Poll: Which mount will you choose?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I plan to have both on my main. But Nebula will definitely be the first I get. The spider will be obtained with an alt and then sent over to the mage.

15+ Year Old Account
    pitty i only have 1 char, only started playing again last month ^^ But I'm not too keen on Nebula so on the other hand, nothing to worry aboot ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold the awesomeness of Nebula !!, oh threw in Tindrel as well for balance

Soooooooo those look badass. I've got Rift but I have yet to start. If I start playing today would I be able to hit max level and get the stuff required for the mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Soluger View Post
    Soooooooo those look badass. I've got Rift but I have yet to start. If I start playing today would I be able to hit max level and get the stuff required for the mount?
    You don't need to be max level, level 10 is enough.

Well shit, I'm going to have to play tonight :P . Any idea if I can do it on the Starter Edition? And you can do the thing on alts right; so that you can get the Horse on one and the Spider on another, then send them to one character?

Well shit, I'm going to have to play tonight :P . Any idea if I can do it on the Starter Edition? And you can do the thing on alts right; so that you can get the Horse on one and the Spider on another, then send them to one character?
    I should imagine so to the Starter Edition (not sure about Rift Lite), and yes to the alts bit.

Deleted
    Do you mean Rift lite when you say starter edition? If so then I believe you can get the first dubloon but can't get the second as it's in Shimmersand. And yeah you can do it on alts, simply buy whichever mount then you can mail it over.

Tindrel! Holly hell Tindrel. It is unbelievably awesome looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    Do you mean Rift lite when you say starter edition? If so then I believe you can get the first dubloon but can't get the second as it's in Shimmersand. And yeah you can do it on alts, simply buy whichever mount then you can mail it over.
    Yeah I meant the Rift Lite. I've got the game but if I can get the mounts on the Lite edition I'd like to wait to apply my code from the gamebox until I get some time to really play.

Now I just need to pick a server to play on. Looking at http://www.riftstatus.net/shards/na any of the tops ones would probably be a safe bet?
    Last edited by Soluger; 2012-03-09 at 01:28 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah I meant the Rift Lite. I've got the game but if I can get the mounts on the Lite edition I'd like to wait to apply my code from the gamebox until I get some time to really play.

Now I just need to pick a server to play on. Looking at http://www.riftstatus.net/shards/na any of the tops ones would probably be a safe bet?
    As you wont be able to get to Shimmersand I'd say you can't get the mounts on the Lite edition
    And I play in the EU so not too sure on the NA shards sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damnit aftet the videos i cant decide :P Tindrel reminds me too much of the ashes spindrel, but at the same time its so freaking awesome ;D

Yeah, you probably won't be able to get the mounts on the Rift lite version. As for which shard? Seems Wolfsbane has been jumping in population. Apparently, Wolfsbane is the go-to shard for PVE shards, while Seastone would be for PVP shards. Can't comment on the community for either of those. I was on Wolfsbane last summer and it wasn't too bad.

As an aside, it's nice to see Faeblight dropping in population thanks to Trion opening transfers to every server instead of locking some of them. Maybe it will get the pvpers and pve-ers to move off and let the RPers have their one and only shard back. Still a bad choice to have only 1 RP server for NA, while EU has 3 or 4.

So, Soluger, you would have to do the game code before you could get either mounts. But as others have said, you can get dubloons on alts and then mail the other mount to your main.

Would it be possible to still get both if I start today with a level 10 right now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Would it be possible to still get both if I start today with a level 10 right now?
    Yes, each mount costs 5 tokens each which are called Pyrite Doubloons, you can only get one Doubloon in each weekly Phase.

Not sure if the first Doubllon is still available as this is now week two and Phase 2, but...the good news is that there's 6 phases so even if you missed one week, you can still get five

Now, if you want both mounts this Event, you will have to start a second char, get that char also to level 10 and have both chars do each weekly quest....should be easy to get two new chars both to level 10 before next Wednesday, each new phase begins on Wednesdays

Buy each mount on each char and then mail one of them to your "main"...the Pyrite Doubloons are Bind on Pickup but the mounts are Bind on Account so can be mailed between your chars

If after all that, you still didn't manage to get both mounts, fear not, both mounts will be available again for the next World Event, which will be in about 8 weeks or so

Oh, I just figured the mounts were part of the 1 year thing and would only be available now. I'm looking to actually start playing this as an MMO instead of just a trial thing. So I'll be all geared up for next time :P .

As for doing it at level 10, what do I need to do? I just plated some carnival games in Meridian and ended up with a Pyrite Dubloon.

I'll be getting both for my warrior main (sending one across from my rogue) but I think the nebula one looks best.

Looks like I need to apply the code from the box I have to get to Shimmersand. I can do it at 20 right? Just need help.

Finally got my first mount, three more to do

10+ Year Old Account
    Nebula .. The sounds from Tindrel would drive me nuts, but will get tindrel w/the next world event