Ongoing computer issue. Hardware problem?

Alright so, I bought a few new parts for my desktop computer, including a:
    Intel S1155 i5-2500K 3.3GHz (cpu)
    Intel S1155 GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 (motherboard)
    G.Skill [ RipjawsX ] F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL (RAM)

I already had in my computer:
    GV-R577UD-1GD (video card)
    Antec 350W PSU (power supply)
    Kingston 64gb SSD
    (Can't for the life of me remember my hard drive)

My computer will first of all lose contact with my monitor, whilst I can still hear the sound etc going on in my computer. Then my computer will freeze and I'll have to turn it off with the whole 6 seconds off button thing. Now it wont even fully start it, all the fans will start working etc and the regular beep will happen (sometimes) but the monitor cannot seem to find anything to connect to. It'll then restart itself and try again (sometimes) or just lay there humming along doing nothing.
    Before this happened I tried looking into the problem and found a text saying it was a 0x0000007f issue. I tried each stick of ram and the problem happened on both of them. I'm thinking perhaps I need a new graphics card and or power supply?
    I started getting the issues when I put in the new hardware. I tried reformatting my hard drive but that didn't seem to work either.
    Raaaa!

Deleted
    GV-R577UD-1GD ( Radeon 5770) = Power requirement 450 W. Easy as that And the 64 GB SSD is your hard drive

Buy a new 500W PSU and get hold of another hard drive to install your OS on since budget SSD drives are well-known for fucking up.
    Source: http://www.gigabyte.se/products/prod...px?pid=3283#sp
    Last edited by mmocfd36770ff5; 2012-03-09 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail :<

Quote Originally Posted by Jaux View Post
    And the 64 GB SSD is your hard drive
    Technically it isn't, while it serves the same purpose a Hard Drive refers to a storage media that uses physical platters an SSD doesn't do that. :P

But yes the PSU is likely the problem seeing as it's well below Gigabytes recommended size.

Looking at that right off the bat I can say get a bigger psu, 350w isnt gonna cut it with today's systems. You can get a 600-750w for cheap these days.

Oh wow, how did I miss that? Thanks guys I'll let you know if it works.
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    incase no-ones pointed it out, you appear to have bought an unlocked (k series) processor, but a H67 processor, which isn't able to over clock it

http://www.dcomponline.com.au/produc...asp?proid=7941
    Would this work?

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 05:04 PM ----------

Just put it in, same thing still happening...hmm.

---------- Post added 2012-03-09 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    incase no-ones pointed it out, you appear to have bought an unlocked (k series) processor, but a H67 processor, which isn't able to over clock it
    Yeah don't have it overclocked, but I'll make sure not to do it in the future, thanks. ;P
    Raaaa!