Question In game video stuttering

So, I'm hoping someone has come across this before and can give me a few tips maybe.

I'm pretty good with computers and worked as a tech for a number of years while getting my software engineering degree. Now, I'm pretty much only a developer so I don't do a lot of tech stuff anymore so maybe I'm losing my touch. :P

My wife and I have mostly identical PC's. I built both of them and the only differences are I'm running a bigger SSD drive and a 4HDD Raid 10 as well.
    The problem I am having though is only on my PC.

So, the problem.

When playing WoW (I haven't noticed it on other games just yet, but that's probably because BF3 doesn't stay on the same map long enough to make it happen) after raiding for about 1-1.5 hours I will get micro pauses in my video. The weird thing about this is that my FPS does not drop, my CPU is not maxed out but, I get probably a .25sec pause every 2 seconds. This gets really frustrating as I'm sure you can all imagine.

I think so far I have only noticed it in Dragon Soul but, that 's also probably because other raids don't take as long.

If I restart WoW the problem immediately goes away.

I've tried new video drivers, chipset drivers, re-installing wow, different video settings, different sound settings....The only thing I haven't done is try disabling addons as the restarting of wow to change my addon usage fixes the problem anyway. So, I guess there is still a possibility that the issue lies in an addon.

If anyone has any tips or knows of an addon that could have an impact I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably an addon, yeah ^^ You have any damage meter or anything else that does combat log parsing?

Yes, I use recount and have combat logging turned on as I am raid leader and upload the logs to World of Logs.

The thing is why is it after an hour or so of play time before the addon causes such an issue. I know it could be a memory leak or something like that but, if that's true I would expect that other people would have the exact same issue as me.

*sigh* frustrating trying to solve these problems.

I guess I could get someone else to do the logging one night to see if it makes a difference.

Deleted
    Make sure all your addons are up to date, Could be a recently updated addon thats got a bug? Try playing with minimal addons and see if it still does it

Quote Originally Posted by Kragoth235 View Post
    Yes, I use recount and have combat logging turned on as I am raid leader and upload the logs to World of Logs.

The thing is why is it after an hour or so of play time before the addon causes such an issue. I know it could be a memory leak or something like that but, if that's true I would expect that other people would have the exact same issue as me.

*sigh* frustrating trying to solve these problems.

I guess I could get someone else to do the logging one night to see if it makes a difference.
    I know a lot of people that have been having similar problems that seem to be specifically linked to Dragon Soul. As Beefz suggested, the culprit is most likely an addon. Either a badly written addon, or an out of date addon. Remember that WoW was patched the other day so that could have messed with one of your addons causing it to act "funny?".
    NZXT Phantom
    ASRock Extreme4 Gen3 | I5 2500k | EVGA GTX 560 TI
    8gb Corsair Vengence | 60gb Agility3 SSD | 1tb Seagate 7200rpm

If the problem continues after disabling addons, it wouldn't hurt to take a quick look at the temperatures. You can use programs such as SpeedFan (there may be better programs I am not aware of) to monitor the temperatures inside the case.

Edit: It would probably be best if you could use a program that had a dashboard or small hud while you play a game in the fullscreen mode (Ive used the EVGA monitor tool that came with my graphics card.) Switching out of fullscreen to windowed mode usually gives the gpu or cpu enough time to cool down that you will be given false information of the temperatures.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-03-09 at 04:26 PM.