Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I don't think he just happened to awaken the blut power. All quincy abilities require full control over ones reiryoku so i think he did it knowing exactly what he did. But then the question is were did he have time to learn that in such small period of time? Also, a crazy thought, we don't know who Uryū Ishida's mother is either :P could there be a connection there?
    When Ichigo learned Final Getsuga Tenshou he was in the Precipice World, if you remember what was said back then, when someone is in the Precipice World, time "flies" faster, meaning that the time in there is like 1000x faster than the time on Soul Society and in the human world, that's how Ichigo managed to learn Final Getsuga Tenshou.

And, when Ichigo was imprisoned, he was in the Precipice World, so he had plenty of time to learn Blut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    When Ichigo learned Final Getsuga Tenshou he was in the Precipice World, if you remember what was said back then, when someone is in the Precipice World, time "flies" faster, meaning that the time in there is like 1000x faster than the time on Soul Society and in the human world, that's how Ichigo managed to learn Final Getsuga Tenshou.

And, when Ichigo was imprisoned, he was in the Precipice World, so he had plenty of time to learn Blut.
    Indeed, then it's just down to the person who taught him. Maybe it was the same person who rescued him from the prission (assuming he didn't break out himself.)

Indeed, then it's just down to the person who taught him. Maybe it was the same person who rescued him from the prission (assuming he didn't break out himself.)
    And if it's the person who saved him, they're a Quincy, and it's not Grimmjow..

Unless Grimmjow got recruited by the Vandenreich and broke free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    And if it's the person who saved him, they're a Quincy, and it's not Grimmjow..

Unless Grimmjow got recruited by the Vandenreich and broke free.
    Not sure Grimmjow would be able to break the cage considering he is not all that strong (weaker than ichigo) and he is quite the meat head.

Not sure Grimmjow would be able to break the cage considering he is not all that strong (weaker than ichigo) and he is quite the meat head.
    Kubo said he's still alive and he'll reintroduce him if it's in the right context.

And, dude, in the 18 month timeskip, plus all this time, ya don't think after getting his ass beat TWICE Grimmjow would train to get stronger?

We have no idea how strong he is now.

Deleted
    Kubo said he's still alive and he'll reintroduce him if it's in the right context.

And, dude, in the 18 month timeskip, plus all this time, ya don't think after getting his ass beat TWICE Grimmjow would train to get stronger?

We have no idea how strong he is now.
    True, that is true indeed, but I doubt he would have anything to do with Ichigo getting Blut, but I wouldn't admire if he managed to break Ichigo free.

Also, let's not forget that the person who freed Ichigo is probably the same person who saves Urahara, probably, then Urahara opened a garganta, again, for that person to save Ichigo from the prison, whether it's Grimmjow or not, I don't know, it's possible, but who ever taught Ichigo Blut, wasn't Grimmjow for sure, I'm going to bed on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    True, that is true indeed, but I doubt he would have anything to do with Ichigo getting Blut, but I wouldn't admire if he managed to break Ichigo free.

Also, let's not forget that the person who freed Ichigo is probably the same person who saves Urahara, probably, then Urahara opened a garganta, again, for that person to save Ichigo from the prison, whether it's Grimmjow or not, I don't know, it's possible, but who ever taught Ichigo Blut, wasn't Grimmjow for sure, I'm going to bed on that.
    Exactly.

The only explanations:

Ichigo actually learned Blut after regaining his Shinigami powers.

Whoever saved him from the Cage helped him learn it.

Ichigo unlocked the ability along with other hidden away abilities while in the cage and that's how he broke out.

Deleted
    Exactly.

The only explanations:

Ichigo actually learned Blut after regaining his Shinigami powers.

Whoever saved him from the Cage helped him learn it.

Ichigo unlocked the ability along with other hidden away abilities while in the cage and that's how he broke out.
    Lol, I just noticed I typed "bed" instead of "bet". <.>

I doubt he learned his Quincy/Blut powers when he got his Shinigami powers back, it's very unlikely.

The only logical explanation, for me right now, is that who ever saved him for the cage(if anyone actually helped him getting out) taught him Blut or, like you said, he unlocked them on his own, but how? That's just the most weird part for me.

How would he learn/obtain Quincy powers? Let alone Blut, which is a high level Quincy ability...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As for all these fancy theories etc. Some decent.
    Some giving WAY to much credit to someone as subpar as Kubo.

This was my reaction to the final pieces of this week's chapter:

"Lame."

Since it was lame. "A new power" (for Ichigo) is the most boring form of plot development I can think of. Ichigo dying, getting taken etc etc. And then somehow getting free would have been much better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    As for all these fancy theories etc. Some decent.
    Some giving WAY to much credit to someone as subpar as Kubo.

This was my reaction to the final pieces of this week's chapter:

"Lame."

Since it was lame. "A new power" (for Ichigo) is the most boring form of plot development I can think of. Ichigo dying, getting taken etc etc. And then somehow getting free would have been much better.
    To be honest, I think this week's episode was simply amazing.

And how is Ichigo getting a new power boring? Do you even know what power he has right now? QUINCY!

How in the nine hells is he able to use Quincy powers? Isn't a good development? I'd say it is.

And also, as soon as I saw Ichigo getting hit, I thought he died, then I went to that thought, "meh, he dies, he comes back, and he just stumps that guy, boring", but no, they actually give us something here, so I'm glad with his episode.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where as I saw it as a bad deus ex machina pulled from Kubo's arse to try and make it intresting because he make's characters that are too powerful. And the only way to beat them is "MORE POWER!"

Deleted
    Where as I saw it as a bad deus ex machina pulled from Kubo's arse to try and make it intresting because he make's characters that are too powerful. And the only way to beat them is "MORE POWER!"
    But Bleach has been like this since the start, so why are you still watching it?

This anime focus a lot on fights, power, abilities and such, and not very much on character development. I watch this anime simply because I love the fights, the power increase and pretty much everything about it, among other reasons.

If you are still watching it, or reading the manga(which you seem to be doing it), why are you saying Bleach is bad?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched a single episode of the anime, only ever read the Manga.
    And I've kept reading since the start of the SS arc for one reason. A deathcount. That's just recently started to tick. (Of named good guys)

Edit: And from seeing what not to do when creating a compelling story.

I haven't watched a single episode of the anime, only ever read the Manga.
    And I've kept reading since the start of the SS arc for one reason. A deathcount. That's just recently started to tick. (Of named good guys)

Edit: And from seeing what not to do when creating a compelling story.
    Then don't read it and don't complain about it.

I think Kubo's writing has been fantastic this arc and the previous one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great episode

Was reading it, first off a bit sad due to Byakuya passing on (was still kinda hoping Orihime would show up and heal him... guess he's a bit beyond that now ), Then we have a very important line, that most of y'all seem to have skipped, because of the cliffhanger:
    Ichigo: Are you... The enemies leader?
    Juha: "Enemy" heh. "I am" and at the same time "I'm not"

So is this Juha saying that he's not the Vandenreich leader? Could he be the leader of the Stern Ritter, but NOT the Vandenreich leader? or maybe the leader of the Vandenreich, but not the leader of the Quincy?

Then the fight begins.... and my expectations drop immediatly into "standard fair mode" Oh look! Ichigo has engaged the enemy and been totally dominated! that's NEVER happened before....

then he used Blut Vene...

what the FFUUCCCKKKK! Totally didn't see that coming, I mean I knew that Ichigo would get some kind of powerup to let him fight on par with these guys, and I knew it couldn't be anything Getsuga Tenshou related (because that's been used) and it can't be anything Bankai related, but never in a million years would I have predicted it would be Quincy powers ... then again... I guess we SHOULD have guessed really...

First Arc enemy: Shinigami - what does Ichigo do? He learns Bankai, a Shinigami power
    Second Arc Enemy: Arrancar - what does Ichigo do? He learns Vizard form, an Arrancar power
    third Arc Enemy: Fullbringers - what does Ichigo do? He learns to use his Fullbring, THE fullbringer power
    and now we have!
    Final Arc enemy: Quincy - what does Ichigo do? he learns Blut Vene! a Quincy power

so I guess we shouldn't be THAT surprised... but I totally was

Also as to his mum being a Quincy... VERY possibly, as for the whole "but then she would have been able to sense/kill the Grand Fisher" you forget, Grand Fisher was a strong fucker, he'd killed ALOT of people in the past, including iirc a few Shinigami, so I'm guessing one Quincy, distracted by trying to save her idiot son wouldn't have been THAT hard to ambush.

Also.... how much of a mindfuck would it be if Misaki was an Ishida? maybe Ryuken's sister or something, would explain why Ryuken and Isshin are friends, despite Ryuken hating Shinigami.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Well this is an unexpected change.............can't say I'm happy :/. If he is indeed "half quincy", it's a bit irritating to see how quick he's able to grasp an elite quincy technique.

Can't say I'm angry or surprised though, story-telling was never Kubo's strong suit.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-25 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Well this is an unexpected change.............can't say I'm happy :/. If he is indeed "half quincy", it's a bit irritating to see how quick he's able to grasp an elite quincy technique.

Can't say I'm angry or surprised though, story-telling was never Kubo's strong suit.
    It has been for this arc.

If he unlocked that power while in the cage it'd make a lot more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    It has been for this arc.

If he unlocked that power while in the cage it'd make a lot more sense.
    Oh I definitely agree that the story seems much better than usual and it actually has some strong potential. But him realizing, gaining, and mastering a new ability in such a short amount of time, just seems sorta quasi-deus ex machina to me. Even if the reasoning can be explained using a previously established concept.
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-10-25 at 04:58 AM.

remember that ichigo has an unnatural adaptation to power, probably has to do with it? Like gaining bankai over some days when it takes thousand of years to attain it.. theres a lot of hidden story in the bleach world still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    ~snip~
    I doubt it. Right now, Juha seems to be the current leader of the Vandenreich.

I was very surprised too when I saw him using Blut Vene, I am glad that this happened, I was kinda getting tired of him getting a new power related to his Shinigami powers. I mean, I am not tired of it, but I just couldn't see how he would increase already his monstrous Shinigami powers.

That's true. From what I remember, these Hollows that Aizen experimented on could hide their reaitsu completely, so it's possible that the Grand Fisher was able to hide his and kill Ichigo's mother, that is, if she died, it's possible that she lived but I seriously don't see how that could have happened.

About Masaki, we have thrown that theory around already, and I'd say it's possible, if not the most certain thing to why Ichigo has a Quincy high level ability.

Oh I definitely agree that the story seems much better than usual and it actually has some strong potential. But him realizing, gaining, and mastering a new ability in such a short amount of time, just seems sorta quasi-deus ex machina to me. Even if the reasoning can be explained using a previously established concept.
    But it's possible that he had a lot of time to unlock this power.

Like I said in a previous post of mine, The Precipice World runs its time a lot faster, meaning that when in the Soul Society or Earth world passes 1 hour, in The Precipice World it passes like 1 day, you know? Time is a lot faster in The Precipice World and that was explain in the Arrancar arc when Ichigo got his Final Getsuga Tenshou ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    remember that ichigo has an unnatural adaptation to power, probably has to do with it? Like gaining bankai over some days when it takes thousand of years to attain it.. theres a lot of hidden story in the bleach world still.
    Ichigo isn't that powerful to obtain bankai in 10 years like other captains have in the past.

He just managed to get his bankai in 3 years because of Kisuke, otherwise Ichigo would have taken a lot more than 10 years simply because you need to know how to control your reaitsu and etc, something that Ichigo still doesn't know how to do, not to it's full extent like Zaraki can for example.