Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Guildwars always was the equivilent of a singleplayer game anyway, it's a CO-RPG, not really an MMORPG. Don't let that stop you though. Go ahead and pick them up and enjoy them. Just don't go in anticipating it'll be a regular MMO like WoW.

    EDIT:
    I mean it's like a singleplayer game in the fact that you can complete it all on your own with NPC henchmen, which is what a lot of people tend to end up doing without the support of a guild or group of friends. There is still plenty of people around, not so much at the random towns/outposts, but at the large cities and trading centres it is packed.

  2. #22
    One has to understand that GW1 has a unified server structure. You can play with anyone playing the game around the world, simply by going to international districts, and with anyone in your region by default.

    So the "world emptying out" problem doesn't hit GW1 nearly as badly as traditional MMOs that span many non-interconnected servers.

  3. #23
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    I got the game a little less then a year ago and it's great!! Sooooooooooo much better then wow IMO, it actually takes skill to beat stuff!! Some of the outposts are pretty empty, but for the most part there's a good amount of people still playing! And Ive be seeing more people playing now then when I started so finding group for stuff hasn't been that bad... Except urgoz can't find a group to go in there to save my life....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Rhywolver's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,118
    Tried the Trial last Sunday, it has a 14 days and a total of 10 hours limit.
    Bought the trilogy one day later on Steam.

    I really like it, it feels fresh and new if you have played WoW for years, but it's really more a single player game (at least that's how I play it).
    Sing like no one ist listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

  5. #25
    I looked at GW when it came out and didn't think much of it. Might have been the guy that was playing it, but it looked less MMO, and more Unreal Tournament with spells...

    I think I'm just going to save my excitement for GW2 tbh, rather than playing an old game that's not going to show the game at it's best.

  6. #26
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    The game is also very grindy.
    Only if you care about titles otherwise there is no grind at all.

  7. #27
    Definitely get it. As long as you get inside a decent size guild/alliance this game is still very social and fun. The lore and story are great and getting 30/50 doesn't take that long.

  8. #28
    well now a days game pop isnt the best, overall GW is an amazing game been playing since the release. If intereted in GW2 i would say yes buy it play it for now an wait for gw2.

  9. #29
    It's good also because it will make your waiting for GW2 much more managable

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  10. #30
    Mechagnome Mkalafut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    683
    I've owned Guild Wars since release day. After quitting WoW around a year ago I made Guild Wars my main game (usually just played it every now and then) and I couldn't be happier with my choice. A few of my WoW friends also bought the trilogy recently (Get the Complete Collection from Gamestop! - 30$ and it ships next day) and all but one of them said it was a great choice and they couldn't be happier with their new game.

    The game is still very lively today, I'd know I play ~5 hours a day minimum. Find a good guild (My Guild Wars 1 guild is always taking in members especially people new to the game) to get Hall of Monument upgrades, vanquish hard mode content, and if you can (which mine does) speed clear to make quick cash and get Hall of Monument statues.

    Long story short, buy it. It still has a very active community and helpful community and if you need a guild they're pretty easy to find. Feel free to check my post and website in the "Guild Wars 2 Guild Recruitment" thread.

    Hope this helps!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 04:34 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Balfire View Post
    Definitely get it. As long as you get inside a decent size guild/alliance this game is still very social and fun. The lore and story are great and getting 30/50 doesn't take that long.
    ^---he's in my guild xD he can definitely tell you how easy it is to get 30/50 with some help :]

  11. #31
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I've owned Guild Wars since release day. After quitting WoW around a year ago I made Guild Wars my main game (usually just played it every now and then) and I couldn't be happier with my choice. A few of my WoW friends also bought the trilogy recently (Get the Complete Collection from Gamestop! - 30$ and it ships next day) and all but one of them said it was a great choice and they couldn't be happier with their new game.

    The game is still very lively today, I'd know I play ~5 hours a day minimum. Find a good guild (My Guild Wars 1 guild is always taking in members especially people new to the game) to get Hall of Monument upgrades, vanquish hard mode content, and if you can (which mine does) speed clear to make quick cash and get Hall of Monument statues.

    Long story short, buy it. It still has a very active community and helpful community and if you need a guild they're pretty easy to find. Feel free to check my post and website in the "Guild Wars 2 Guild Recruitment" thread.

    Hope this helps!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 04:34 PM ----------



    ^---he's in my guild xD he can definitely tell you how easy it is to get 30/50 with some help :]
    Does your guild do any non speed clears of things like Urgoz and DoA and UW? Cause my guild only seems to want to speed clear it where I want to do it classic style lol
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  12. #32
    if you're doing it for the HoM, don't, you're so far behind you won't get most and GW is nothing like GW2 so you won't learn anything useful

    just read the books and learn about the lore. the game itself is nothing like wow and most of it won't make sense before gw2 comes out

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    if you're doing it for the HoM, don't, you're so far behind you won't get most and GW is nothing like GW2 so you won't learn anything useful
    Pretty sure somebody here said he got to 30 HoM in a month and GW2 is definitelly not coming in a month so dunno. Also you can earn more HoM even after GW2 releases. As for how similar different GW1 and GW2 are ... there will be a lot of new stuff, but there will be similarities as well. It's GW2, not a new MMO.

    My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

  14. #34
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In your closet!
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    I've owned Guild Wars since release day. After quitting WoW around a year ago I made Guild Wars my main game (usually just played it every now and then) and I couldn't be happier with my choice. A few of my WoW friends also bought the trilogy recently (Get the Complete Collection from Gamestop! - 30$ and it ships next day) and all but one of them said it was a great choice and they couldn't be happier with their new game.

    The game is still very lively today, I'd know I play ~5 hours a day minimum. Find a good guild (My Guild Wars 1 guild is always taking in members especially people new to the game) to get Hall of Monument upgrades, vanquish hard mode content, and if you can (which mine does) speed clear to make quick cash and get Hall of Monument statues.

    Long story short, buy it. It still has a very active community and helpful community and if you need a guild they're pretty easy to find. Feel free to check my post and website in the "Guild Wars 2 Guild Recruitment" thread.

    Hope this helps!

    ---------- Post added 2012-03-16 at 04:34 PM ----------



    ^---he's in my guild xD he can definitely tell you how easy it is to get 30/50 with some help :]
    hi,

    I just started playing GW1 (couldn't stand the wait for gw2), and can i get your ingame name or something so i can join your guild?
    I really like to meet active GW players, which who i can hang out with the next few months

    give me a pm or something if you'd like

  15. #35

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •