Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I love the show, but it's starting to get rather old, I always get this way over shows with 4-5+ series.

Super excited for this episode though.
    I'm like that too. The only show I've enjoyed past season 4 is How I Met Your Mother, because lets be honest.... it's the best sitcom on TV right now.

As much as i love BBT, and enjoy it, i hate episodes like this..

Yes we get it, you have the money to advertise the game into a whole episode but dear god..

Ah well, episode was funny in its own way..-WHIP SOUND-

Deleted
    people are still playing swtor? i thought all the realms were underpopulated and people were begging for mergers. id guess it will be f2p within a year, dragon age 2 had better sales retention that swtor.

Please do not pop into a thread solely to bash the game. Clearly there is a large playerbase still playing the game. - Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-03-09 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I'll be honest, my joy faded after I read the full description. It's just another potshot at the MMO community and how they "give up real life to play video games and need rehab to stop."
    Probably nothing. Did anyone else notice that the full title was never mentioned? It was always refereed to as "The Star Wars Game" where as the other popular MMO was mentioned by name?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicari View Post
    Probably nothing. Did anyone else notice that the full title was never mentioned? It was always refereed to as "The Star Wars Game" where as the other popular MMO was mentioned by name?
    From a screen writers stance would you make the characters say the full title? Star Wars The Old Republic is a tad bit more of a mouthful.

I've been a BBT fan since the start, I loved this episode considering they featured SW:ToR tho they became Republic.... and were only level 15. The nice part is that they really used the game tho.

SMALL SPOILER: The part where they wake up you can see them being disconnected from the servers for being afk to long, you see that on the laptops.

Deleted
    WoW was on South Park, SWToR on some lame show noone watches. Go figure.

Deleted
    PEW PEW PEW PEW !!

Loved that moment.. I could almost see the boys facepalming in their minds

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    Except BBT averages 16 million US viewers an episode, SP averages 2-3 million US viewers. If you don't like the show, fine, but stop spreading generalizations that aren't true.

I remember the Age of Conan and WoW troll ERP episodes. Hopefully this one will be just as good. =P

Sheldon and Howard GF's ruined the show, they introduced those feminine characters to attract more female viewers. The show focus always were about the 4 guys and Penny, now there is alot of more lame romance stuff and less Sheldon awkwardness

Uh... You realize that BBT is the most watch Sitcom in the US and has a viewership around 7x that of southpark.... right?

---------- Post added 2012-03-10 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    Sheldon and Howard GF's ruined the show, they introduced those feminine characters to attract more female viewers. The show focus always were about the 4 guys and Penny, now there is alot of more lame romance stuff and less Sheldon awkwardness
    Sadly the innocent ignorance of Bernadett(her not understanding Howards jokes ect) and the awkwardness of Sheldon seem to be waning in some episodes but yet fully there in others, it makes me rather sad. I like Amy a lot though, I feel her presence and her awkwardness allows for them to develop Sheldon with out keeping him completely pigeon holed.
    As for prot... haha losers he dmg needs a nerf with the intercept shield bash wtf silence crit a clothie like a mofo.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Am I the only person on Earth who doesn't like this show?
    I htink it's Meh, I mean it's just a buncha pop-geek BS.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't think it was utilized as well as Age of Conan was or WoW.

They could have used any game, or as Sheldon did listed any Star Wars thing since it was just about the guys playing like they used to before they had girlfriends, where as the AoC episode was about the main female character Penny actually playing it and using it as an escape and the WoW one was about one of the guys getting in trouble for having sex with a troll online.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2012-03-10 at 05:44 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it, but the irony of the whole episode was Raj, yelling about the good old days when nobody had girlfriends. That's when most people say the show was at it's best, just the 4 guys being major geeks! I love the show and my wife and i are planning on my the whole thing on blue ray soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I agree. I really love the first three seasons but now the show is more like another version of friends. It´s just relationship problems week after week.
    Another thing i don´t like about the last two seasons is that the focus went from "we laugh with the geeks" to "we laugh about the geeks".
    It was clever in the beginning but they catered to the mass audience (and succeeded with that when you look at the ratings) but in that the show lost most of what made it special.

By no-one, do you mean an avg of 15M viewers weekly? It's no.1 rated primetime show on Thursdays.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/topic/tv-ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post
    Am I the only person on Earth who doesn't like this show?
    Nah, i'm there with you as well. The show attempts to be smart and funny, but ends up just being awkward and stoic. We get it, stereotypes are fun, but ever try and work some actual humor into it?

Anyways, it will be good for SWTOR and its customer base to have this happen. I'm not sure how many people watch bbt, but it can't do anything but help.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

i love it when shows do this.

This is obviously a publicity stunt, called "product placement" its very common on series and sadly starting to get his way into movies.