Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

  2. #2
    Immortal prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    7,077
    Third try is the charm, finally posted in the right forum. And since you didn't really give us anything to discuss I'll take care of that ole chap.

    Who wants to watch underworld without leather wrapped kate beckinsale. No thank you.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Who wants to watch underworld without leather wrapped kate beckinsale. No thank you.
    According to The Hollywood Reporter, Beckinsale is set to reprise her role as the badass vampire Selene,
    Problem solved!

  4. #4
    I find that series entertaining. It's by no means an Interstellar or Mad Max, but I thoroughly enjoy myself when I watch Underworld.

    Kate Beckinsale probably has a lot to do with it, but I also enjoy their take on Vampires/Werewolves.

  5. #5
    The Lightbringer Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    3,214
    Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?


    Retired | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?
    you missed lycan lore

  7. #7
    has to have beckinsale!
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    The short answer is nope, the long answer is noooooooooooooooope.

  8. #8
    Immortal prwraith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    the stars
    Posts
    7,077
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?
    Some of the sequels were actually pretty solid. Especially rise of the lycans

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Third try is the charm, finally posted in the right forum. And since you didn't really give us anything to discuss I'll take care of that ole chap.

    Who wants to watch underworld without leather wrapped kate beckinsale. No thank you.
    I actually would, not that she's not beautiful but I enjoy the lore and the history of the Underworld series too much to want the series to devolve to a Selene and the Vamps schtick. I thought that adding India Eisley as her daughter was a good way to pass the torch since Selene's backstory is so intertwined with characters that they killed off in the first two movies, a fresh perspective while still being a part of the Underworld saga would be a good thing.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed it's time. We all have laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!
    —The King in Yellow: Act I, Scene 2

  10. #10
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Does it need a 5th installment? I saw the first one and second one. Skipped the third, and didn't know it had a fourth. What did I miss?
    The third one was actually neat.

    I'll probably end up watching this one eventually. If nothing else then because of Kate Beckinsale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  11. #11
    The series is dumb, but entertaining. Plus Kate Beckinsale in tight leather is certainly a draw as well.

  12. #12
    Dreadlord Ayirasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    756
    Heck, I'll likely watch it. This series is a guilty pleasure for me, like Resident Evil. I don't mind crap, so long as it's entertaining crap. Werewolves are awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The third one was actually neat.

    I'll probably end up watching this one eventually. If nothing else then because of Kate Beckinsale.
    Word, Rise of the Lycans is probably my favorite in the series. Heheh, Nighy and Sheen just being awesome, chewing up scenery. =3

    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  13. #13
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    12,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Heck, I'll likely watch it. This series is a guilty pleasure for me, like Resident Evil. I don't mind crap, so long as it's entertaining crap. Werewolves are awesome.



    Word, Rise of the Lycans is probably my favorite in the series. Heheh, Nighy and Sheen just being awesome, chewing up scenery. =3
    Whatever quality these movies might be, the backstory is surprisingly solid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  14. #14
    Kate. That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Kharanos, Dun Morogh
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Kate. That is all.
    Pretty much this.

    In fact, the entire movie could be nothing but Kate Beckinsale dancing around in a tight leather outfit, and I'd be perfectly fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    "there are people with dildo's older than you, your opinions do not matter."

  16. #16

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Ayirasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    CA, USA
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Whatever quality these movies might be, the backstory is surprisingly solid.
    Yeah, I quite enjoyed the lore setups in Rise and the first few minutes of Evolution (revisit more of that medieval goodness, please), and the teases of the aftermath for the purge in Awakening. I would like to see this purge. Things just started to get dodgy when they toyed around with hybrids and super serum lycans.

    Hmm, I may have to do an Underworld BD marathon later, if time permits. >.> <.< >.>

    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Pretty much this.

    In fact, the entire movie could be nothing but Kate Beckinsale dancing around in a tight leather outfit, and I'd be perfectly fine with it.
    We should start a Kickstarter for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  19. #19
    Brewmaster Darth Belichick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    1,476
    While I enjoyed the movies and will probably see the newest one, I still think they went too much the Resident Evil way where they focused too much on the main character, and not enough about the actual universe and the story around it. Kate's character is cool, but not deep enough to carry an entire movie.

    I feel like if they had really pieced together all the elements of the story it had a cool enough back ground to do some really cool things. Unfortunately I felt they got too much away from it, especially the newest one with the ridiculous werewolf thing at the end.

    Hopefully, they find it again in the newest one. The first one was awesome in that it was more about the story than just Kate's character.
    Playing SW:TOR again. Come and play with 12x XP until October 19th! Give it a try and get 7 days of subscription access and other unlockables free: http://www.swtor.com/r/JRHJkx

  20. #20
    Pit Lord Summerdrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Four Winds
    Posts
    2,483
    There has been 2-4? Must have been pretty bad cuz I have not heard of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    It's kinda not unexpected for authoritarian regimes to be ousted by the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    *cough* *cough* EU & USA recognized Yanukovich's election as democratic.
    I guess voting is "authoritan" and molotov cocktails is "democracy"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •