Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    They can steal bankais, only, big, draw back is that they'll be super weakened and probably die.
    In which case, would you try to steal one? I sure as hell would not.

Also, when that one guy tried to steal Ichigos Bankai, it just did not work. Wether it was his Hollow Power, or Ichigo was just too strong for him remains to be seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    In which case, would you try to steal one? I sure as hell would not.
    There's a difference between can't and shouldn't. It's the latter in this case.

I won't go on since this is just getting into semantics now.
    Also, when that one guy tried to steal Ichigos Bankai, it just did not work. Wether it was his Hollow Power, or Ichigo was just too strong for him remains to be seen.
    Pretty sure it's because no one knows how Ichigo's bankai worked(/works). They said the one stealing it needs to know how it works and be powerful enough to steal it, if I recall.

And to be honest, we have no idea if he still has his hollow powers or not. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure it's because no one knows how Ichigo's bankai worked(/works). They said the one stealing it needs to know how it works and be powerful enough to steal it, if I recall.

And to be honest, we have no idea if he still has his hollow powers or not. Right?
    Considering Juha Bach is inside Ichigo's head and is responsible for controlling Ichigo's Bankai, I think it's safe to say they know it VERY well. They probably used the knowledge/power excuse with Ichigo because they didn't want to spoil the reveal about Hollows and Quincy.

And yes Ichigo still has his Hollow powers, his Shinigami powers are pretty much fused with his Hollow power, to such an extent you could almost say he doesn't HAVE Shinigami powers, he has Vizard powers

"Entering his inner world, Ichigo demands answers from the being he knows as Zangetsu, who reveals Hollow Ichigo is Ichigo's true Zanpakutō, whom he has been mostly suppressing." Taken from Bleach wiki, referencing chapter 541
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    There's a difference between can't and shouldn't. It's the latter in this case.

I won't go on since this is just getting into semantics now.
    Fair enough and i understand your point.

Nothing absolute, but from the explanations we got about his Hollow/Shinigami/Quincy thing, i think its atleast a safe bet to say he has them.
    But expanding on what you said about not knowing how it works, it might just be that it wasnt really his true Zanpaktou. It was just something his Quincy side projected, while trying to surpress his other powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Considering Juha Bach is inside Ichigo's head and is responsible for controlling Ichigo's Bankai, I think it's safe to say they know it VERY well. They probably used the knowledge/power excuse with Ichigo because they didn't want to spoil the reveal about Hollows and Quincy.
    Juha Bach isnt inside Ichigos head, his Quincy side just looks like him, since he is something like the father of all Quincy. Unless i forgot about a chapter, where it was indeed state that it is really Juha inside Ichigo, if thats the case, can someone direct me to it?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Juha Bach isnt inside Ichigos head, his Quincy side just looks like him, since he is something like the father of all Quincy. Unless i forgot about a chapter, where it was indeed state that it is really Juha inside Ichigo, if thats the case, can someone direct me to it?
    I think you nailed it spot on. If there was something else I missed it too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Juha Bach isn't inside Ichigo's head? Only a part of his spiritual power or wtv it is, I can't remember, stayed inside of Ichigo for the purpose of containing his power only. With that said, containing a power does not mean you know what the full extent of that power is, you're just containing it, you know.

Juha Bach isnt inside Ichigos head, his Quincy side just looks like him.
    Yes, this, put in better words.

It's more that they thought they could not be stolen unless they know about its powers.
    They wouldn't be able to know about most Captain's their Bankai so it is more that Ichigo was too strong for the guy to steal.
    I mean, Ichigo's Bankai doesn't really have much powers to it, unlike Yamamoto and probably some others. All he does is hack 'n slash and his Getsuga's.

Look at Yamamoto: He yelled to Sternritter R/Y that he could not steal it cause they didn't know his power as it changed over 1000 year. But then Juha comes and stole it while explaining that it Yamamoto's power was too big for R/Y to steal it.

The only thing of Juha that was in Ichigo was his Quincy Reiatsu/powers supressing his Hollow powers. But now his Quincy power/side is pretty much gone (or better said, lost control over Ichigo's power) his hollow powers took it over.
    Better said; Old man Zangetsu looks like Juha as that is his Quincy power. But now Quincy Zangetsu released Ichigo's true power.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked this Chapter. They got their Bankai's back "probaly" killd those guys.
    Gess that makes it safe for the other captains to start using theirs aswell.

The ice hollow mask lookd good on him. No change for soi fon as far as i could tell.

That was way too easy. Those guys didn't even use that Angel form. No way are they dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    I liked this Chapter. They got their Bankai's back "probaly" killd those guys.
    Gess that makes it safe for the other captains to start using theirs aswell.

The ice hollow mask lookd good on him. No change for soi fon as far as i could tell.
    I agree, looks better then having a dragon hand.

They are far from being killed, whatever the guy was yelling is probably the same as a Bankai. Next week we'll see the trololol ofcourse and that they aren't defeated yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thoughts on Chapter 553:

4/10

Just a short review this week as pretty much fuck all happened.

So NONE of the Shinigami died... everyone got Bankai back... and Hitsugaya oneshot Cang Du...

There goes any hope of some real drama, or non Bankai spamming fights for this arc then . Back to the norm of Shinigami release Bankai, Wandenreich release Vollstandig, carnage insues.

One interesting point... and tbh I really hope it's NOT true. The Wandenreich symbol appeared on Hyorinmaru and when Cang Du tried to use his Vollstandig nothing happened... Do you think the Bankai retrieval also stole the Vollstandig? would be faintly Kharmic... But also pretty weak sauce as it would mean the Wandenreich wont be at full power for the counter attack.

Hope next week is a bit better than this week though

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

He aint dead, what he yelled was for his release or something. He will break free because he is a Ice type too.

Was the symbol on Hyorinmaru? It's kinda unclear tbh... Could be Cang Du too...

Next week we prob see Shunsui again, and Sui Feng. Ofcourse both Quincy are shown to be alive too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Next week we prob see Shunsui again,
    I really hope so, i don't care much for the two on going fights atm (hitsugaya and sui feng).

At least the fighting is finally picking up, i can't complain about that. I really hope the anime is released in a year or two or w.e that shows since the fulbring arc till the end, i don't want to miss these epic fights that are (hopefully) to come. Watching the animated show is so much more enjoyable for me than reading the manga.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, interesting discussion I was having with a friend.

So it's pretty clear at least one of the captain/VC's is going to die this arc, it wont be the fan favourites like Zaraki, Byakuya, Hitsugaya etc..

This got me worried, as Shunsui (my favourite captain) has never been the most popular captain, he's popular enough that his death would have impact (I mean would anyone REALLY care if they killed off Dog Breath?) but not SO popular that Kubo san would get raged at if he died, add in that once again he's fighting the strongest non-boss level enemy and things don't look too good...

But then... Why promote him to Captain Commander to kill him off right away? We can probably assume that Shunsui is safe... Which got me thinking... What about Nanao? She's in the area and she's always been a bit of a non-entity as far as fights go.

So picture the scene... Shunsui is engaged in an epic showdown with Haschwalth, he's using his Shikai against Haschwalth's Vollstandig, just about holding his own, waiting for a lucky hit with Iro Oni... Haschwalth pulls some sneaky Quincy trick and looks like he's got the drop on Shunsui, however before the blow lands Nanao throws herself in the way, takes the hit and dies... This causes Shunsui to TOTALLY lose his shit, the ever calm, ever cool captain goes beserk, forgets the rules for his blade and unleashes Bankai, destroys Haschwalth and goes on a rampage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nanao is a possibility yeah, but what about ukitake? If he comes to help shunsui in the fight he could potentially be killed off, especially since they fought together last time. Probably like you said though, i can see it being nanao.

Sorry Gall but shunsei isn't fighting beanpole sooooo.... He has to go back to fighting the colonel since colonel was the guy to steal his bankai.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Sorry Gall but shunsei isn't fighting beanpole sooooo.... He has to go back to fighting the colonel since colonel was the guy to steal his bankai.
    What? Shunsui didnt get his Bankai stolen.. Only Soi Fong, Komamura, Toshiro and Byakuya were stupid enough to use their Bankai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, Shunsui was fighting the colonel, but only unleashed his Shikai as he isn't allowed to use his Bankai where people can see it.

I'm like..90% sure he's going to fight Haschwalth, mostly because they've pretty much already started fighting

Oh you guys are right. I was misled by this page I guess...

But you guys don't think Shunsei wants revenge for his lost eye? Who else is gonna beat Colonel?

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the language on that page is pretty ambiguous, but the general opinion is that he's talking about the other captains, not his own bankai.

and maybe, but he has more pressing issues than revenge right now, like the Vandenreich Grandmaster in his office