1. #1381
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,042
    Kinda dissapointed with this week...

    "Oh remember how we stole your Bankai's? Yeah, even if you had them we would still kick your ass.".

    These guys seem, as of this week's manga, stronger then the Captain Commander. Flames that are stronger then Ryūjin Jakka, strongest fire Zanpakuto and a simple "soldier" beats it with his flames?
    Burning finger 2, 3, 4 and 5 incoming.

    Speed that keeps up with Sui-feng with ease, high precision and probably can shoot rockets like Jakuhō Raikōben from every of his mini rocket things on his body.


    Mayuri's oppononent seems interesting tho. As long as they stay in the light he doesn't seem to be able to use his powers. Maybe a shadow power?
    I don't quite get what he means with "Yes, it means that you... are indeed powerful." Cause he is smart enough to not chase him? Cause he wants to analyze first?
    Does he mean Mayuri himself? Or the captains in general? Haaaah >.< Confused
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  2. #1382
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,898
    So. Buckbeard is the only guy strong enough to steal Yamas Bankai, but this random Sternritter can stop 3 "direct hits" of Yamas renowned Shikai using his own flame.

    I see.....

    Comedic relief in Mayuri's fight made this chapter. "No go ahead and leave." Lols.

  3. #1383
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,822
    Urg, did we REALLY wait all that time for this?

    Just bring in Ichigo already, these minifights are all fucking stupid.

    If Bazz-B's flames were as powerful as Zanka no Tachi, why didn't he fight Yama-ji? Why were Loyd and Haschwalth so suprised/scared by the strength of the flames? How come there were still a bunch of dead Stern Ritter when Yama-ji used Zanka No Tachi South?

    This whole week just struck me as pointless, baseless "Look how strong the Stern Ritter are!" to try and build up some tension for the coming fights, but all it did was annoy me...

    Mayuri Vs Askin was the only good part of the chapter, hopefully we'll get more of that and less of Bazz and BG9 next week. Or better yet, fuck all three of those, lets see Shunsui's Bankai and Ichigo's new Zanpaktou already!
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  4. #1384
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Urg, did we REALLY wait all that time for this?

    Just bring in Ichigo already, these minifights are all fucking stupid.

    If Bazz-B's flames were as powerful as Zanka no Tachi, why didn't he fight Yama-ji? Why were Loyd and Haschwalth so suprised/scared by the strength of the flames? How come there were still a bunch of dead Stern Ritter when Yama-ji used Zanka No Tachi South?

    This whole week just struck me as pointless, baseless "Look how strong the Stern Ritter are!" to try and build up some tension for the coming fights, but all it did was annoy me...

    Mayuri Vs Askin was the only good part of the chapter, hopefully we'll get more of that and less of Bazz and BG9 next week. Or better yet, fuck all three of those, lets see Shunsui's Bankai and Ichigo's new Zanpaktou already!
    You left out Kenpachi's bankai....Or at LEAST his release....

    But agreed these fights are too...I unno OP but not in the fun way LOL...Still if we think about it isn't this sorta thing what gets us pumped when say Ichigo does it....Hmmm seems OP hero fucking badass OP villains no please....

    Though I guess part of it is he doesn't toy with his enemies and goes all out no matter unlike these guys...

  5. #1385
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    You left out Kenpachi's bankai....Or at LEAST his release....

    But agreed these fights are too...I unno OP but not in the fun way LOL...Still if we think about it isn't this sorta thing what gets us pumped when say Ichigo does it....Hmmm seems OP hero fucking badass OP villains no please....

    Though I guess part of it is he doesn't toy with his enemies and goes all out no matter unlike these guys...
    Myeh, I know it's sorta sacrilege amongst Bleach fans... but I've never really like Zaraki... Quite frankly I wouldn't have cared if he'd died in the Loyd fight . But I'll see your return of Zaraki and raise you one return of Byakuya , I can't wait for him and all the crew that have been with the Royal Guard to return...

    Hmm... Now that I think about it... That might be why certain people are fighting that look to have no chance of winning. So Hitsugaya, kurotsuchi and Sui Feng all try to fight Stern Ritter, get owned, then at the last second the Royal Guard turn up (or at least, Ichigo, Byakuya, Rukia and Renji) and show off their new skillz.

    And tbh it's not so much that they're strong that I'm against, I LIKE Strong enemies, strong enemies lead to cool fights(look at Zaraki Vs Nnoitra, Byakuya Vs Tsukishima, Ichigo Vs Ulqiuorra). These are supposed to be the last great enemies it makes sense that they should be super strong, it's the WAY they're showing that strength that annoys me. I don't like that fights in Bleach tend to be fairly one sided. Take Hitsugaya Vs Bazz B... Fight starts, Hitsugaya spears him with superice... Bazz B allows himself to be hit, THEN melts the ice, tells us that he's actually stronger (or at least as strong) as Yama-ji, who previously was held as the total peak of power, and spears Hitsugaya in return...

    So... Why exactly did he let himself get hit? IMO it would have been better if Hitsu had tried to superice Bazz, he'd melted it, countered with his fire, which Hitsu blocked/dodged/froze whatever, you know, an ACTUAL fight, attacking, avoiding, countering, not just trading overpowered attacks.

    This was a weakness of Bleach combat early in the series, most fights would boil down to the two combatants throwing super powered attacks at eachother and it gets REALLY old, during the Arrancar arc this stopped and we got actual fights, with real swordfighting etc... Now it seems we're getting back to the old style, which I never really dug.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  6. #1386
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Comedic relief in Mayuri's fight made this chapter. "No go ahead and leave." Lols.
    That's why he's my favourite character. That humor. Haha.

  7. #1387
    Warchief Solidito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Greater Manchester
    Posts
    2,096
    Thank fuck for urahara saying they found a way to recover their bankai. Cliche move or not i'm extremely happy that it sounds like it'll happen.

  8. #1388
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    Thank fuck for urahara saying they found a way to recover their bankai. Cliche move or not i'm extremely happy that it sounds like it'll happen.
    But will it be enough? So far 3 Bankais have been stolen, 1 will not be able to return and Sui Feng seems to be defeated already.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  9. #1389
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,822
    Thoughts on 551!

    For me this was MUCH better than last week, true there was less 'action' but there was much MUCH more Shunsui, which makes everything better, now for the scene by scene:

    Shunsui Vs Hachwalth: oh man this fight is going to be so awsome... the Captain Commander of the Shinigami vs the Sternriiter Grandmaster, if this fight ISN'T legendary and doesn't feature both participants going full out (so Shunsui's Bankai and Hashwalth's Vollstandig) then I'll buy a ticket to go to Japan just to kick Kubo-san in the butt . Good to see lovely Nanao getting a chance to take sorta centre stage, cool that she can make anti-Quincy Kidou, just a shame it didn't do THAT much good... LOVED the bit with her and Shunsui "I was appointed Vice Captain for my ability with Kido" "Dont' say that, it wasn't JUST your ability with Kido" "Shut up captain..." Classic . Also, if Haschwalth thinks something as tiny as a bigass rock falling from the sky will kill ANY of the captains... he's really underestimating the .

    Hitsugaya vs Bazz-B prt II: Shiro-chan is getting a bit of a kicking really isn't it? I mean he's not doing BADLY, but he's 100% on the losing end of this fight... And now he has to fight the guy that stole his Bankai? Yeah this isn't going to end well AT all.

    and finally Kurotsuchi Vs.... No one, his opponent seems to have gotten bored and wandered off, so now he's just standing there talking to himself...: I'm really diggin Kurotsuchi's new outfit, even if he does look like some kind of demented sunflower
    So... if Hitsugaya and Sui Feng's reiatsu has vanished... Does that mean they're dead? I don't really mind, because they rank just above Dogbreath in terms of my rankings, but still kinda... anticlimactic, especially for Sui Feng. But then we get to the REAL meat of Kurotsuchi's chapter.... Urahara has done it! HE's found a way to recover Bankai! Given how Sui Feng and Hitsugaya are either dead or dying, it only REALLY effects Byakuya, which makes me think he'll be back soon, but he'll not have his Bankai, but then he'll get it back and when he does... As Nodt is fucked, like proper fucked, like elephant making love to a pig FUCKED. Also it leaves the other captains free to release Bankai, as they can either not be stolen, or if they ARE, they can be recoverd again.
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  10. #1390
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,898
    *cough* Not to disagree but if Shinsui couldn't handle Colonel then I don't think he can handle Beanpole. Not like this at least. Unless by some miracle he calls white on his bingo shikai thing and it works like crazy.

    So. Toshiro's sword broke. These Sternritter are just too damn strong. Idk where you got the idea Urahara was going to take back bankai, but I'm willing to bet we'll see a few Hollow Shinigami from his...uhhhh...that circle that Aizen was on about. I forgot the name.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Oh wait I missed a page lol.........................................................

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    and finally Kurotsuchi Vs.... No one, his opponent seems to have gotten bored and wandered off, so now he's just standing there talking to himself...
    I think...I think he already won lol.

  11. #1391
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Soooo anyone else feel like Hitsugaya was fighting Domon Kasshu? Seriously i CANNOT read his burner finger without thinking of well..THIS

    Last edited by Sorrior; 2013-10-02 at 11:08 PM.

  12. #1392
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,042
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Thoughts on 551!

    For me this was MUCH better than last week, true there was less 'action' but there was much MUCH more Shunsui, which makes everything better, now for the scene by scene:

    Shunsui Vs Hachwalth: oh man this fight is going to be so awsome... the Captain Commander of the Shinigami vs the Sternriiter Grandmaster, if this fight ISN'T legendary and doesn't feature both participants going full out (so Shunsui's Bankai and Hashwalth's Vollstandig) then I'll buy a ticket to go to Japan just to kick Kubo-san in the butt . Good to see lovely Nanao getting a chance to take sorta centre stage, cool that she can make anti-Quincy Kidou, just a shame it didn't do THAT much good... LOVED the bit with her and Shunsui "I was appointed Vice Captain for my ability with Kido" "Dont' say that, it wasn't JUST your ability with Kido" "Shut up captain..." Classic . Also, if Haschwalth thinks something as tiny as a bigass rock falling from the sky will kill ANY of the captains... he's really underestimating the .
    I agree on this part. They both are smart and observant. It won't be like the Starkk fight tho, especially now with Urahara knowing how to counter the Bankai stealing stuff Shunsui can go, and will, all out and will hope for aquick clean kill i assume.

    Hitsugaya vs Bazz-B prt II: Shiro-chan is getting a bit of a kicking really isn't it? I mean he's not doing BADLY, but he's 100% on the losing end of this fight... And now he has to fight the guy that stole his Bankai? Yeah this isn't going to end well AT all.
    Hitsugaya will need some help here i guess. I mean, Bazz already showed he could easily win as Hitsugaya is now. And that with "literally" 1 or 2 fingers. Now to fight his own Bankai while already half death? Oof. In before a Captain shows up to save his ass tho.

    and finally Kurotsuchi Vs.... No one, his opponent seems to have gotten bored and wandered off, so now he's just standing there talking to himself...: I'm really diggin Kurotsuchi's new outfit, even if he does look like some kind of demented sunflower
    So... if Hitsugaya and Sui Feng's reiatsu has vanished... Does that mean they're dead? I don't really mind, because they rank just above Dogbreath in terms of my rankings, but still kinda... anticlimactic, especially for Sui Feng. But then we get to the REAL meat of Kurotsuchi's chapter.... Urahara has done it! HE's found a way to recover Bankai! Given how Sui Feng and Hitsugaya are either dead or dying, it only REALLY effects Byakuya, which makes me think he'll be back soon, but he'll not have his Bankai, but then he'll get it back and when he does... As Nodt is fucked, like proper fucked, like elephant making love to a pig FUCKED. Also it leaves the other captains free to release Bankai, as they can either not be stolen, or if they ARE, they can be recoverd again.
    Well, Nakk le Vaar (french?) is "retreating" cause he wants to lure Kurotsuchi into his "domain". See it as Law's "Room". He just wants to fight on his terms and make it a quick kill instead of having to make a troublesome fight against Kurotsuchi.
    The outfit is to counter the "shadows" that took over Seireitei. Hence the hidden light room.

    What if the sudden vanished reiatsu means that Urahara gave them back their Bankai, improved and what not. That it is only temporarely gone cause they are retrieving their Bankais again? I doubt they will kill two people off this fast. Altho Hitsugaya can still be saved but Sui Feng seems to have dissapeared. Just like her opponent. So i guess we will see her again too.

    Every captain has a way of fighting without Bankai now, so we will see a combined strategy from each?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  13. #1393
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,822
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    *cough* Not to disagree but if Shinsui couldn't handle Colonel then I don't think he can handle Beanpole. Not like this at least. Unless by some miracle he calls white on his bingo shikai thing and it works like crazy.
    Don't forget that was his Shikai and it was fucking OP, now imagine what he'll be able to do once Urahara lets him unleash Bankai? Also you must note he was holding his own against Colonel, it was only the shock of Yama-ji dying that led to him getting shot a bunch
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  14. #1394
    Stood in the Fire Turin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    357
    Aaahaha Urahara did it again. No surprise there.
    Though, him and Kurotsuchi working together seems like a VERY interesting duo. Hope to see more of that.
    Putting that aside, it feels like a cheap way out IMO.

  15. #1395
    Bloodsail Admiral Kaj392's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Brabant
    Posts
    1,042
    Oh man, i am getting excited here.

    Altho it was all talking and stuff, it does sound very interesting as to where this is going. Hollowfied captains? What about the Vizard captains? Where they immune already?
    Will they all have a ressurreccions? Will they go half into their Bankai form?
    So far the only thing that can happen is that either the Quincy cannot use/steal Bankai anymore, but they won't/can't give it back or ofcourse, the captains that aren't dead yet are able to fight with their own power but the "Shadows" will be able to power the Quincy up and stuff like that.

    How badass would they be if they all got a ressurreccion form. I would be slightly dissapointed, but it would be cool on some.

    Anybody got a timemachine so we can skip to the end and just read from this point on? *_*
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

  16. #1396
    I am Murloc! Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    5,822
    I'm guessing they wont get ressuerreccion's Kaj, from what I understand the hollowfication is only momentary. Just long enough to "poison" the Bankai and prevent it from being stolen OR if the Bankai has already been stolen, to MASSIVELY damage the person that stole it. This way the captains that still have their Bankai can use them next week (lol Haschwalth is ffuucckkeedd) and the captains that had Bankai's stolen can use the new skills they learned over the previous chapters to defeat the already seriously injured Vandenreich that stole them.

    Overall it was a decent chapter, I liked Urahara's explanation, but other than that nothing REALLY happened. Well Okay Matsumoto kinda died.. maybe, but she was shit anyway. Mostly I liked this chapter because now the "cure" has been administered... the REAL fun can begin !
    Reading the A song of Ice and Fire series is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere and shoots the puppy, then punches you in the face

  17. #1397
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,898
    Urahara is badass. I thought the explanation was interesting.

    I guess this should lead to some interesting fights.

    Kekeke Urahara teasing Mayuri was fun.

  18. #1398
    Bloodsail Admiral Reluctant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,086
    This explanation has some holes in it.

    That sternritter in Heuco mundo absorbed Ayon yust a few chapters ago without beign poisoned.

    Ishida also went around absorbing stuff while in Heuco mundo with no prob.
    He also used Ichigo's power in one of the early chapters.

    O well, yust waiting for Shuinsui and Ukitake to start kicking some ass annyways. Get to the good stuff!

  19. #1399
    Legendary! Sorrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Anchorage Alaska
    Posts
    6,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    This explanation has some holes in it.

    That sternritter in Heuco mundo absorbed Ayon yust a few chapters ago without beign poisoned.

    Ishida also went around absorbing stuff while in Heuco mundo with no prob.
    He also used Ichigo's power in one of the early chapters.

    O well, yust waiting for Shuinsui and Ukitake to start kicking some ass annyways. Get to the good stuff!
    Well remember Uryuu isn't a pure quincy and he is only alive because he has something their leader does not..

  20. #1400
    Legendary! Blueobelisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,898
    Ishida absorbed stuff lol? Either way Ishida is a half blood so.....no big deal, since Ichigo is also half blood Quincy is also part Hollow rofl.

    That other guy with the sunglasses absorbed stuff?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •