1. #421
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    622
    The ... thin lady doesn't really mention any names. Just "Last time" Very open to interpretation. Can have been against Uruhara, can have been against Kurostsuchi.

    As for the "strongest captains" I'd agree with the three mentioned. Most of the other captains seem to defeer to two of them, and almost everyone seem's scared/vary if Unohana.

  2. #422
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I don't know if she meant that Kisuke was/is better, or was better at that time, than Kurostsuchi.

    What I understood, clearly, is that his lab sucks and she mocked him for that. I loved his face, hehe..
    Hmm, that's the same scan I read (different site though, I used Manga Panda, but tbh I get the feeling it's all the same people) tbh it is very ambiguous, but I get the feeling that's kinda what she was going for... Either way, she was mocking Kurotsuchi, which im okay with , he's a creepy frakker.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Hmm, that's the same scan I read (different site though, I used Manga Panda, but tbh I get the feeling it's all the same people) tbh it is very ambiguous, but I get the feeling that's kinda what she was going for... Either way, she was mocking Kurotsuchi, which im okay with , he's a creepy frakker.
    I don't know, I just read in that site because the image's quality is better than the one I was using to read it, I never really thought of the translation. xD

    About Kurotsuchi, I love him because he's different from all the other captains, same thing for Kisuke, he's even more weird! I love it.


    Also, you got 3333 posts.

  4. #424
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,117
    Fair enough really, the images on Manga Panda are pretty bad, might swap to Manga Reader.

    Kisuke is much cooler though , Kurotsuchi always puts me in mind of people like Dr Mengele, he would be MORE than happy to do horrible shit to pretty much anyone, if it furthered his "Science". Kisuke is more like.... Q from James bond he always has something in his backpocket, but he wouldn't sacrifice people to get what he needed.

    and oh yeah so I..... D'oh!
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  5. #425
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,089
    So the Mangastream translation is out..

    A lot more tension is present between the Zero Division and Gotei than it seemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  6. #426
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    How am I delusional?

    Lol...

    He meant the top 3 Shinigami, we answered, if you can't grasp that, then you're the "delusional" one, I got nothing else to say. Sorry.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 02:40 PM ----------


    I don't know if she meant that Kisuke was/is better, or was better at that time, than Kurostsuchi.

    What I understood, clearly, is that his lab sucks and she mocked him for that. I loved his face, hehe.

    I read Bleach on this site, and Naruto too.

    This is the part where they start talking.

    ]
    First pretty sure that link violates more than a few rules.

    Second manga panda is basically a way for mangareader to still operate without issues. For awhile manga reader had blocked the US from seeing certain series.

    Thus why alot of us use batoto or panda.

  7. #427
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,117
    That would explain why both Mangareader and Manga Panda have the same godawful rip of Welcome to the NHK and why despite my numerous emails neither has fixed the many many problems

    but none of that matters, because Batoto (which I'd not heard of before) has the full series! /highfive Sorrior

    *token bleach reference* So do we think Squad 0 will fix Zangetsu?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  8. #428
    I hope so, Gallahadd. I have no idea how they are going to fix a broken bankai, to be 100%. Tbh, I don't even know how they are going to restore the two Kuchiki and Renji. <.>

  9. #429
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,081
    Well, they are the 'teachers' and will probably have some special powers ofcourse. So i guess they have a method in their own lab.
    Maybe it's the Spirit King that will heal them up. Maybe he will kill them and drop them in the bankai to repair it and make it stronger.

    But i guess, seeing how that 'elvis' hair guy said to Unohana that she didn't use her spells correctly, that he has a stronger/better/more versions has that will heal them up.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  10. #430
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    But i guess, seeing how that 'elvis' hair guy said to Unohana that she didn't use her spells correctly, that he has a stronger/better/more versions has that will heal them up.
    That's incorrect. Unohana did everything she could to heal them.

    What that the elvis guy is going to do isn't healing, according to Unohana.

    So I guess anything, on how they are going to be restored/healed/etc is still a mystery and could be anything, really.

  11. #431
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's incorrect. Unohana did everything she could to heal them.

    What that the elvis guy is going to do isn't healing, according to Unohana.

    So I guess anything, on how they are going to be restored/healed/etc is still a mystery and could be anything, really.
    Off topic: You change your avatar a lot! Ahahahaha.

    On topic: The Zero Squad, in "Spirits Are Forever with You", aka the Novel released when the final arc started, says that the Zero Squad and Gotei are on literally 2 different spectrums of power.

    The only other time Zero Squad had to be called in for something huge was against the 8th Generation Kenpachi, who almost destroyed most of Soul Society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  12. #432
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,117
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    The only other time Zero Squad had to be called in for something huge was against the 8th Generation Kenpachi, who almost destroyed most of Soul Society.
    lolwut? Want to read about that one please , I kinda hope that once this arc is over, Ichigo's story finishes, but Bleach doesn't. There's SO much left to find out about, I'd really like them to make a spinoff series set in for example, the original Quincy War, or whatever Era the 8th Kenpachi is from.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  13. #433
    Hm... I am interested in having more.

    There's a lot of stuff that happened before Ichigo, and more will happen after Ichigo, but I'm just not sure if it would be good, bad, meh, etc, so I'm not sure.

  14. #434
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,117
    See the thing I was thinking... the MAIN problem with Bleach, the main reason I see people saying they don't like it is because of the fairly sterootypical shonen nature of progression. Ichigo fights badguy, Ichigo gets pwnd, Ichigo goes away and trains/descovers a new power, Ichigo comes back with more training/a new power and beats badguy, new badguy appears, repeat.

    At it's heart, that is the pattern EVERY arc in Bleach has followed and while the journey has been fun, it's more than a little predictable. The cool thing about doing a new arc, NOT focused on a single character, but on the history as a whole is you remove that element and can focus more on overall story and hopefully break that cycle.
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  15. #435
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    See the thing I was thinking... the MAIN problem with Bleach, the main reason I see people saying they don't like it is because of the fairly sterootypical shonen nature of progression. Ichigo fights badguy, Ichigo gets pwnd, Ichigo goes away and trains/descovers a new power, Ichigo comes back with more training/a new power and beats badguy, new badguy appears, repeat.

    At it's heart, that is the pattern EVERY arc in Bleach has followed and while the journey has been fun, it's more than a little predictable. The cool thing about doing a new arc, NOT focused on a single character, but on the history as a whole is you remove that element and can focus more on overall story and hopefully break that cycle.
    Eh, that is in so many anime's / manga's.

    But even now it is the same deal. Yes the story might be more 'split' over multiple characters, but in the end they will all come back and have some kind of new power (or in some cases, a unseen bankai) and a way to counter bankai stealing stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  16. #436
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    lolwut? Want to read about that one please , I kinda hope that once this arc is over, Ichigo's story finishes, but Bleach doesn't. There's SO much left to find out about, I'd really like them to make a spinoff series set in for example, the original Quincy War, or whatever Era the 8th Kenpachi is from.
    The first part of the arc is over. There's supposed to be 3-4.

    Yeah, the novel explains a lot though during the timeskip, and also the past of Soul Society.

    Apparently the inheritors of Squad 11/13 are always named Kenpachi. It's like their title.

    It's also because the power of the Kenpachi Squad has always been terrible and monsterous.

    The Kenpachi Zaraki killed, aka the Captain before him, had a Bankai he could only use every 6 months. It was basically like a nuke, and a much cooler one than Soi Fons.

    The thing was he had used it, and it hadn't been 6 months, so when Zaraki came, the former Kenpachi got stomped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  17. #437
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,141
    I love the show, but wtf xD I thought Kenpachi was just his name, is it a title then?

  18. #438
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I love the show, but wtf xD I thought Kenpachi was just his name, is it a title then?
    It's the tittle given to a person that has never lost a fight, iirc.

  19. #439
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    It's the tittle given to a person that has never lost a fight, iirc.
    It's the title given to the captain of squad 11. They're the offensive force division, and the strongest animal of them all is "The Kenpachi", or rather Captain. They're a squad of monsters, and thus given a title to match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Transorcers, Warlords in disguise.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  20. #440
    The Lightbringer UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I love the show, but wtf xD I thought Kenpachi was just his name, is it a title then?
    iirc, Kenpachi is given to those who have killed the most people with their blade. Something like that.
    But in Bleach, it's also a title exclusive to the 11th Division.

    Rarely updated...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •