HC Fight specific Demo help please

Okay so i usually go Demo on yorsaj, ultrax and spine hc but tonight we dont have 10% SP so im going Demo for all fights.

Firstly - is this correct to go Demo on ALL fights for the extra 4% sp boost to healers and our 2 caster dps?.
    Secondly- for fights such as hagara, morchok that i wouldnt usually play demo on, what are the tips and tricks to playing demo on those fights?
    Thirdly - thanks for reading

Deleted
    I'll give this ago, however, keep in mind that I don't usually play demonology.

It's usually worth it for the 4% sp boost, yes, very much so if you can play both specs equally well; however, if it's just "farm" you won't need it unless people are trying to rank on WoL and need the buff for that. For progression it could be the difference between a wipe and a kill. 4% of all magic dps 35k (?) = 1,4k DPS increase for every caster, not including the increase in healing it supplies.

For Morchok - seing as how he's basically a stand-and-nuke fight with the additional moving to take stomp/shards - I don't think there's much to say. Pop metamorphosis on the start (at least if you go full DPS from start, as my guild does). Don't pop metamorphosis if the black blood face is about to happen, it's a lot of downtime running to and fro. You can also use demon leap to get into shard-taking-position and back quicker, but a well placed portal is usually just as good.

Hagara - if she starts with the ice enchantment on her weapons, blow everything at start (including DG) since this will mean she's heading into the ice phase - where there's still things to DPS. If she has the lightning weapon enchant - i.e. the lightning phase is coming - I wouldn't pop DG then but rather whenever you bloodlust and you use your second pot.

These are my 5 cents at least, again I'm not a particularly pro demo player! Hope it helps some!

thanks for the post! i kind of knew most of that, but yes we are still working on progression so i guess the 4% sp bonus would be worth it . You make a good point about hagara with looking at what phase is coming first and determining if i use cd's at pull or at first stunned hagara part.

10+ Year Old Account
    On normal weeks, how are you handling gear and reforging when you are switching to your non demo spec? Lately I have been going Destro/Affy since the reforge is a lot closer and I can supplement them with the various OS pieces I have.

I switched to Demo since we actually started to attempt Heroics more often and am really getting irritated with having to reforge 2 times a week.

Deleted
    Posting my two cents (i'm raiding 25 man, i have no clue about 10H difference)
    - 4% spellpower is awesome. If you love your guildies, bring it. Helps dps and healers. And you'll learn to use demo on these fights pretty fast.
    - for zonozz H, nothing special except than keeping doomguard for the end of the fight
    - for hagara H, either use mwc and pop it before she gets vulnerable again, usually right after a storm phase, and hope not to be trapped
    - for blackhorn H, a lil' more haste (and no mwc if you can) than usual makes a difference to me, on the feeling and rythm of the encounter
    - for madness H... i don't know yet, we just had our first pulls yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    On normal weeks, how are you handling gear and reforging when you are switching to your non demo spec? Lately I have been going Destro/Affy since the reforge is a lot closer and I can supplement them with the various OS pieces I have.

I switched to Demo since we actually started to attempt Heroics more often and am really getting irritated with having to reforge 2 times a week.
    Its very annoying but ive been reforging inbetween bosses, and in some cases respeccing.
    Normally i go like this:
    Morchok- Destro (BOH)
    zonozz - Afflic
    Yorsak - Demo
    Hagara - Afflic or Destro
    Ultrax - Demo
    Gunship - Afflic
    Spine - Demo
    Madness - Afflic.

Yes. i hate this tier. Respec/reforge 4 times a raid week just for pve, added on pvping respecing...

Deleted
    Chrispotter is right, respeccing/reforging on each boss is boring. That's why i chose to always be reforged and optimized for the current progression content only.
    And if i play another spec on farmed content (because it's needed, or just to escape boredom) i don't care being suboptimal, because it will die anyway...

Deleted
    I'm going demo for spine with 2800 haste ftw

Quote Originally Posted by Ignominious View Post
    I'm going demo for spine with 2800 haste ftw
    that.... that sir is a mountain of demo haste =)