Unable to Reinstall error 1605

so with trion sending me an email or two every patch my interest has been coming back for rift and i was ready to jump back into the game! my computer on the hand had another idea, make me unable to play. i went to the website, found the handy download client button and went to redownload Rift. Every time i open this i get the options Modify, Repair, and uninstall. if i click any of them it just sends up an Error message 1605 and closes out the downloader. ive used CCleaner on multiple occasions to try to get rid of everything in the registry but to no avail.
    so im wondering if anyone else seems to have found a fix or workaround for this issue at all.
    thanks in advance to anyone that might help.
    (ALSO manually trying to delete my rift stuff didnt seem to fix the issue, so im at a loss for solutions right now)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eparg View Post
    if i click any of them it just sends up an Error message 1605 and closes out the downloader
    Just from typing "error 1605" into Google brings up a lot of links suggesting the problem lies with an outdated Windows Installer and/or old versions of Java Runtime Environment (JVE)

First link "hit" for error 605 >> http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...0-73718da3efc2

The suggestions range from getting the latest Windows Installer or using Javara to uninstall older versions of JRE

Javara >> http://singularlabs.com/software/javara/

Not sure if it's related to your installing Rift issues but a search on the Rift Forums brought up a lot of error codes but not 1605

thanks* for the reply i will give those links a shot when im at my home computer.

there were a few posts on the rift forums that i found but the extent of the solutions thrown forward were essentially "DL and run CCleaner and install" but thats simply not fixing it on my end.

Eparg, now that you mention it, I remember having a problem or two installing Rift. I don't know anything about frameworks (or whatever) but the 2 big issues tend to be JVE (as Slipmat mentioned) and crap related to old DirectX files required for installation.