Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Which isn't Kubo's fault. He's being forced out by WSJ.

Really hoping he pads this all out in the anime.
    Even when Kubo has all the time he wants, he rushes the important parts and pads out the useless crap.

I can't wait for Bleach to end. It was always a bit annoying with the deus ex machinas and plot devices, but this current arc has taken both of those to the extreme. Sure we saw some interesting moments, like various bankais, but all of those moments are turned sour by some crazy bullshit going on.

With Kenpachi's Bankai this was rumored all the way back in the Soul Society and it finally happened where Yachiru is his bankai. It was an awesome feeling that only lasted two seconds when immediately after using it his arm explodes for some reason and the guy he killed comes back to life, and then that bad guy comes back to life 3 times.

There were so many moments you've been waiting for and this arc just shits all over it. For some reason we have a soul reaper using someone elses sword and somehow integrating it into his own sword, bad guys coming back with too many transformations that it becomes boring and repetitive, and shit happening off screen and suddenly none of that mattering either with at least two killed off screen and brought back to life or actually alive until it needed to be a plot device, and we've had one character dead, turned into a zombie, and then brought back to life, because I guess death is reversible now like a cheap $10 jersey.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Bleach keeps going after this final arc, but I am just looking forward to this dog that is clearly on its last leg taken back and shot to put it out of its misery. No series should get so much mileage out of doing something cool and it immediately meaning nothing.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Oh, definitely. They see interest waning and they always have new things they can put in there so, they end up pressuring him to get things at an ending.
    They've been rushing him for years... It's quite sad really. Wish the series had been allowed to come to the end Kubo had wanted.

As for the anime... I can't see them padding it too much. I think we'll get a fairly barebones version of this arc, with hopefully a little extra. Can't see any anime only arcs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattleya View Post
    Even when Kubo has all the time he wants, he rushes the important parts and pads out the useless crap.
    Well... Yeah, I guess that's a pretty solid point . Kubo just isn't a very good writer. ive been reading this series pretty much since the start, so my fanboyism is fairly strong, but... Damn. He really ain't the strongest writer.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    By far the worst writing I've ever seen. Of course Ywach would siphon his underling and not the guy who has the power that is the most likely to trump him. This series can't end soon enough, I'm so sad to see all that potential Bleach had when it started go to waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Uryu's mom was a mixed blood and she died.
    Uryu's dad was a pure blood and he lived.

So. There's no consistency.

I was kinda getting along with it, but when they pulled the "I injected a past" thing and I kind of lost it. For one I thought his power was never literal up until this point (I might be mistaken by that though. I hated that arc and was happy when it was over) and no matter how I look at it, it was a cheap ass-pull. Should have had a final fight right there and be done with it. Also if you blend these 3 beings into one I'd expect something better blended than one horn on one side, a few stripes there, and 2 differently colored eyes. That screams division in my mind, not blending it .

Edit: Also his latest bankai looks shit. Kubo spend all his style points with the first one when he went all black sleek katana (we never saw how ichigo actually got that one, did we?) and the hollow helm/mask. After that every design so far has been rather shit tbh.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2016-07-09 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I was kinda getting along with it, but when they pulled the "I injected a past" thing and I kind of lost it. For one I thought his power was never literal up until this point (I might be mistaken by that though. I hated that arc and was happy when it was over) and no matter how I look at it, it was a cheap ass-pull.
    Tsukihime could cut the tile on the roof of a building, and the tile remembered he planted a bomb there before so a bomb exploded on Ichigo (or something). So...it's actually well within his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Tsukihime could cut the tile on the roof of a building, and the tile remembered he planted a bomb there before so a bomb exploded on Ichigo (or something). So...it's actually well within his powers.
    Yeah could be, as I said I spend little to no attention to the arc because I despise doppelganger/mindcontrol plots.

I wanted to read this to the end as I did with Naruto...; however, I stopped a couple years ago when it bad bad and it doesn't appear to have gotten any better.

Something like this could be very easily explained away though. Kubo would find a way!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry but, people still going on about how it had mountains of potential at the start and how it has squandered it since then, but are still reading it, baffle me greatly. You complain about the potential it had at the start but still clearly stuck with it, for years, and then complain it can't end soon enough >_> I just don't get it lol

- - - Updated - - -

And Naruto was massively better? o.O
    naruto got marginally better, then ended on a super rushed stupid note.

Bleach is like in that stupid ending phase like Naruto, except it's taking much longer to end.

There are literally no issues, whatsoever, with Ginjou and Tsukishima being there right now.

The explanation? They both died and literally were just taken to Soul Society. That is literally the only thing you need to know and there are no issues with it. Seeing people in SS doesn't mean they are alive.

As much as Bleach does have some issues, people generally make them out to be worse than they actually are. You also don't need to see every single bankai ever. Some mystery (and actual talking points/speculation) is good.
    I pointed out the issues of them being alive and it was in the quote you replyed to. Also I never said I wanted to see every Bankai.

This whole arc has been one asspull after another and its been ignoring the events that happen before it. You like it fine but I personally don't and I am just reading it to see it end.

Bleach should have ended when Ichigo lost his powers or at lease ended at the end of the fullbring arc.

Nether Ginjou nore Tsukishima would go to the soul society when they died due to the actions they made while alive. They would be sent to hell, so no the stunt pulled here is just another asspull nothing more.

But hey if u like it that's fine, different strokes for different fokes.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Maybe they'll finally let him go back and finish zombie powder after this shit finally ends?

Seriously though, bleach was really good up until aizen was beaten. That really should've been the ending. Since then, the series has just gone so downhill it's not even funny. At this point, I'm pretty sure half (or more) of the people who read it, only do so just to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh, his mom died, didn't she? As a result of Auswalhen, Kanae Katagiri was in a coma and then died after a few months. All the Gemischt died except for Uryu and Kurosaki (and you could claim Kurosaki is pureblood; his mother was and his father was not human). Why is that not consistent? Yhwach said himself to Uryu that he was special and thus a special war potential; he probably has the power to reject the Auswalhen. It was explicitly said in the manga when Yhwach and Uryu met in private after he presented him to the Sternritter and named him his successor.
    You're using words and saying names I don't remember.

Didn't Ichigo's Mom die only because she had White in her so she wasn't a pureblood anymore?

And Juha's explanation for why Uryu lived didn't really make sense. Cause he's also an "A."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Maybe they'll finally let him go back and finish zombie powder after this shit finally ends?

Seriously though, bleach was really good up until aizen was beaten. That really should've been the ending. Since then, the series has just gone so downhill it's not even funny. At this point, I'm pretty sure half (or more) of the people who read it, only do so just to finish it.
    Yup. We get 420+ chapters with a great villain, his backstory, plans well told and developed, then he gets defeated and a new villain just gets ass-pulled out of nowhere, gets rushed build-up, gets defeated in less than 100 chapters, and now the same thing with Quincy boss. It's 3 different stories with no conection to each other, and each feels more rushed than the last one. I refused to believe that Aizen was defeated, done and dusted, thought, that this is some sort of masterplan of his, but now it seems it truly is how it's gonna go down. Aizen had backstory, Juha Bach just seems pulled out of a bum.

And Naruto was massively better? o.O
    Massively? No, but it was more entertaining and had a bit more going for it, even at the end for how rushed it was. Bleach is definitely better than Boruto though.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second...

We have four chapters left, and things aren't looking super well for our plucky heroes... One thing is bugging me though.

Wtf happened to the Shihoin clan's Sacred Armor? Yuushiro came all this way to give it to Yoruichi, got wrecked by Askin and then everyone just sorta... Forgot about it.

Was it another victim of the great WSJ Rush, or is it an ace in the hole, to be played against Yhwach?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but, people still going on about how it had mountains of potential at the start and how it has squandered it since then, but are still reading it, baffle me greatly. You complain about the potential it had at the start but still clearly stuck with it, for years, and then complain it can't end soon enough >_> I just don't get it lol
    Honestly, because I'm too committed to the series and still want to know how it ends. I've been following it for far too long to give up on it, especially now that it's close to ending. It's not like Bleach has been shitty either this entire time either though, I have to say that while I wasn't a huge fan of the entire Aizen and Hueco Mundo stuff, it was far better than what we have today.

A lot of my disappointment of the potential mainly comes from the Hollows, I feel like they built them up to be pretty awesome early on and then just ended up making them powerful enemies who looked like humans halfway through the series and kind of just gave up on the whole monster part after that.

As for Naruto, that was honestly a huge disappointment, too. I thought the majority of the whole Shippuden story could have gone much better, especially with how the Akatsuki was. At least it was tolerable compared to what most of Bleach is today.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh actually I think that is part of the plot. For whatever reason, even though Ishida is gemisht (mix-blood) he cannot syphon his power. It's why he survived as a baby.
    Which is what I meant, he was kept alive for plot reasons. It makes sense that he didn't get siphoned, but at the same time that kind of move was very predictable.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2016-07-09 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people say that the series should have ended after Aizen but I don't think it should have. They had been slowly building up Soul Palace, Zero Division, and the Soul King for pretty much the entire series and it would have been really frustrating to see them just getting ignored after they beat Aizen. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end though because all three of those things were handled very poorly, especially the Soul King.

New Manga chapter is out early this week... And guess whos back back again

Slim Shady?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.