1. #261
    Herald of the Titans MrHappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,564
    what if Ichigo's full-bringer powers were able to control a Quincy power's
    www.cherishyourit.ca MCTS - Win 7, MCTS - AD, A+, Security+

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    what if Ichigo's full-bringer powers were able to control a Quincy power's
    Nope. He has his powers because of his mother, she's a Quincy he was able to get these powers because of the prison he was in, the one that Quincy put Ichigo in. If you read the lastest episode Juha Bach explains it pretty well.

  3. #263
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Quincy Timekeeper? That is?

    I might agree that Haschwald might be higher in rank than Juha, somehow, it's hard to figure it out to be honest, I still haven't, I need to read this episode again.
    Quincy Timekeeper is me being flippant . It seems that the Quincy are only able to stay in Seireitei for a certain amount of time, so it's possible that Haschwald, while still lower rank that Juha, could just be the guy in charge of keeping an eye on that clock, hence, Quincy Timekeeper . I'm hoping that this isn't the case though, and Hashwald turns out to be a mack, as judging by how easily he slicing Zangetsu in half, he CLEARLY has mad powah .

    and sorry... but Byakuya is dead :'( we saw Senbonzakura disintegrate, which can only be a sign of his passing.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Quincy Timekeeper is me being flippant . It seems that the Quincy are only able to stay in Seireitei for a certain amount of time, so it's possible that Haschwald, while still lower rank that Juha, could just be the guy in charge of keeping an eye on that clock, hence, Quincy Timekeeper . I'm hoping that this isn't the case though, and Hashwald turns out to be a mack, as judging by how easily he slicing Zangetsu in half, he CLEARLY has mad powah .

    and sorry... but Byakuya is dead :'( we saw Senbonzakura disintegrate, which can only be a sign of his passing.
    Oh, I get it but I kinda doubt it. What about Uryu when he was in SS? He spent quite a lot of time there...

    Meh, it's okay, I guess it's inevitable.

  5. #265
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,480
    I think the time limit is specific to Vandenreich, I'm guessing it's a limitation to balance out their redonkadonk power. Ishida wasn't affected by this because a) he's not Vandenreich, so he just uses standard Quincy abilities and b) he's weaksauce.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  6. #266
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Does Haschwald look like he's related to Ichigo to anyone else or is that just me.

    Also if I'm right and Juha Bach was Yamamoto's son, that means if Isshin is Juha Bach's son or his brother or Juha Bach is actually Ichigo's dad, Yamamoto is Ichigo's grandaddy or Great Grandaddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  7. #267
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    So according to the spoilers............


    ......Aizen's the one who killed Kirge..
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  8. #268
    "Hello I'm Ichigo, a hollow soulreaper quincy fullbringer that got to be god for a day. Nice to meet you."
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

  9. #269
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by kynthrus View Post
    "Hello I'm Ichigo, a hollow soulreaper quincy fullbringer that got to be god for a day. Nice to meet you."
    He's actually, racially, only Human and Quincy.

    He has Shinigami/Hollow and Fullbringer powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  10. #270
    Seems one of those messenger guys report that Byakuya and Kenpachi are alive, but won;t be fighting for a looooooooooooooooooong time.

  11. #271
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,480
    So Byakuya and Zaraki are still alive, but for all intents and purposes out of the show, fair enough, Shunsui is still alive yay! (and now has an eyepatch, making him 50% more awesome) Soi Fon is a toolbag (as if we needed reminding), and Unohana has been ordered to stay out of the fight (possibly because Yama-ji KNEW he would die and wanted her to stay out so she could be in charge after the dust settles).

    Overall a very good 'set up' episode, almost everyone survived, but the 'usual suspects' are basically out of commision. This allows for some people we've not seen as much of to get some of the limelight in this final arc, fingers crossed for Shunsui and Ukitake's Bankai, a proper fight with Urahara and seeing Unohana lose her shit and unleash hell.

    the real question is.... was the 'something more serious' that he's shouldering his Quincy Heritage, or something more serious?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  12. #272
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    So according to the spoilers............
    ......Aizen's the one who killed Kirge..
    Who's Kirge?
    ------------------------------------------------------------

    Okay, my thoughts then I'll respond to the posts.

    Overall I loved this chapter, there might not have been fights and stuff but I think it was a good chapter.

    I especially loved that it started with Unohana and Isane and how they are facing everything that happened. We know that Captain Unohana was one of the captains that has been a captain for so long and she didn't break the rule of going to battle, this just shows how awesome or how amazing she is.

    Rukia and Rinji seem to be fine considering what happened to them.

    Ichigo still feels bad because he thinks he didn't save people, when what he did actually saved a lot, like Hirako said.

    And finally, a mention of Captain Kurotsuchi.... I'm still wondering what he has been doing all this time. -___________-''

    Every captain is hurt because of the Captain Commander died, apparently Soi Foi and Kuroma and the ones that, appear, to be the ones that are most affected by it, although I'm sure everyone is, almost, equally affected by what happened. I was just surprised by what Kyouraku said, this has shown that he can control himself and he has a lot of respect for Yama ji.

    Okay, this part, is the biggest disappointment.

    I know I said that I didn't want Byakuya die, Karachi I didn't really care because I knew he wouldn't die, but Byakuya? He should have died... I won't be able to look at him if he won't be a Captain, if he can't be a captain, it's..it's just sad.

    So, I don't know but I think that, orevall, this chapter was pretty nice. I think next chapter we should see the Ishidas' or equally important, probably Captain Kurotsuchi? I don't know, but I think SS has been on "air" for some time now, I want t know what's happening in other places like Hueco Mundo and with the Ishidas' etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    So Byakuya and Zaraki are still alive, but for all intents and purposes out of the show, fair enough, Shunsui is still alive yay! (and now has an eyepatch, making him 50% more awesome) Soi Fon is a toolbag (as if we needed reminding), and Unohana has been ordered to stay out of the fight (possibly because Yama-ji KNEW he would die and wanted her to stay out so she could be in charge after the dust settles).
    Yeah, I'm glad that Shunsui is alive! And he looks pretty badass with that eyepatch! And, yes, it's possible that Yama Ji knew he would die, after all, he knew Juha Bacha better than anyone else, but even so... I think he didn't expect it to be like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Overall a very good 'set up' episode, almost everyone survived, but the 'usual suspects' are basically out of commision. This allows for some people we've not seen as much of to get some of the limelight in this final arc, fingers crossed for Shunsui and Ukitake's Bankai, a proper fight with Urahara and seeing Unohana lose her shit and unleash hell.
    Yes, please, I want Kisuke to have an epic fight like he had in that Arc with their clones!
    And I want to see Unohana see... I am still curious on how she fights since she's a medic... I wouldn't admire if she was super powerful in all aspects, like Aizen, I know this might not be a good comparison but I wouldn't admire myself if she would be this powerful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    the real question is.... was the 'something more serious' that he's shouldering his Quincy Heritage, or something more serious?
    Probably. I still think he has that "son of the darkness" whole thing in his head because of Juha, also because of Byakuya, and as far as I know, Ichigo doesn't know that Byakuya, or Zaraki, are alive. Right now, I can't see what else it could be, maybe it's something he experienced while in the cage, we still don't know what happened in there, not exactly, so who knows.

  13. #273
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Who's Kirge?
    Kirge is the Quincy who had imprisoned Ichigo and merced Urahara from out of no where in Hueco Muendo.

    The spoilers I read though were false I guess.

    Regardless, nice to see Gotei 13's heads are still high.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  14. #274
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Kirge is the Quincy who had imprisoned Ichigo and merced Urahara from out of no where in Hueco Muendo.

    The spoilers I read though were false I guess.

    Regardless, nice to see Gotei 13's heads are still high.
    Ah. Doesn't make much sense if Aizen did that... Isn't he imprisoned?

  15. #275
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Ah. Doesn't make much sense if Aizen did that... Isn't he imprisoned?
    Yeah.

    Hence why when I read the spoilers my jaw dropped, my eye twitched in anger, and I screamed "WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK".
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  16. #276
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yeah, I'm glad that Shunsui is alive! And he looks pretty badass with that eyepatch! And, yes, it's possible that Yama Ji knew he would die, after all, he knew Juha Bacha better than anyone else, but even so... I think he didn't expect it to be like that.
    Shunsui definatly gets a +100 to his swag with that eyepatch Somehow I think they're setting him up to be the next Commander, the way he handles Soi Fon's little outburst.

    If they ARE doing that, then I hope we get an Epic showdown with that Gunfighter guy that gave him such a smackdown before. IF I'm right in that Kurotsuchi was spending all this time thinking of a counter to their Bankai stealing technique, so that they're free to use their full power in the next round.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Yes, please, I want Kisuke to have an epic fight like he had in that Arc with their clones!
    And I want to see Unohana see... I am still curious on how she fights since she's a medic... I wouldn't admire if she was super powerful in all aspects, like Aizen, I know this might not be a good comparison but I wouldn't admire myself if she would be this powerful.
    Aye true, we still need to see Kisuke's Bankai, you just KNOW it's going to be boss .

    As for Unohana, we know next to nothing about her, except for the fact her Kendo skills are supposedly the best in all of Seireitei, even better than Yama-ji... so... yeah, NEED to see that .

    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Probably. I still think he has that "son of the darkness" whole thing in his head because of Juha, also because of Byakuya, and as far as I know, Ichigo doesn't know that Byakuya, or Zaraki, are alive. Right now, I can't see what else it could be, maybe it's something he experienced while in the cage, we still don't know what happened in there, not exactly, so who knows.
    Sadly it IS probably just the Son of Darkness thing, but still I kinda want it to be something crazy epic that happened inside the cage, maybe a full hollow transformation or something. Sadly I think we've seen the last of Ichigo's Hollow powers, as has been pointed out a few times, we've not seen him use them since he got his powers back at the end of the Fullbring arc. It's a very real possibility that with Aizen down and the Arrancar out of commision they're just going to get rid of the Hollow side and instead focus on his "new" Quincy powers.

    Also... As boss as he is, I kinda wish Byakuya had died, it was a fairly powerful exit and I feel it cheapens it slightly to tag on a 'He's not dead don't worry! but he just wont be back...'
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Shunsui definatly gets a +100 to his swag with that eyepatch Somehow I think they're setting him up to be the next Commander, the way he handles Soi Fon's little outburst.

    If they ARE doing that, then I hope we get an Epic showdown with that Gunfighter guy that gave him such a smackdown before. IF I'm right in that Kurotsuchi was spending all this time thinking of a counter to their Bankai stealing technique, so that they're free to use their full power in the next round.
    Yeah. I wouldn't admire if Sunshui became the captain now. It's not that Ukitake isn't a viable option but I think he would decline it because of his health issues.

    I also loved if he found a way to counter that, but I wouldn't admire myself if Kurotsuchi has found a way to do that since he hasn't appeared yet, though I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Aye true, we still need to see Kisuke's Bankai, you just KNOW it's going to be boss .

    As for Unohana, we know next to nothing about her, except for the fact her Kendo skills are supposedly the best in all of Seireitei, even better than Yama-ji... so... yeah, NEED to see that .
    Oh yes. I hope Kisuke's bankai is boss!

    yeah, about her Kido, I'd love to see some amazing Kido fights. We already saw some, the most notable and the one that I can remember right now is the one that was a flashback when Hirako and his friends were turning into Hollows, I don't know if you remember that but it's the Past Arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Sadly it IS probably just the Son of Darkness thing, but still I kinda want it to be something crazy epic that happened inside the cage, maybe a full hollow transformation or something. Sadly I think we've seen the last of Ichigo's Hollow powers, as has been pointed out a few times, we've not seen him use them since he got his powers back at the end of the Fullbring arc. It's a very real possibility that with Aizen down and the Arrancar out of commision they're just going to get rid of the Hollow side and instead focus on his "new" Quincy powers.

    Also... As boss as he is, I kinda wish Byakuya had died, it was a fairly powerful exit and I feel it cheapens it slightly to tag on a 'He's not dead don't worry! but he just wont be back...'
    Yeah, I too am starting to think that Ichigo's Hollow powers went down the toilet. But I wouldn't admire myself if he got them back, somehow... <.<

    About the Hollows, I don't see SS killing all of them, I highly doubt it, it's not that they can't do that, they can, but the Hollow have more numbers than Sereitei and humans can still transform into Hollows after dying, so yeah, getting rid of hollows doesn't seem like it'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Also... As boss as he is, I kinda wish Byakuya had died, it was a fairly powerful exit and I feel it cheapens it slightly to tag on a 'He's not dead don't worry! but he just wont be back...'
    Yeah.. I too think it would have been best if he just died... Meh. :<

  18. #278
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    On another note..........Will we ever see Kenpachi's Bankai before the manga ends? I sure do hope so since he's one of my 2 favorite captains.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    On another note..........Will we ever see Kenpachi's Bankai before the manga ends? I sure do hope so since he's one of my 2 favorite captains.
    I don't know, but to be honest, I doubt it more than ever. Why? Because it was stated that he and Byakuya wouldn't be able to be captains again, meaning that they lost their power.

    But I doubt that's going to stop Zaraki from getting stronger. Also, another reason, he doesn't even know his zanpakutou's name, so bankaing is like impossible for him.

  20. #280
    Bloodsail Admiral Supajayare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Some place
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know, but to be honest, I doubt it more than ever. Why? Because it was stated that he and Byakuya wouldn't be able to be captains again, meaning that they lost their power.

    But I doubt that's going to stop Zaraki from getting stronger. Also, another reason, he doesn't even know his zanpakutou's name, so bankaing is like impossible for him.
    I know all of that, but in response to your 2nd point...if you think back to the Soul Society arc after Ichigo beat Kenpachi that he was willing to learn his Zanpaktou's name if it means that he'll get that much stronger. At that point in the manga, it seemed like the writer was trying to give the impression to the reader that Zaraki was going to train to learn his Zanpaktou's name and hasn't touched up on it since then.
    Last edited by Supajayare; 2012-11-07 at 11:51 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •