Page 1 of 2
LastLast

25 Heroic Spine Tips and Tricks???

I know I recently posted about grips on spine, but after a couple nights of working on it this week, I'm wondering what was the biggest breakthrough you've had? What little tips made things 1000 times easier? Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!! <3

Also, we currently have 1 resto shaman, but have the option to use a total of 3 (1 alt and 1 offspec). The more we do the fight, the more I'm thinking that spirit link totem is just too powerful for this fight. Have you found them to be OP? I'm thinking spirit link totem would make up for a lesser geared alt and a lesser skilled offspec. Thoughts on this? Thanks again!

Adding a tank.
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

Stacking arcane mages for controlled burst. Still works after 10% nerf if you need to get the overall fight length down to not get swamped by bloods.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Being able to AoE down the adds while you have Spirit Link Totem on even 1 shaman is great, if you have an extra it almost completely breaks the intended difficulty of the encounter.

I'll add my own... Valor trinkets for tendon burst.

Quote Originally Posted by clavarnway View Post
    Adding a tank.
    For a total of 3?

We use a total of 2 1/2 tanks for 25 man. We also use 2-3 resto shaman.

We have a feral tank go kitty until last plate, then he goes bear, stands in the ranged/healers and swipes the mobs aggroed off of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    I'll add my own... Valor trinkets for tendon burst.

For a total of 3?
    Yes. Having a feral druid respec for crit immunity to help swipe/OT adds during the 3rd plate is really helpful. I thought everyone knew about the valor trinkets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    We use a total of 2 1/2 tanks for 25 man. We also use 2-3 resto shaman.

We have a feral tank go kitty until last plate, then he goes bear, stands in the ranged/healers and swipes the mobs aggroed off of them.

Exactly what we do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have arcane mages use mage ward at 9 stacks on the amalgimation to get incantors absorbtion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aloodanis View Post
    Damn casuals and their vending machines. Back in my day, We had to go all the way from Orgrimmar to Desolace to pick up chips from the store. we had to do an extensive attunement quest to get into the store and we had to assemble 39 other people to fight the many other trash mobs, i mean trash food, to get to the chip isle. Oh and most of us couldn't even afford our epic car mount to drive there, we had to settle for our 60% bike mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meer View Post
    We do it a bit differently and it helped us at least. We have a warrior (bloods) and a feral (amalgamations) tanking the first 2 plates. On the third plate, we have a dps feral go bear (with the crit immunity, just like everyone else). Instead of taking the bloods though, he tanks the amalgamations leaving the previous amalgamation tank to tank the loose bloods.

This allows the warrior, who's kiting, to focus more on the kiting when he doesn't have to pick up every loose add there is. He knows that the other tank can handle ~30-50 bloods somewhat easily.
    In Soviet Russia, you loot to raid.

Hippa

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndwUQ...layer_embedded

Our kill video with vent, hope it helps.

edit-- linked the wrong one, derp

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgjQv...layer_embedded

Pretty sure the end is sums up how long we have been waiting for this.

If you are still on the encounter or just starting - take those shamans. Spiritlink is still stupidly good there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using 3 tanks? (1 kiting excess bloods, 1 on amalg, and the other (feral preferred) picking up 9 bloods to kill for the amalg buff) We also used 2 Resto Shamans on our first kill so I would definitely on in that direction. If healing is your main issue, tell your dps to stop aoeing bloods (padding meters) there is absolutely no reason they should be killing them. It just adds so much unnecessary damage and it's often overlooked. Make sure all your dps and healers are stacked away from the tank(s) to get the Earth buff on your tanks. It's okay for the tank to ask 1 or 2 people to help kill the 9 bloods, but past that no one should be doing anything to them. Once you get to the last plate dps shouldn't even be touching them at all. They should stop using any abilities that would do any damage to them (Frost Dk's stop using Howling Blast, Shamans stop chain lightning etc). ALso have your paladins Holy Wrathing (stunning) the bloods on the 3rd plate to help the blood tank kite them. Use it when he'll be turning around to go the other direction.
    Last edited by Varyk; 2012-03-08 at 02:34 PM.

For stupid easymode.

1 Alg tank, 1 warrior to kite bloods in p3, 1/2dk's (warrior works to or a ret or another feral w/e) taunting bloods to the plate in p3, and a feral tank tanking bloods that go on the raid in p3.

Not like dps is an issue with the nerf.

Two totems is really nice.

On roll phases get the amalgs to absorb as many bloods without getting to 9 as possible. *This will reduce the bloods on the final tendon.

Like the poster above said. *If you have a feral, have him go bear on the final tendon to pick up bloods and hold them.

Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    On roll phases get the amalgs to absorb as many bloods without getting to 9 as possible. *This will reduce the bloods on the final tendon.
    How exactly do you do this? Do you pic a spot and aoe them down with the amalgamation? Kill the bloods quickly one at a time with the amalgamations up before roll? Do you aoe them down while standing in the roll spot? A little pointer here will go a LONG way.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanoob View Post
    How exactly do you do this? Do you pic a spot and aoe them down with the amalgamation? Kill the bloods quickly one at a time with the amalgamations up before roll? Do you aoe them down while standing in the roll spot? A little pointer here will go a LONG way.
    After first plate goes off we kill 2 tentacles and tank 3 amalgs ontop of bloods and aoe the bloods , absorb and just roll.
    Then after the second plates first tendon phase, we aoe down all the bloods at the plate, at that point the warrior starts tanking them away from the raid and we dont touch those anylonger.

What we do in phase 3 is a few posts above this, hope this helps.

Question. How exactly should totem be used on this fight? I dont know exactly how it works. Is there a trick to getting it to destroy healing debuffs? Usually I hit Divine Hymn as we go into a hole and the debuffs are either wiped out or really low and everyone else is topped. Should I use Hymn along with Spirit Link?

After looking over our logs, it seems our Holy Paladins are keeping beacons on the tank. Are they doing it wrong? I thought that beacon swapping was HUGE on this fight as far as taking off the absorbs from people. Am I wrong for thinking that or are they wrong for keeping beacons on the tanks?