10+ Year Old Account

Satellite internet or 4G phone plan?

Well basically I am wondering if I should buy a better package from my satellite or get a 4G phone plan... the only down side to the phone plan is I am maxed at 9Gb and have to pay 2cents per mg after the 9gb is up. Which one would be better? I play wow,sc2, lots of internet usage.
    Thanks

What satellite provider do you have? They usually have a cap because of the Fair Use Policy. Cell phone internet is much better for wow in my experience and games do not use much bandwidth themselves.

4G will give you FAR better response time than satellite. Gaming should be much better PROVIDED the coverage is good in your area and there aren't any congestion issues.

The ping times on satellite are pretty poor due to the length of time it takes the signal to bounce of the satellite and then back to earth. Satellite is horrible for gaming.

4G latency won't be that much better though. It will have higher bandwidth though

On average Satellite will return ping times in excess of 500ms. With 4G you are looking at average times ~200ms (congestion issues permitting). It will be a significant improvement latency wise. Still can't hold a candle to copper though.

Though, I would hate to go back to 3G, it is still better than satellite. I usually got 135-300ms with 3G. I can assume 4G will have a better response time. It does have a lot of lag spikes, though.