Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    World pvp sucks in 2 faction mmos anyways.

    do not want.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by poorkilla View Post
    heres what i think will

    nerf guards and flightmasters
    make quest givers killable
    convert pve servers into pvp servers(its the world of WARcraft)
    no flags even in horde or alliance terrority
    nerf guards at starting zones
    no, thats griefing.

  3. #43
    more summon stones in pvp-enabled area's !

  4. #44
    Dreadlord Nosonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    IN THE MOUNTAINS
    Posts
    816
    none of that needs to happen.. world pvp happens when there are reasons for it..

    1) if people are out in the world doing quests, world pvp happens.
    - Remember world bosses? Azuregos... griefing.. ganking... so much fun
    - Remember STV? People had to go to the same netural camps to get quests... shit was serious

    2) if people are traveling on foot and not air, world pvp happens.
    - Remember vanilla? When you landed and made your way from the flight path to the instance, chances are, a red appeared and pvp happened.
    - TM vs SS existed because we had 2 towns very close to each other in a very popular leveling zone (back then)

    3) if people have to run to instances and raids instead of queue, world pvp happens.
    - Remember vanilla? How many times did PVP break out outside MC or AQ.... can't even count how many times you had to fight your way into the raid.


    A feature that I would like to see is a call to arms.. and went like 10+ players enter into world pvp and call for backup, a portal from the main city could open up to the location... this will allow horde and alliance to access the area easily and quickly to engage in epic battles.

  5. #45
    You need agitators, people who will initate it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

  6. #46
    Their should be guards in low level zones. Ganking low levels is for bad's so they can feel better about them selves. Doesn't matter if it world of WARcraft if you don't want to world pvp you shouldn't have to. Inb4 the killing low levels may start a war it usually doesn't. Just leave low levels and pve heroes alone.

  7. #47
    Merged two similar World PvP focused threads.

  8. #48
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Quebec, Canada
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by Feranor View Post
    Well, Blizz already tried to revive World PvP quite a few times:

    - Tower ruins in EPL
    - LOLSand in Silithus
    - Halaa etc.
    - Wintergrasp
    - Tol Barad

    Needless to say, a lobotomized snail could've predicted their failure in every case; which raises the question of whether Blizz actually wants World PvP. After all, it wouldn't work on most servers due to massive population imbalances (they'd have to cluster servers) and it would result in a deluge of QQ because it's a much harsher environment than those little sandboxes.
    You forgot THE place that worked...

    QUEL'DANAS...BEST time in wow ever...I could spend 9 hours a day world pvp'ing there.....Never found any other place like that since then

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,786
    It's hard to say really

    World of Warcraft will not ever be the same World of Warcraft that many of us once knew and often reminisce about. There is no reason to go outside of a captial city, and Blizzard isn't going to do anything to change that.

    the best that they will probably ever do is make guards weak again, because that's pretty much all that they can do without raping the new foundation that they have rebuilt the game upon.
    You get a thumbs up, pat on the back and a "way to go" from your label every day, looking boy
    Hey, looking boy, what you say looking boy? I get a "hell yeah" from Dre, looking boy
    I work for everything I have, never asked nobody for shit. Get outta my face, looking boy


  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by hitmannoob View Post
    Their should be guards in low level zones. Ganking low levels is for bad's so they can feel better about them selves. Doesn't matter if it world of WARcraft if you don't want to world pvp you shouldn't have to. Inb4 the killing low levels may start a war it usually doesn't. Just leave low levels and pve heroes alone.
    theres shouldnt be any high level guards heck there shouldnt be even any pve servers world of WARcraft is a game based on war why shouldnt there be more world pvp

  11. #51
    Except the horde and alliance are working together more and more. To it's a video game if people don't want to world pvp and blizzard puts that in the game. Might end up in lost subs their a business first at all times. I don't understand why pve server's bug you their are pvp servers maybe try rolling on one idk.

  12. #52

  13. #53
    World pvp is my favorite form of pvp

  14. #54
    If PvE raiding awarded zero loot like world PvP does, it would be done much less too. (The honor awarded in world PvP is practically zero since it is not a tenth that of battlegrounds per hour). Unfortunately MMORPG world PvP design typically seems to either go for zero loot or for the opposite undesirable extreme of transferring gear to the victor whenever someone dies (painfully discouraging -- like I haven't played Darkfall but heard, among other crippling issues, that players would go around mostly naked to avoid loss).

    What would be better is a little cloned gold/loot. Defeating a player in world PvP should not reward less loot and XP than a trivially easy NPC mob but rather more. Of course, farming abuse would need to be prevented, like not just a couple friends on opposite factions too profiting from agreeing to kill each other countless times over, but a system with diminishing returns could solve that.

    Of course, there are many other matters too, like high-levels being able to one-shot lowbies rather than different effective health scaling in PvP. WoW actually already scales PvP level-based spell hit (miss) chances differently than in PvE (see wowwiki for example), but, as for what the rationale would be for design ensuring that even a lowbie's CC spells practically always miss a high level ganker, minimizing even a chance of escape,* well...

    * aside from tricks like if one has the gnomish cloaking device on a leveling character

    I still love WoW overall, and, despite faults, it actually gives more of a feeling of a true virtual world than the other MMORPGs I have tried so far, yet world PvP could be so much better.

    I miss world PvP and people out in the world in general. Spending sometimes even 20+ minutes to travel to an instance in the old days was too excessive, but teleporting absolutely all of the way straight inside now is too much the opposite extreme, almost making matters as if the outside world does not even exist. Open world play is relatively penalized and discouraged when loot per hour gain is uncompetitive.

  15. #55
    Scarab Lord Stanton Biston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    4,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    World of Warcraft will not ever be the same World of Warcraft that many of us once knew and often reminisce about. There is no reason to go outside of a captial city, and Blizzard isn't going to do anything to change that.
    They have said they have plans to do it in MoP.

    To be honest, my biggest fear is that they're going to go overboard and everything will be scattered and dead and then all the work to get people out into the world will be for naught because it only takes a couple of griefers to fuck everything up and then I'm sitting in Arathi waitin' on Basin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

  16. #56
    Southshore vs Tarren Mill, how I miss thee
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

    Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

  17. #57
    maybe they will bring it back in MOP

  18. #58
    The problem is people want a reward for everything, noone does thing because they are just fun anymore.
    Only 1% of player base is willing to go out and gank around and have fun without reward.
    People must realise this is a game and rewards in it are jut fictionall and only point of the game is to have fun and rewards are there as a minor extra motivation

  19. #59
    Scarab Lord Stanton Biston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Corvallis, Oregon
    Posts
    4,864
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    The problem is people want a reward for everything, noone does thing because they are just fun anymore.
    Only 1% of player base is willing to go out and gank around and have fun without reward.
    People must realise this is a game and rewards in it are jut fictionall and only point of the game is to have fun and rewards are there as a minor extra motivation
    Personally, I'm happy that only 1% of the playerbase is sadistic/sadomasochistic. Hopefully the numbers will dwindle and the developers can focus on good PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Personally, I'm happy that only 1% of the playerbase is sadistic/sadomasochistic. Hopefully the numbers will dwindle and the developers can focus on good PvP.
    Camping level 30s in STV on my 60 was FUN.

    Eventually having said 30s logon their Mains to fight back is even MORE FUN!

    Finally, having it end up with a 15 on 15 battle @ Nessingwary's is THE MOST FUN!

    ~~

    Being a sadist has it's own personal rewards.

    Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •