Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

World War III: Where would you hide if you had too?

IF World War III happened, where would you hide on the planet to get away from the mass-destruction and chaos?
    I'm thinking Australia, a place with decent weather and they most likely won't get involved with the war.

Where would you hide?

Neutral Ireland.
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

Quote Originally Posted by StenchSlash View Post
    I'm thinking Australia, a place with decent weather and they most likely won't get involved with the war.
    Western allied country near China. I would steer clear.

I'd go to a tiny island in the middle of nowhere, which has no strategic importance to anyone. But it must have an internet connection, we all have our limits.

10+ Year Old Account
    Africa. People ignore it when they have plenty of resources at their disposal.. in a middle of the war no ones going to touch it

If it were a split decision and I knew that we were being attacked soon and there was no way to get to a different country, I'd probably choose deep in a mine that is stable.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    It depends, if it was a nuclear war we'd all be screwed, however if it was conventional, I wouldn't hide, if the fight came to my nations shores, I would fight.*
    Www.facebook.com/magelordx
    Feel free to add me if you wish

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    Africa. People ignore it when they have plenty of resources at their disposal.. in a middle of the war no ones going to touch it
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_African_Campaign

???

10+ Year Old Account
    Hide? I plan to collect many heads as trophies. Seriously, if anything massive ever breaks out and there is mass lawlessness I have quite a few people I'm going to remove from the gene pool... provided I survive the apocalypse of course.
    Last edited by Clevername; 2012-03-08 at 10:56 AM.

If WWIII broke out I wouldn't hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF World War III happened, where would you hide on the planet to get away from the mass-destruction and chaos?

Where would you hide?
    All I can say is that with any pretense of a global economy and respect for national sovereignty out the window, China will take one look at us Aussies and our delicious delicious natural resources and say "Here. have a million armed infantry to the face. Enjoy.". Then we'll get rolled.

You're probably better off going somewhere no-one cares about... Like New Zealand. Or Tasmania (part of Australia, but we forget that).
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would go back to Turkey and enlist in the military. If the world wants our blood I would rather die fighting than to hide like a coward.

Come at me bro...
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Stay where i am right now Neutral Country ftw!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    Neutral Ireland.
    Come to Cork. Over 1,000 pubs for a population of around 200,000. That's 1 pub for every 200 people.

Australia has a strategic alliance with the US and a history of riding the coattails of them and Britain into wars so they would almost certainly get involved.

I dunno, the Arctic circle?

10+ Year Old Account
    Our offensive technology has so far outpaced our defensive technology that hiding from war is no longer a option.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

I'd say Canada but Stephen "Pedo Smile" Harper would get us in there faster that you can say "vote tampering".

Under my bed. Seriously though I suspect if a WW3 broke out any time in the near future it would go nuclear I doubt there'd be anywhere to hide that wouldnt get some fallout so under a bed is probably just as valid as anywhere else. At least on the bright side where I live is far enough from any likely targets that my town is unlikely to be directly targeted or be in the blast radius of somewhere that would be and the jetstream would carry any fallout that was not comeing in from the ocean away from here. Might survive as long as whoever we are fighting does not try to totaly blanket the country with nukes.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Udderpowered View Post
    Western allied country near China. I would steer clear.

I'd go to a tiny island in the middle of nowhere, which has no strategic importance to anyone. But it must have an internet connection, we all have our limits.
    You realise Australia has extremely strong economic and diplomatic ties with China???

Where would you hide?
    A US ally right next to china is a bad choice. Besides Aus would help their big bro US whenever they need, so we would indeed get drawn into it whether we like it or not.