Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClarkKentofAzeroth View Post
    you gotta be ultra nerd to watch the show, which I am :P and it just keeps getting better and better leonard nemoy and now this! XD
    My parents watch the show and they aren't nerds. I watch it because it's funny and Penny is damn fine.

Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    WoW was on South Park, SWToR on some lame show noone watches. Go figure.
    They have also had 2 episodes with WoW stuff in it. And the only reason WoW was on South Park is because they like to make fun of everything on that show. Being on a show the BBT gives more of an advertisement for the game.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    This is obviously a publicity stunt, called "product placement" its very common on series and sadly starting to get his way into movies.
    Wait, what do you mean product placement is starting to work its way into movies? It's been commonly used in movies as far back as the late 80s/early 90s. Ever seen Terminator 2? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand that show because the horrid laugh track goes off after every damn word they say.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    This is obviously a publicity stunt, called "product placement" its very common on series and sadly starting to get his way into movies.
    Sir product placement in movies is nothing new. Even in the days of silent movies, before these finagled talkies, you would see the hero smoking a cigarette or holding the pack of cigarettes by X company.

Quote Originally Posted by Starry101 View Post
    Wait, what do you mean product placement is starting to work its way into movies? It's been commonly used in movies as far back as the late 80s/early 90s. Ever seen Terminator 2? :P

Yes this is clearly a new thing, hopefully it doesn't catch on and start to ruin media!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

First AoC, then SWTOR. Can't wait to watch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they've plugged quite a few mmo's on the show (Sheldor of Azeroth). It was just a matter of time before TOR was plugged ..who COULDN'T see that coming hell they have lightsabers for crying out loud ..look above Howards headboard . I'm sure there will be more as it goes on. However it is a cute ass show and targets the right audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW & SWTOR the only mmos to be featured on BBT and others shows, This shows what MMOs are awesome, actually fun with big communities and both WoW & SWTOR are great MMOs and will have lots of success in the future WoW & SWTOR > All Others MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    WoW & SWTOR the only mmos to be featured on BBT and others shows, This shows what MMOs are awesome, actually fun with big communities and both WoW & SWTOR are great MMOs and will have lots of success in the future WoW & SWTOR > All Others MMOs
    Not that being on BBT or not is a make or break momment for a game I am sure it helps some. Btw they did an AOC episode and have brought up Rift and about 100 other games dozens of times.

"Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Was not the best episode, but for some reason it bothered me they used laptops. I never see them as a gaming device, just a lap burning device or perhaps a device used to write comments on forums.

It was cool to see SWTOR on the show, but let's admit it. We all watch the show for Penny.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Was not the best episode, but for some reason it bothered me they used laptops. I never see them as a gaming device, just a lap burning device or perhaps a device used to write comments on forums.
    Some people need to get out of the stone age. Real gaming laptops are absolutely fantastic and run just as good as, or even better than some gaming desktops.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhullu View Post
    I can't stand that show because the horrid laugh track goes off after every damn word they say.
    I watch this show from time to time and I have to agree about the laugh tracks. My wife and I started to watch a UK show on netflix and I just couldn't get past the laugh tracks. Its even more annoying when what happens on the show isn't even funny. Its funny because back in the day I never even thought about them but now they just seem out of place.

Some people need to get out of the stone age. Real gaming laptops are absolutely fantastic and run just as good as, or even better than some gaming desktops.
    Haha that is true.. I am pretty old school about that kind of thing. I am just not a big fan of them in general, and I never game away from home so I don't see the point in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawt View Post
    Nah, i'm there with you as well. The show attempts to be smart and funny, but ends up just being awkward and stoic. We get it, stereotypes are fun, but ever try and work some actual humor into it?

Anyways, it will be good for SWTOR and its customer base to have this happen. I'm not sure how many people watch bbt, but it can't do anything but help.
    Hey if you don't understand the show and the jokes thats cool we get it but you dont have to mock the show.

Traditionally laptops aren't for gaming though. Yes, you can buy laptops that are very good for gaming, but you have to spend double the amount of money when a desktop just as powerful is half the cost.