Which black edge do you mean? The sword is still the same cause it was always in Shikai. Or am i misunderstanding something?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Bottom left panel. It's just a shadow on his shirt from the sword being at an angle above it though.

ok, so re-reading the chapter again(3rd time), something occurred to me... What if the "name" he inherited from unohana wasn't Kenpachi, but the name of a Zanpakuto? We now know that the guy in the Zero Squad can make a new Zanpakuto, so would it be reasonable to think that the Zanpakuto Kenny has WAS unohana's at one point, and the one she had been wielding she got when she renounced her killing ways? A bankai is supposed to be a reflection of the strength of the soul IIRC, so that wouldn't change, but the shikai could possibly change, we have seen something similar with that guy in 11th squad(I forget his name)

Didn't he steal that Zanpakto off a random Shinigami who was in his area. And wasn't Unohana still a murderer when they met since she was the one who made the pile of dead bodies, plus a Shinigami said she was looking for a strong opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Didn't he steal that Zanpakto off a random Shinigami who was in his area. And wasn't Unohana still a murderer when they met since she was the one who made the pile of dead bodies, plus a Shinigami said she was looking for a strong opponent.
    No, he jacked an asauchi off of a dead shinigami eventually making it his own zanpakuto. As for was she a murderer, hard to say, but she was a captain.
    Last edited by Lord Swizzlington; 2014-03-21 at 11:21 PM.

He took a Asauchi when he was a lil kid. The pile of corpses Zaraki was sitting on, was his :P Not Unohana's as she was looking for a oppononent to fight that was strong enough. By then Zaraki already had his Shikai.

It is possible that in their first fight Zaraki already knew his Shikai's name and that by restraining himself he lost the "power" to hear his Shikai's voice. Now that he has his real power back again he can once again hear it (Unohana's "curse")

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Which black edge do you mean? The sword is still the same cause it was always in Shikai. Or am i misunderstanding something?
    It was an error on my part. The first scan was darker making the shadow look like part of the blade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    No, he jacked an asauchi off of a dead shinigami eventually making it his own zanpakuto. As for was she a murderer, hard to say, but she was a captain.
    There was talk of her being a gang leader before Yama recruited her. I can't remember who said it now, but I think it was during their flashback. So likely she was, and they called a truce of sorts.

All we know was that she was a criminal before Yamamoto recruited her. Not sure if it was a gang leader or not but doesn't really matter i guess

The flashback with Zaraki she was the captain already, they were on a mission to find some criminals but Unohana actually wanted to fight somebody strong :P

Can't Kenpachi just rip that dude in two with his bare hands? Getting sick of him already. Mask the Masculine was actually amusing for a bit. This dude has been annoying, arrogant and obnoxious from the moment he arrived. I guess that means Kubo is doing a good job creating a character I can't stand, though.

Hope he dies a painful death.
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Well it's good to see the keyboard activists in full effect. Doing the laziest, most asinine thing they could think of off the top of their heads and calling it justice while making no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by C9H20
    Blizzard effectively wants to have its cake and eat it too by pretending to have this groundbreaking war in a faction capital while at the same time being completely unwilling to portray logical consequences of such an event.

Well, as long as his mind works he can just imagine himself being back together so. The skull has to be cracked or his mind has to be broken for Zaraki to win.

Awesome that he can finally hide his Reiatsu now. I wonder if it's cause his Shikai of his own real power.

I don't completely get the last page tho... Yachiru is back to normal, but she is still in a shock? That means...Zaraki has to fight 1 on 1 till Yachiru is snapped out of her shock and can fight. Then Zaraki will distract Guremi and Yachiru will strike him from behind.

Idk I like this weirdo. Fight is kind of boring but I like the V.

Btw wtf was that random shinigami saying about not sensing Kenpachi's Reiatsu until that wall formed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Awesome that he can finally hide his Reiatsu now. I wonder if it's cause his Shikai of his own real power.
    It sounds like his shikai is like Ichigo's bankai. He is the embodiment of its power, and always has been. Now he understands this, and knows that he can control himself and his shikai.

I don't completely get the last page tho... Yachiru is back to normal, but she is still in a shock? That means...Zaraki has to fight 1 on 1 till Yachiru is snapped out of her shock and can fight. Then Zaraki will distract Guremi and Yachiru will strike him from behind.
    This almost sounds like Kenny is about to go "Yachiru, you understand now? Alright. He's yours. I'm leaving." Then the most imaginative of Soul Society turns his powers against him. It fits his personality to figure out someone's power, then leave because its not worth his time. In fact him even stepping in during Yachiru's fight is almost out of character. Almost. He does look at her as his daughter in his own way. Though a repeat of Byakuya/Rukia would be a little weak this soon after.

Not a bad chapter, WORLDS better than last weeks

I'm starting to kinda dig Gremmy, he doesn't just say "I've imagined you dead, I win lolz" he sets up traps and weird combos, love it.

I've got to wonder though... Does Zaraki REALLY not know what a Cookie is... Or was he just doing that to try and break Gremmy's concentration, by making him think of other foods so that Yachiru's bones heal?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

So I guess we can spoil it here?
    Probably gonna take all the fun of rest of the fight...
    Just want a "I told you so" saved
    His ability backfired and Kenpachi is from Yachiru Imagination(Kids/imagination/not feeling his reiatsu/etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    His ability backfired and Kenpachi is from Yachiru Imagination(Kids/imagination/not feeling his reiatsu/etc)
    Yeah that's what I figured as well. Well, not exactly Yachiru, but one of them imagined him there. This Kenpachi is just like the one from before his fight with Unohana, with no development in power or character, which makes me think he isn't real. That, and the fact that no one felt his reiatsu, which sounds odd when you consider he got even stronger since being gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Yeah that's what I figured as well. Well, not exactly Yachiru, but one of them imagined him there. This Kenpachi is just like the one from before his fight with Unohana, with no development in power or character, which makes me think he isn't real. That, and the fact that no one felt his reiatsu, which sounds odd when you consider he got even stronger since being gone.
    I don't know. The conversation with Isane implies a degree of knowledge that neither of them should have had. I'm of the opinion that learning his zanpakutou's name allowed him to learn to control his reiatsu to the level of the other Captains. Though Yachiru being the secret to this fight fits. Her previous fights were anticlimatic given the build-up.

Ya I reread the chapter. I think that is Kenpachi. I think the V will die, I don't think Kenpachi will just tag out.

Now...if a bankai is involved in that, I'd be very mad. Not even a bankai, if a Shikai ability is involved it'd be too much. Maybe Kenpachi can take his eyepatch off, but that's it.

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    can i just bring up how shitty I think this arc is. Its very slow, has horrible plot devices, and makes weak characters so OP they can kill enemies who can kill multiple captains.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    This almost sounds like Kenny is about to go "Yachiru, you understand now? Alright. He's yours. I'm leaving." Then the most imaginative of Soul Society turns his powers against him. It fits his personality to figure out someone's power, then leave because its not worth his time. In fact him even stepping in during Yachiru's fight is almost out of character. Almost. He does look at her as his daughter in his own way. Though a repeat of Byakuya/Rukia would be a little weak this soon after.
    Well i wouldn't really see him leaving cause what could be stronger then imagination? Guremi hasn't even used Vollstandig, god knows what he can do then. But yeah, i agree. It would be too, well, dumb i guess if it would be a speech "oh you can do it just do this and that and you'll win".

Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Did you read some future chapter or is it just a speculation? It COULD be true. Yachiru panicked and imagined Kenpachi was there. But i hope its the real Kenpachi. It seems more logical for it being the real Kenpachi. It would be logical for Guremi to know his own powers. Beside, how would Yachiru get the power of imagination all of a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    can i just bring up how shitty I think this arc is. Its very slow, has horrible plot devices, and makes weak characters so OP they can kill enemies who can kill multiple captains.
    Slow? No. It feels more as rushed. Fight's are just so easily over. Captain's that never had a spotlight didn't get one either now. Show Bankai>Get off stage. Show new obtained power>GTFO! You did your job, you got 2, maybe 3 chapters of show time and if you ain't a popular character you are gone. Next one. Poof. Same thing again.
    The weak characters (i guess you mean Renji/Rukia here), they had training with Squad Zero so yeah... I agree with the plots tho. Oh i can Bankai all of a sudden, oh i didn't know the correct name. OH WELL! You just beated 2 Vizard captains during their Bankai while they literally did nothing? Hah, lemme do this guys.

It's almost like Bleach has to be done before the end of the year...
    We got plenty of Sternritter left, and a lot of captains already got their ass kicked / made a appearance. Let's just hope the main battles (Ichigo / Byakuya / Kenpachi / Shunsui) will be awesome and NOT rushed like the others... (Yes i do hope this Kenpachi fight is not his only one, come on. It's nothing for him. Not even sure if Byakuya will fight...)

Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    I really hate how the captains got their bankais back.... that was just stupid, and that angelic form the quincys have seems very weak compared even though they seem to really overpower anyone else before they get over powered by some bankai....

the fights may go by fast, but the rest is super slow.....

I mean that creepypasta quincy lasted what felt like forever

- - - Updated - - -

so cool, so creepy... gets the short end of the stick

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Happy Hunting! ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ