Page 37 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Chapter 480 - Final Arc- The Thousand Year Blood War is the start of the good stuff.

Urahara talked to the zero division through like a projection but he's still in Hueco Mundo. He was slightly involved in the fight and you see a little of him from when he takes Ichigo to HM but he doesn't do much else.

Quote Originally Posted by styvan01 View Post
    Has Kisuke Urahara shown up? Just curious and thanks for the description, might have to skip the Ichigo gets his power back arc then. What chapter does it begin if you know off hand?
    He has, briefly. In Hueco Mundo before Yama ji died and right before when Squad Zero showed up, still in Hueco Mundo.

Also, you should really read the manga, it's totally worth it and it's very good.

And there hasn't been any filers since its beginning, which is surprising and good of course.

Wow... That's a much better translated site.. I really should just stick with that one, but I'm too impatient to wait the extra couple of days

So yeah I was wrong, shocking I know, Zaraki's durability is nothing to do with Unohana's Bankai... wtf was I thinking with that theory?

aannyywwaayy I NOW think that his durability is a result of his Shikai. It kinda fits, he's always been a beserker, he pretty much TELLS people to wail on him, it would make sense that his sword worked along similar principles. So maybe the more beaten he gets, the higher his Reiatsu gets or something screwy like that.

It would be pretty funny if his Bankai was Tryndamere's ult He activates Bankai, and while it's up he CAN'T die no matter how beat-up he gets, but then as soon as he drops it he dies.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It would be pretty funny if his Bankai was Tryndamere's ult He activates Bankai, and while it's up he CAN'T die no matter how beat-up he gets, but then as soon as he drops it he dies.
    That's actually a pretty shitty bankai. Immune to death? I see no purpose in that in a fight. If you can't beat a guy, being immortal won't really do much. And there are binding ways that can pretty much fuck you for good and not dying is just meh tbh.

It doesn't really give a person power, it only serves to distract, not saying that is shitty, but it'll never work with someone like Zaraki, since he's all out.

I don't know but either way, I doubt his bankai will be something that doesn't give him power or isn't a bankai like Soi Fon's.

dont forget he'd also have the insane reiatsu from his Shikai, due to being so close to death...

also I wasn't seriously saying that his bankai , I'm still pretty against him even HAVING a Bankai, Kendo was always supposed to be his Bankai substitute, I'd rather he just learned some badass Kendo techniques from Unohana and improved the skill he already has, instead of getting some other new ability.

MAN this curret arc is awesome...
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

I'm pretty sure he's getting a bankai, but like you said, I don't think it's a good idea because it would literally mean he could destroy anything(emphasis on anything) and not even Ichigo can do that, not even with the Black Getsuga Tenshou transformation I believe?

That's one of the reasons, and I doubt they will make that, so they will make a much lamer, less OP bankai, which will totally ruin his character, making it pointless for him having a bankai, so yeah, would be good if he didn't had a bankai.

But Kubo did say everyone's bankai would be revealed, so you know...

I'm pretty sure Ichigio in FGT could wtfpwn anything , look how badly he overpowered Aizen.

and Tbh yes Kubo-san said that all Bankai's will be revealed.. but if Zaraki doesn't HAVE a Bankai, then he can't really reveal it can he? Then again.... yeah I'm guessin all the fanboys would fly to Japan and burn down Kubo-san's house if their idol didn't get some stupid OP power..... ah well.

Although... That could lead to my earlier theory, of Zaraki going batshit crazy and being the final "boss" of bleach... I still think Shunsui would spank Zaraki like a naughty puppy, Bankai or not

Well, don't all Shinigamis have the ability of achieving bankai? Whether they can actually reach bankai or not? I believe they can, so yeah, Zaraki has bankai, I'm pretty sure of it.

And I hope that doesn't happen, him being the final boss, like, wat? No... That's just boring and dull, please god no... >.<

Sure all Shinigami CAN Achieve Bankai, but there are still many who don't. The problem is because we're so used to only dealing with Captains and Ichigo, we expect everyone to have a Bankai, we forget it's actually a very very rare ability. the average Shinigami? No bankai, and never will have one either. Pretty much anyone below VC? No bankai for you!

This is taken from the Bleach Wiki's page on Bankai: "Only the strongest Shinigami can use it. It is also the ultimate technique of a Zanpakutō. Even the Four noble families, whose members are always exceptionally talented, have a member capable of Bankai only every few generations. Those who achieve Bankai always have remarkable roles in the history of Soul Society."

Having the ability to do something doesn't mean that you ever will, hell I have the ability to run the Marathon, doesn't mean I dont get out of breath jogging for the bus

I'll be honest, the only reason I mentioned Zaraki being the final boss in bleach is because I would love to see him dead , not sure why but I really dislike him as a character, even if I did steal him for the basis of my Legend of the 5 Rings character

Meh. I was pretty sure anyone above the skill of a VC could get a bankai or could achieve it, whether he/she can actually control it is another matter, I'm talking about just achieving it.

* Looks at Renji and Toushiro before this arc

So I guess it's just overrated, the bankai, because I always felt like it was actually something that a lot of strong people could achieve lol.

I hope he isn't the last boss. It would get so much attention and crap all over him that I wouldn't be able to handle and would just make me angry. xd

It was the raging zanpaktou arc. I think Yamamoto said it, but if Zaraki had a bankai, it would pretty much be the end of the world.

His bankai turns him into a demon! That would totally make sense...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Meh. I was pretty sure anyone above the skill of a VC could get a bankai or could achieve it, whether he/she can actually control it is another matter, I'm talking about just achieving it.
    I think that's pretty much the border , all the VC could possibily achieve it, but would require 10+ years to be able to use it properly (that's one of the MANY reasons that Byakuya shit all over Renji, his Bankai was just too big and unwieldy to go up again Byakuya who has mastered his Bankai and is a pimp) anyone below VC has no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    It was the raging zanpaktou arc. I think Yamamoto said it, but if Zaraki had a bankai, it would pretty much be the end of the world.

His bankai turns him into a demon! That would totally make sense...
    That'd be kinda fun , but it would push dangerously close to Espada Resurreccion, thematically. I'm still holding firm on the theory he wont get a bankai, he'll just improve his Kendo skills and stop being a little girl about using them.

I think that's pretty much the border , all the VC could possibily achieve it, but would require 10+ years to be able to use it properly (that's one of the MANY reasons that Byakuya shit all over Renji, his Bankai was just too big and unwieldy to go up again Byakuya who has mastered his Bankai and is a pimp) anyone below VC has no chance.
    Actually, since VCs are much weaker than just Captains, I think they probably need more than just 10 years like Byakuya did.

tbh I think the average VC would need about 10000 to be as swag as Byakuya

10 years is said to be the baseline of time you need to "Understand" your bankai, to reach Mastery of it like Byakuya has... 100+ easily.

if you can't tell, I have a bit of a mancrush on Byakuya

IIRC, It should take 10 years to ATTAIN bankai, and another few DECADES to MASTER it. Remember people, we are dealing with creatures that are hundreds, if not thousands or tens of thousands, of years old. For all we know Renji who had just attained his bankai, just finished up 10+ years of strict training with Zabimaru. Remember that Ichigo cheated using one of Uruhara's inventions, the same one that was said it shouldn't work for anyone but Uruhara.

tbh I think the average VC would need about 10000 to be as swag as Byakuya
    Haha, agreed.
    10 years is said to be the baseline of time you need to "Understand" your bankai, to reach Mastery of it like Byakuya has... 100+ easily.
    Hm, I thought 10 years was enough to know everything... :p
    if you can't tell, I have a bit of a mancrush on Byakuya
    I've noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    IIRC, It should take 10 years to ATTAIN bankai, and another few DECADES to MASTER it. Remember people, we are dealing with creatures that are hundreds, if not thousands or tens of thousands, of years old. For all we know Renji who had just attained his bankai, just finished up 10+ years of strict training with Zabimaru. Remember that Ichigo cheated using one of Uruhara's inventions, the same one that was said it shouldn't work for anyone but Uruhara.
    Yeah, I keep forgetting that they live for so much longer and that.

If he doesn't get his bankai i bet his sword will become fixed though. Ie not broken and shit, and will make him mega powerful.

That'd be kinda fun , but it would push dangerously close to Espada Resurreccion, thematically. I'm still holding firm on the theory he wont get a bankai, he'll just improve his Kendo skills and stop being a little girl about using them.
    So far we really haven't seen any changing Bankai's, so i doubt they will do that. Kendo isn't really his thing, i think he will be more like Unohana says, and use the second hand for 'dirty' tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    So far we really haven't seen any changing Bankai's, so i doubt they will do that. Kendo isn't really his thing, i think he will be more like Unohana says, and use the second hand for 'dirty' tricks.
    Doubt it. Dirty tricks isn't Zaraki's thing lol.

I don't seen him, at all, using "cheap"/dirty tricks.

Hm, I thought 10 years was enough to know everything...
    nope, in ten years you can just about learn how to get your Bankai up and running, this is about the stage Renji is at, he's got his shit working, but that's all. I'm sure in a few decades he'll manage to not be quite so fail... If he survives that long... Then again I'm guessing him and Ichigo are going to get some intense Bankai training from the guy that CREATED Zanpaktou's so god only knows what they'll be like when they get back

I've noticed.
    I wasn't very subtle... was I ? anyone who can fight with pink petals and still look like a pimp demands respect if you ask me . Same thing with Shunsui, if you can rock around in a flowery overcoat and still be the man, people should know to avoid angering you!

Yeah, I keep forgetting that they live for so much longer and that.
    Do we actually KNOW any of the Captains ages? I mean the "Top Three" are all about 1000, Yama-ji probably older... But what do we know about the other captains?