree; its not like 1-80 teach you ANYTHING about your class; even if you're new and don't know how to play, you're expected to research your class, (thats how everyone else has to do it to be efficient for endgame, whether it is raiding or pvp). I only say this because I've met more than my fair share of 85s with free LFR epics that have zero clue how to play their class effectively.

  9. #9
    Wouldn't really be an MMORPG if you removed the Lore parts. And yes, the low level zones are a part of the lore.
    The leveling is such a small part of the game anyway and it would suck major if I didn't get to level any alts again. That's all I ever do once we've cleared all the HC content.
    Don't even get me started on the amount of Shadow priests I've leveld up.
    No Envy, No Fear


  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    I agree; its not like 1-80 teach you ANYTHING about your class; even if you're new and don't know how to play, you're expected to research your class, (thats how everyone else has to do it to be efficient for endgame, whether it is raiding or pvp). I only say this because I've met more than my fair share of 85s with free LFR epics that have zero clue how to play their class effectively.
    that feel when

    I'm being generous
    Last edited by Swiftygod; 2013-10-22 at 08:58 AM.

  11. #11
    The Insane
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    16,164
    Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    I agree; its not like 1-80 teach you ANYTHING about your class; even if you're new and don't know how to play, you're expected to research your class, (thats how everyone else has to do it to be efficient for endgame, whether it is raiding or pvp). I only say this because I've met more than my fair share of 85s with free LFR epics that have zero clue how to play their class effectively.
    Wrong - Level 1-80 gives you all you need to know, that being the info. It's your responsibility to read the info and come to a conclusion.
    *broken link*
    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Everyone on MMOC will hate on you and this suggestion...


    ..until Blizzard actually does it. Then anyone who complains will be lectured as to how stupid they are, and how positive and overdue of a change it was for Blizz to make.
    Thats because not everyone in the world has the same opinion. Oh my gosh who wouldve guessed that?

    On Topic:
    I dont think that less "RP" in the game is actually good for the game. Its a roleplaying game that we play after all.

  13. #13
    Its useless filler content now.
    It's 9/10ths of the game. It's more important than raiding, PVP and any max level content combined.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How is storytelling, immersion, showing of the world and setting a mood "useless filler content"? This is probably the dumbest post I've seen in ages. Getting rid of those 80 levels, erm what would happen to TC and WOtlk? Geesh...
    If you really think that grinding quests to kill ten X over and over for hours on end is "storytelling, immersion, showing of the world and setting a mood" then you're the one with the "dumbest post I've seen in ages."

  15. #15
    Whaat, not even
    Last edited by Swiftygod; 2013-07-22 at 02:39 AM.

  16. #16
    This has to be the worst suggestion ever. Those levels are there for the learning curve of the character. This isn't a private instant 80 server.

  17. #17
    Blademaster blitzkreig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    On the edge of the cliff laughing at the lemmings
    Posts
    38
    [QUOTE= and i listen to Rush Limbaugh[/QUOTE]

    i also listen to Rush and this came as a shock to me...... kinda weird considering.......

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    This has to be the worst suggestion ever. Those levels are there for the learning curve of the character. This isn't a private instant 80 server.
    Correct, it's a Blizzard instant 80 server.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    How is storytelling, immersion, showing of the world and setting a mood "useless filler content"? This is probably the dumbest post I've seen in ages. Getting rid of those 80 levels, erm what would happen to TC and WOtlk? Geesh...
    Sorry telling can work the same way endgame has had it working. I didn't need extra levels to tell a story once I was at max cap during each WoW phase that added to tiers. Vanilla had multiple endgame raids. All was level 60. No leveling there, yet very different storylines. Same for TBC & WOTLK. sorry but STORY!=LEVELS

    Also TBC & WOTLK would would the same way DLC works. You buy it, you gain access to it. Want to go to Outlands. Well buy TBC. Want to go to Northrend and play a Death Knight, well buy TBC and WOTLK.*
    Not hard to understand really.

    Don't need levels to expand content, nor progress. Players have been progressing in CATA's 85 level cap for close to a year now.
    You are confused, if you truly believe levels are needed for expanding content in each expansion pack.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

  20. #20
    tldr, I'm lazy. Earn like the rest. I've done it with 5 85's and have 3 more in the works.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •