1. #1361
    Kind of a meh chapter. Though I enjoyed that Mayuri showed but his outfit his weird, his daughter's too. o.o

  2. #1362
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,127
    Right now i am mostly interested in Shunsui and Thoshiro, really curious as how much stronger he got now.
    He also looks so much, older. And did his sword really get longer or am i seeing things? O.O
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  3. #1363
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,205
    I don't care for Hitsugaya, never really liked him. Especially looking forward to seeing Shunsui, Kenpachi and Ichigo fight though.

  4. #1364
    High Overlord Arvidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    150
    Can't wait to see Shunsui fight.
    Also, if Soul Society disappeared doesn't that mean Aizen is no longer imprisoned :O ?

  5. #1365
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvidor View Post
    Can't wait to see Shunsui fight.
    Also, if Soul Society disappeared doesn't that mean Aizen is no longer imprisoned :O ?
    Considering everything disappeared, I'm going ahead and say yes. Would be silly if still is imprisoned assuming he is in Seretei(or however you type).

  6. #1366
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvidor View Post
    Can't wait to see Shunsui fight.
    Also, if Soul Society disappeared doesn't that mean Aizen is no longer imprisoned :O ?
    Soul Society is still there, it's basically just swapped with the Sternritter city. So SS is now in the shadow while the Quincy city is in the light. So I would say he is still imprisoned.

    Best part of the chapter had to be Mayuri and Nemu's outfits though lol I had a literal o.O face when I saw them xD

    Sometimes updated...

  7. #1367
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Soul Society is still there, it's basically just swapped with the Sternritter city. So SS is now in the shadow while the Quincy city is in the light. So I would say he is still imprisoned.

    Best part of the chapter had to be Mayuri and Nemu's outfits though lol I had a literal o.O face when I saw them xD
    Actually you should rethink that. Azien was in a prison within Soul Society. Now he is no longer in that prison because Soul Society was switched with Wandenreich. There is no guarantee that the physical location where Azien was imprisoned even exists anymore. In fact it is highly likely that he is free now and wandering about.

    I enjoyed the chapter. I don't get why people are upset about it. I just can't comprehend why people would be upset. I mean what did they expect, blood, gore, explosions? What good is a fight scene without the meaning behind that fight being quantified or explained. Mindless battling is boring. I want to see battles that have context and meaning.

  8. #1368
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvidor View Post
    Can't wait to see Shunsui fight.
    Also, if Soul Society disappeared doesn't that mean Aizen is no longer imprisoned :O ?
    Same here man, Shunsui is by FAR my favourite captain, I wanna see his Bankai more than I wanna see anything else in this series .

    As for Aizen... I think it's yes and no. Is he still in his cell? No probably not, but is he still locked up? Yes. even if his cell, or wherever they'd put him melted away he still had some pretty major bindings/restraints on him, so I don't think he's exactly free.... yet
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  9. #1369
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Thereabouts
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    I enjoyed the chapter. I don't get why people are upset about it. I just can't comprehend why people would be upset. I mean what did they expect, blood, gore, explosions? What good is a fight scene without the meaning behind that fight being quantified or explained. Mindless battling is boring. I want to see battles that have context and meaning.
    I liked the chapter as well, but I was kinda hoping for a double chapter with at least a mini fight going off somewhere first (some impatient Shinigami OR Quincy). Oh well.

    Can't wait to see Zaraki and Shunsui as well! Not sure how I feel about seeing Ichigo. The only way I'm going to be satisfied with his new powers is seeing a real change: multitude of new skills, interesting but not too over the top. I hope it isn't -destroy everything easily- OR -still struggling with himself and gets owned-. I hope he gets into a fight hard enough to push him into using all his newly acquired skills and abilities, but not one that makes those abilities trivial because omg plot twist.

  10. #1370
    Brewmaster Advent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Other Side.
    Posts
    1,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I liked the chapter as well, but I was kinda hoping for a double chapter with at least a mini fight going off somewhere first (some impatient Shinigami OR Quincy). Oh well.

    Can't wait to see Zaraki and Shunsui as well! Not sure how I feel about seeing Ichigo. The only way I'm going to be satisfied with his new powers is seeing a real change: multitude of new skills, interesting but not too over the top. I hope it isn't -destroy everything easily- OR -still struggling with himself and gets owned-. I hope he gets into a fight hard enough to push him into using all his newly acquired skills and abilities, but not one that makes those abilities trivial because omg plot twist.
    And if he can use the final Getsuga Tensho without losing his powers. That would be interesting.
    A typical raid leader command would be something like "Yo Scrub, why don't you YOLO 1337 yards to the left because the boss's Swag is about to hit us in 3 seconds".
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta View Post
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.
    Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

  11. #1371
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Thereabouts
    Posts
    1,019
    I actually do not think Getsuga Tenshou will be in this repertoire anymore; I know technically he still has the old Zangetsu in one hand that may enable him to use Getsuga Tenshou, but I'd think (I hope) that with his new powers and dual wielding comes an entirely new fighting style(s).

  12. #1372
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    I actually do not think Getsuga Tenshou will be in this repertoire anymore; I know technically he still has the old Zangetsu in one hand that may enable him to use Getsuga Tenshou, but I'd think (I hope) that with his new powers and dual wielding comes an entirely new fighting style(s).
    From the look of the swords (a hole being in the middle of one) it looks like one sword will slot into the other to form a cross like shape, probably firing some sort of energy blast i assume. If that does happen i hope that's the only quincy like thing that he does.

  13. #1373
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,088
    Vacuum ice thats a rather interesting something. Very conveniant getting a fire oponent.

    Ōmaeda will get crushed if Soi-fong doesnt show up to help fast.

  14. #1374
    Seems stupid Toshiro has to 2v1 his opponent. But whatever.

    I wish Kubo had everyone's matchups set up before he started showing individual fights.

  15. #1375
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,088
    Im fine with some fights starting thenn they can be over fast and not cut into the good ones i actualy want to see!

  16. #1376
    Legendary! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    6,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Seems stupid Toshiro has to 2v1 his opponent. But whatever.

    I wish Kubo had everyone's matchups set up before he started showing individual fights.
    to be fair that was two setups, last week we had Shunsui and Kurotsuchi's setups, maybe next week will be more?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

    Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

  17. #1377
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    In my room
    Posts
    102
    Im curious about Byakuya and of course Zaraki since if i remember correctly he learned the name of his Zanpakuto, somethings up with Ukitake aswell he was meditating or something so i guess he'll come out and slash away at a random quincy that thinks he's to good for him or something, and please can't Ishida just die would be nice if he like just disappeared because he's so shitty, Chad could kill him or something D:

  18. #1378
    i really, really hope that they will start sending the anime again

  19. #1379
    Quote Originally Posted by Othillia View Post
    i really, really hope that they will start sending the anime again
    Even though it was from long ago, Kubo was looking for a Network to air it on. I doubt TV Tokyo or any other network will air it. Probably when the manga is finished so we won't get any fillers. Only liked the Zanpakto filler (not the Sword Fiends part though) and the final filler season mostly (but it went on too long, should have been 10 episodes shorter tbh)

  20. #1380
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    84
    Kind of liked Soi-fon's power up this week, maybe a bit lacking in creativity but still, it was mentioned that it was never perfect at the start so it was to be expected.
    Have a feeling Kubo is gonna rush the ending though, I mean atm barely any of the Stern Ritters are interesting characters, making them seem like they're important without putting in effort to properly introduce them is sloppy writing. And as it seems these are the final battles I hope he'll have something up his sleeve.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •