That Soul Society arc was bootleg. You can't base power levels off that. Kenpachi defeats 2 captains with their bankai, and Ichigo beats him with a Shikai? That was just a point to be made. And then Ichigo needs a bankai to keep up with Byakuya and Getsuga Tenshou. It was typical only because Byakuya was set up as the main villain since he injured Ichigo and stole Rukia earlier.

Then Hollow Arc portrays Byakuya and Kenpachi as relatively equal and rivals. About right.

Then Byakuya has to be creative vs. that bookmark of end mother fucker and Kenpachi one shots the watch guy. Not a problem, still slightly equal.

Then Kenpachi beats 3 Sternritter and Byakuya gets owned. I'll attribute that to Kenpachi not relying on bankai, but I'd say if anyone had an upper leg it'd have been Kenpachi.

Now with this bootleg Squad Zero powerup I'll say they're equal again (only because Kenpachi's power is up, although if Kenpachi uses a bankai I'd say he'd be stronger than Byakuya).

So no, Byakuya wouldn't win.

But Kenpachi didn't really power up. He merely regained his old strenght :P
    If Kenpachi get's close>He wins.
    If Byakuya can keep his distance for a LOOOOOONG time, he will win :P

Kenpachi>Byakuya. By far.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Kenpachi>Byakuya. By far.
    Now... Maybe, we'll see what Byakuya learned with the Royal Guard.

But before, Zaraki's rediculous power-up? I think Byakuya had the edge. Kenpachi is a brawler, he has amazing melee strength but that's pretty much it, Byakuya has greater skill, speed and Kido... Not to mention Bankai .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    If we assume they will be relativity even in strength once we all see both power ups, based simply on fighting style Byakuya has the upper hand and should win. Kenpachi is a charging Rhino and doesn't care how much damage he takes (in facts he likes it) were as Byakuya is a more like a cheetah combined with the range of a bowman. He can either out maneuver or just simply overwhelm kenpachi with range.

Not to mention Kenpachi has no Kido skill what soever. Byakuya has shown to be out of the normal captains, the most versatile and skilled in quickly using different types of kido to suit the battle situation. Of course Kenpachi is a beast in terms of raw strength and power. But based purely on skill + abilities. Byakuya should take it. Of course who knows what Kubo will do with either of them.

They are both easily in the top 3(alive) captains rating's though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    If we assume they will be relativity even in strength once we all see both power ups, based simply on fighting style Byakuya has the upper hand and should win. Kenpachi is a charging Rhino and doesn't care how much damage he takes (in facts he likes it) were as Byakuya is a more like a cheetah combined with the range of a bowman. He can either out maneuver or just simply overwhelm kenpachi with range.

Not to mention Kenpachi has no Kido skill what soever. Byakuya has shown to be out of the normal captains, the most versatile and skilled in quickly using different types of kido to suit the battle situation. Of course Kenpachi is a beast in terms of raw strength and power. But based purely on skill + abilities. Byakuya should take it. Of course who knows what Kubo will do with either of them.

I dunno, Kenpachi is a beast, and who knows what his bankai can do if he ever awakens it ....

And those alive captains would be:

Shunsui
    Kenpachi
    Byakuya
    Toshiro
    Soi Fon
    Koma
    Shinji
    Uhhhhh one or two of those other fucking vizards.
    Unohana I guess
    Double sword cancer guy

Can't remember rest. I thought Shinji would be top 3, being a Vizard who was semi-on Aizen's level without hollowfying, but I fucking guess he's just some fodder.

Ya I guess you're right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    That Soul Society arc was bootleg. You can't base power levels off that. Kenpachi defeats 2 captains with their bankai, and Ichigo beats him with a Shikai?
    The thing is Ichigo didn't beat Kenpachi. It ended in a draw it was even said in both the anime and the manga the fight ended in a draw. Also he barrowed the powers of his sword to do it and maybe even a small amount of the hollow powers.

Also only reason Ichigo won vs Byakuya was because Hollow Ichigo stepped in.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account

Shunsui
    Kenpachi
    Byakuya
    Toshiro
    Soi Fon
    Koma
    Shinji
    Unohana I guess
    Double sword cancer guy

Can't remember rest. I thought Shinji would be top 3, being a Vizard who was semi-on Aizen's level without hollowfying, but I fucking guess he's just some fodder.

Ukitake and Shunsui are definitely the two strongest Captains not to receive a powerup, and neither one has yet to fight with their full power. Hopefully the last batch of fights shows off how strong the remaining captains really are, having them all get saved post whooping is getting kinda old.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Kenpachi's Bankai is actually always on, and it's ability is to make him as strong as he needs to be to defeat his enemy? it would explain why he always gets himself beaten up first before actually killing his enemies(he has to see how strong they are on his own skin in order for the bankai to have any effect, but ofc he still has his immense basic power so sometimes he just 1 shots ppl with that power without needing the bankai) and he's been in the bankai since he was born or w/e ... it would explain why even as a kid he was a beast and why he doesn't know his zanpaktou's name...

Didn't he not know his Zanpakto's name because he stole it from some Shinigami?

And that big squad zero guy names stuff. And the mohawk or whatever guy reforges swords. I think Kenpachi needed to go to Squad Zero more than Byakuya lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Shunsui
    Kenpachi
    Byakuya
    Toshiro
    Soi Fon
    Koma
    Shinji
    Unohana I guess
    Double sword cancer guy

On paper you'd think Shinji should be top 3, however based purely on what we have seen in his fights it doesn't seem to be the case. (plus Aizen was trolling the shit out of him)

Unohana is dead as far as we know. Ukitake again should be right up there but based on what we know/have seen and his illness he seems to have lost a lot of his former strength. To be honest im far more interested in seeing Shunsui's bankai than Kenpachi's. Now that will be some interesting shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    On paper you'd think Shinji should be top 3, however based purely on what we have seen in his fights it doesn't seem to be the case. (plus Aizen was trolling the shit out of him)

Unohana is dead as far as we know. Ukitake again should be right up there but based on what we know/have seen and his illness he seems to have lost a lot of his former strength. To be honest im far more interested in seeing Shunsui's bankai than Kenpachi's. Now that will be some interesting shit.
    as far as ukitake goes since he know has part of Juha's soul in him might that improve his physical condition? This goes for everyone in the soul society really
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

So instead of posting what i typed, i'll do this :P
    Kenpachi vs Senbonzakura
    And if that isn't enough
    Kenpachi vs Byakuya

Kenpachi's Reiatsu is already enough to stop a Senbonzakura Bankai.

Yes Byakuya is quicker and has some more "skills" outside of sword combat, but to be honest? It won't help him win vs Kenpachi, who basicly laughs it off.
    As for Byakuya's speed; Kenpachi can follow it with his eyes. Yes he isn't quick enough to always counteract, but he does see it. And when he caught Byakuya, it was almost a 1 hit KO.

Shunsui
    Kenpachi
    Byakuya
    Toshiro
    Soi Fon
    Koma
    Shinji
    Unohana I guess
    Double sword cancer guy

I don't know. Soi Fon CAN be strong with her Shikai/Bankai combo. She just needs to outspeed them and it's a 2 stab kill.

Also; Unohana is dead, remember? Kenpachi killed her.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    What if Kenpachi's Bankai is actually always on, and it's ability is to make him as strong as he needs to be to defeat his enemy? it would explain why he always gets himself beaten up first before actually killing his enemies(he has to see how strong they are on his own skin in order for the bankai to have any effect, but ofc he still has his immense basic power so sometimes he just 1 shots ppl with that power without needing the bankai) and he's been in the bankai since he was born or w/e ... it would explain why even as a kid he was a beast and why he doesn't know his zanpaktou's name...
    Not his Bankai, his Shikai. It's already explained that Kenpachi's power blablabla etc etc and that he doesn't hear the voice of his Shikai.
    Kenpachi also made himself (uncounsious(?)) weaker by sealing a part of his own power when he was a child. Whenever he gets beaten a lil part of him awakens again. So doubt it's his Shikai/Bankai power.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    as far as ukitake goes since he know has part of Juha's soul in him might that improve his physical condition? This goes for everyone in the soul society really
    Wait, what? Did i miss something? How is Ukitake part Quincy? O.o How did he get a part of Juha's soul? Or are you confusing Ukitake with Ishida?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I still cant get over the fact, that out of all the characters, its Rukia that has no fear.

What the actual fuck Kubo.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    I still cant get over the fact, that out of all the characters, its Rukia that has no fear.

In all seriousness, she kinda had her share of spooky scariness with Aaroniero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post

Really?

She has delt with quite a lot of fear during the bleach series. From her execution (with time to accept her fate while in solitary confinement) to doing battle with Espada #9 and dealing with the kien shiba head fuck I don't think its that far of a stretch to say that she has nothing to fear and instead trusts in her power.

Off topic: After lurking for 8 or 9 years on mmo champ I guess my first post should have been more wow related. meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Bushtuckrman View Post
    Really?

She has delt with quite a lot of fear during the bleach series. From her execution (with time to accept her fate while in solitary confinement) to doing battle with Espada #9 and dealing with the kien shiba head fuck I don't think its that far of a stretch to say that she has nothing to fear and instead trusts in her power.

Off topic: After lurking for 8 or 9 years on mmo champ I guess my first post should have been more wow related. meh.
    Pretty much this. And who says she doesn't have any fear? She is just not scared of As Nodt, that's all.

Welcome to the posters :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    So instead of posting what i typed, i'll do this :P
    Kenpachi vs Senbonzakura
    And if that isn't enough
    Kenpachi vs Byakuya

Kenpachi's Reiatsu is already enough to stop a Senbonzakura Bankai.

Yes Byakuya is quicker and has some more "skills" outside of sword combat, but to be honest? It won't help him win vs Kenpachi, who basicly laughs it off.
    As for Byakuya's speed; Kenpachi can follow it with his eyes. Yes he isn't quick enough to always counteract, but he does see it. And when he caught Byakuya, it was almost a 1 hit KO.

Errr... What?

Okay First: You can't use anything from Filler arcs to back up your point, for the simple fact that even KUBO SAN has gone on the record as saying nothing in Filler arcs matters, no matchups are definitive etc.

Kenpachi's Reiatsu is enough to stop a Bankai from the Senbonzakura SPIRIT, who is considerably weaker than Byakuya. In the second clip you linked Byakuya hits Zaraki with a Shikai Senbonzakura and it hits him easily and does a fair amount of damage.

As for Speed... Kenpachi is fast yes, fast enough to see Byakuya but as you said, not always fast enough to counteract him, which is what REALLY matters. And in what world did Byakuya get almost 1hit KO'd by Zaraki? Zaraki caught his blade, TRIED to hit Byakuya, who dodged at the last second, taking only a glancing blow and then carried on fighting on par with Zaraki, evne going so far as to flashstep and slash his arm.

That second fight you linked, which is to this point the only time that Zaraki and Byakuya have faught (even though niether were going full out, Byakuya was in Shikai and Zaraki still had his patch on) and it was at best an even match, both injured the other, neither really seemed to have the upper hand.

But again, none of that matters, because as I said and more importantly as KUBO SAN said, Filler fights don't matter, until Byakuya and Zaraki have a proper fight, where they both go all out IN THE MANGA, then all we can do is speculate. Also until we see how they've both increased in power in this arc, any previous matchups are invalid, as they're both basically new fighters at this point.

Also... fucking hell the voiceovers in the English dub are terribad :P, lets talk about THAT for now eh?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Also... fucking hell the voiceovers in the English dub are terribad :P, lets talk about THAT for now eh?

I couldn't even watch those videos..... those voices are horrible. I feel sorry for anyone that watches the dub version.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    I couldn't even watch those videos..... those voices are horrible. I feel sorry for anyone that watches the dub version.
    Not all of them are shite, but Kenpachi and Byakuya are particularly bad. I think it's safe to say that all anime have some actors that sound better in English and some in Japanese. For example, I prefer English Kakashi and Goku to Japanese Kakashi and Goku, but to each his own.
    BfA Beta Time