This is how I think he got his powers:

I think Ichigo was always half quincy and half shinigami because of his mother and father. He got his shinigami powers first because 1. His dad is a shinigami and 2. Rukia used her zanpakuto on Ichigo in the beginning of the series before his quincy powers came to the surface. His hollow powers were obviously from transforming into a hollow while training. He got his fullbring from training with Kugo and if you notice, his fullbring was a projectile throwing attack. I think Ichigo's mother was a quincy (related to Ryuken somehow) and him learning his fullbring brought his quincy powers to life.

There, I'm done.
    Last edited by VashCrow; 2012-10-26 at 08:55 AM.

They haven't really explained the whole plot with Ichigo's father apparently being a captain level+ shinigami, or why Aizen wanted to get access to the king of soul society. Seems that squad zero is about to be introduced, which you assume Ichigo eventually has to fight.

The problem with these anime/manga is that they eventually seem to deteriorate into DBZ style arena formats where it is just an endless series of 1v1 fights making up each arc. The specific problem with the Bleach anime is that so much of the filler completely sucked, and they took so many liberties with the Bleach universe that I feel like the fillers send the entire anime off the rails (unless you just pretend that the majority of it just never happened once it goes back to the main arcs).
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    They haven't really explained the whole plot with Ichigo's father apparently being a captain level+ shinigami, or why Aizen wanted to get access to the king of soul society. Seems that squad zero is about to be introduced, which you assume Ichigo eventually has to fight.

The problem with these anime/manga is that they eventually seem to deteriorate into DBZ style arena formats where it is just an endless series of 1v1 fights making up each arc. The specific problem with the Bleach anime is that so much of the filler completely sucked, and they took so many liberties with the Bleach universe that I feel like the fillers send the entire anime off the rails (unless you just pretend that the majority of it just never happened once it goes back to the main arcs).
    Kubo stated in an interview Isshin hasn't actually really been seen much by SS because he has something or some bit of information they need.

And also his background is supposed to be explained this Arc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Huh... Well, I'm guessing Juha was being metaphorical and not literal when he referred to Ichigo as, "My son, born in the darkness." I'm hoping he is saying it in a, "As head of the Quincies, being a young subordinate of mine (albeit an unwilling one), I'll refer to you with an affectionate label for young men.". Cos if Ichigo isn't Isshin's biological son, how the hell do you explain the similarity in the Kurosaki's fighting styles (specifically sharing getsuga, despite never training together).

Also, while it's cool to explore more of the Kurosaki family's past and the nature of Ichi's mother (and having her be a quincy), it sure does make Ichigo one of the biggest Mary-Sue's in manga right now... A shinigami-hollow-fullbring-quincy. Come on, Kubo-san!! >.<

I...give me a few to type out a full response.

My brain is still recovering.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Huh... Well, I'm guessing Juha was being metaphorical and not literal when he referred to Ichigo as, "My son, born in the darkness." I'm hoping he is saying it in a, "As head of the Quincies, being a young subordinate of mine (albeit an unwilling one), I'll refer to you with an affectionate label for young men.". Cos if Ichigo isn't Isshin's biological son, how the hell do you explain the similarity in the Kurosaki's fighting styles (specifically sharing getsuga, despite never training together).

Also, while it's cool to explore more of the Kurosaki family's past and the nature of Ichi's mother (and having her be a quincy), it sure does make Ichigo one of the biggest Mary-Sue's in manga right now... A shinigami-hollow-fullbring-quincy. Come on, Kubo-san!! >.<
    He's part Quincy and Human who has Shinigami powers....................Christ. He's not part everything.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 01:38 PM ----------

OKAY I'm sane again.

Anyways it makes sense.

Aizen said in the previous arc he knew the truth about Ichigo's birth.

I feel like if anything, Juha Bach might be Ichigo's grandfather.

Cuz, think about it. Isshin can use Getsuga Tensho, and so can Ichigo. It makes sense he'd be his Dad.

But, yeah, we'll see I guess. I might be wrong..

Also, I bet Haschwald cut off Ichigo's Blade cuz Ichigo isn't connected to Zangetsu currently.

It's like what happened when Ichigo encountered Byakuya for the first time and he cut his giant sword in half like it was nothing.

So, yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post

I know it sounds a bit "stupid", but from what I understand, Ichigo is a full Quincy, he's not a Shinigam. He is a Quincy that can have Shinigami powers, maybe this means that all Quincy, with the same training as Ichigo(maybe?) can also have Shinigami powers, that would explain why these Quincy are so powerful. Also, he is a Quincy with Shinigami powers yes, the Hollow part is I don't know how he got it, it was during his training to get his powers back, but how did that show up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My my.... This chapter, was, something.

So, apparently, Ichigo doesn't know he has Quincy powers, also, he doesn't seem to know that he even has Blut Vene on, lol.

The jail part, not expecting it, but it's understandable, in the matter of how he got his Quincy powers active. Apparently, he absorbed the other dude's Quincy reaitusu and it activated Ichigo's, nice, not bad to be honest. Now I just want to know how he got out. I wouldn't admire if he managed to get out once the jail realized Ichigo is a Quincy, though I am not sure if it's that because it's not very explicit, the explanation on how he got out.

So, we now know for certain that his Mother is(was?) a Quincy and Juha, apparently, knows a lot about his Mother and everything Quincy related.

We already saw that Aizen did something to Juha, with his shikai, why? I don't know, but I guess we will guess some time later the why Aizen did what he did.

We also know now, that Ichigo is no match to Juha, not even his subordinate, considering he broke Ichigo's sword, in its bankai form, with a single strike.

Now, what could we see in the next chapter? Maybe we'll see Ichigo wanting to talk to his father or maybe Kisuke, doubtful, though, I'm sure the next chapter will be showing us the mystery man/woman that saved Kisuke in the Hollow world or this is the part that the Ishidas' will show up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    OKAY I'm sane again.

Anyways it makes sense.

Aizen said in the previous arc he knew the truth about Ichigo's birth.

I feel like if anything, Juha Bach might be Ichigo's grandfather.

Cuz, think about it. Isshin can use Getsuga Tensho, and so can Ichigo. It makes sense he'd be his Dad.

But, yeah, we'll see I guess. I might be wrong..

Also, I bet Haschwald cut off Ichigo's Blade cuz Ichigo isn't connected to Zangetsu currently.

It's like what happened when Ichigo encountered Byakuya for the first time and he cut his giant sword in half like it was nothing.

So, yeah.
    Yeah, maybe that's when Aizen will make his appearance, again, to tell Ichigo about his past and his mother and that? Also, why and how does Aizen knows all this?

Juha being Ichigo's grandfather? Hm.. It's a possibility, it would make sense to why he said to Ichigo "My son, born in the darkness"?

I don't understand why Ichigo isn't connected to Zangetsu, what does that mean? That Zangetsu left him or something? Or was it because he lost his powers and regained them back without speaking to Zangetsu?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I know it sounds a bit "stupid", but from what I understand, Ichigo is a full Quincy, he's not a Shinigam. He is a Quincy that can have Shinigami powers, maybe this means that all Quincy, with the same training as Ichigo(maybe?) can also have Shinigami powers, that would explain why these Quincy are so powerful. Also, he is a Quincy with Shinigami powers yes, the Hollow part is I don't know how he got it, it was during his training to get his powers back, but how did that show up?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My my.... This chapter, was, something.

So, apparently, Ichigo doesn't know he has Quincy powers, also, he doesn't seem to know that he even has Blut Vene on, lol.

The jail part, not expecting it, but it's understandable, in the matter of how he got his Quincy powers active. Apparently, he absorbed the other dude's Quincy reaitusu and it activated Ichigo's, nice, not bad to be honest. Now I just want to know how he got out. I wouldn't admire if he managed to get out once the jail realized Ichigo is a Quincy, though I am not sure if it's that because it's not very explicit, the explanation on how he got out.

So, we now know for certain that his Mother is(was?) a Quincy and Juha, apparently, knows a lot about his Mother and everything Quincy related.

We already saw that Aizen did something to Juha, with his shikai, why? I don't know, but I guess we will guess some time later the why Aizen did what he did.

We also know now, that Ichigo is no match to Juha, not even his subordinate, considering he broke Ichigo's sword, in its bankai form, with a single strike.

Now, what could we see in the next chapter? Maybe we'll see Ichigo wanting to talk to his father or maybe Kisuke, doubtful, though, I'm sure the next chapter will be showing us the mystery man/woman that saved Kisuke in the Hollow world or this is the part that the Ishidas' will show up?

Yeah, maybe that's when Aizen will make his appearance, again, to tell Ichigo about his past and his mother and that? Also, why and how does Aizen knows all this?

Juha being Ichigo's grandfather? Hm.. It's a possibility, it would make sense to why he said to Ichigo "My son, born in the darkness"?

I don't understand why Ichigo isn't connected to Zangetsu, what does that mean? That Zangetsu left him or something? Or was it because he lost his powers and regained them back without speaking to Zangetsu?
    Basically, Ichigo regained his powers from Rukia and all them, right?

Not once has he called out Zangetsu's name.

It's literally the same thing that happened at the beginning of Bleach.

Ichigo was super powerful, then got curb stomped by Byakuya like he was honestly nothing.

I just don't think they're currently connected, but will be soon.

The Invasion is over. It's time for SS to lick their wounds, gather the losses, regroup, get some answers, and counter attack.

Zero Squad incoming soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Basically, Ichigo regained his powers from Rukia and all them, right?

Not once has he called out Zangetsu's name.

It's literally the same thing that happened at the beginning of Bleach.

Ichigo was super powerful, then got curb stomped by Byakuya like he was honestly nothing.

I just don't think they're currently connected, but will be soon.

The Invasion is over. It's time for SS to lick their wounds, gather the losses, regroup, get some answers, and counter attack.

Zero Squad incoming soon.
    Ah, yes, now that you mention it. Ichigo at the start never called out his sword's name, and I haven't seen he do it now to be honest, so that makes sense.

About SS, I thought it would be more destroyed than it already is... Meh.

Zero Squad? I don't know, I think it's too soon for them yet. I think I'd rather seen the Ishida's now and what they are going to do with all that has happened.

I'd say stop now if that aizen arc is done (I only watched the first few....hundred episodes of the anime).

Now what we need is a reboot. Bleach sword fighting on motorcycles!

Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-10-31 at 09:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Ichigo: 50% Quincy, 50% Shinigami, 50% Hollow, 50% Fullbringer, 50% Sea weed.

Man, his powerless sisters must be feeling like shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    that was.... kinda epic

Okay so we all called him mum being a Quincy, no real surprise there.

On to the rest of the chapter though...
    Haschwald cutting Zengetsu... not THAT surprising, Ichigo getting pwnt is nothing new, add in that his Shinigami powers are probably in major flux at the moment and it's not at all surprising.
    Haschwald seeming ordering the retreat... True this could just be because he's the Quincy Timekeeper or something, but... could he be higher in the ranks that Juha?

Alot to think about, love it, can't wait for next week.

I'm guessing we'll get a couple of chapters or R&R, maybe Byakuya's funeral and (fingers frakking crossed) Shunsui and some of the lesser injured being healed up back to fighting strength, THEN I think Ichigo will head back to the real world to have a serious talk with his Dad (Isshin is his dad, that much isn't up for discussion, but as Ichimum is a Quincy, Juha COULD be her dad) then we'll see what happened to Urahara, then probably a large flashback arc.

I don't think we'll be seeing the Vandenreich for a while and we sure as fuck wont be seeing Squad 0 till the very end of the arc.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'd say stop now if that aizen arc is done (I only watched the first few....hundred episodes of the anime).

Now what we need is a reboot. Bleach sword fighting on motorcycles!

[video=youtube;_kARubpGq9I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kARubpGq9I[video]
    Annoying voices. xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Ichigo: 50% Quincy, 50% Shinigami, 50% Hollow, 50% Fullbringer, 50% Sea weed.

Man, his powerless sisters must be feeling like shit.
    I am so tempted to use this as a signature... Oh my god, so tempted....
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    that was.... kinda epic

Okay so we all called him mum being a Quincy, no real surprise there.

On to the rest of the chapter though...
    Haschwald cutting Zengetsu... not THAT surprising, Ichigo getting pwnt is nothing new, add in that his Shinigami powers are probably in major flux at the moment and it's not at all surprising.
    Haschwald seeming ordering the retreat... True this could just be because he's the Quincy Timekeeper or something, but... could he be higher in the ranks that Juha?

Alot to think about, love it, can't wait for next week.

I'm guessing we'll get a couple of chapters or R&R, maybe Byakuya's funeral and (fingers frakking crossed) Shunsui and some of the lesser injured being healed up back to fighting strength, THEN I think Ichigo will head back to the real world to have a serious talk with his Dad (Isshin is his dad, that much isn't up for discussion, but as Ichimum is a Quincy, Juha COULD be her dad) then we'll see what happened to Urahara, then probably a large flashback arc.

I don't think we'll be seeing the Vandenreich for a while and we sure as fuck wont be seeing Squad 0 till the very end of the arc.
    Quincy Timekeeper? That is?

I might agree that Haschwald might be higher in rank than Juha, somehow, it's hard to figure it out to be honest, I still haven't, I need to read this episode again.

Next week we'll probably see Byakuya's funeral, if he died(I HOPE HE DIDN'T!), and I'm sure the others that didn't died are getting heal.

Like I said in previous posts, the next few episodes will be of either the Ishidas' or Ichigo's family story and stuff like that, maybe both.

Byakuya died, he is one of the first 'main' characters who actually died.
    I hope Kenpachi is still alive :<

Most likely the next episodes will be over both Ishida's family and Ichigo's. Something like Ichigo's mom being Ishida's dad. It's all WTFH JUST HAPPENED NOW already so yeah...Not suprised by anything anymore.

Also; inb4 Urahara is part of the 0 Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Also; inb4 Urahara is part of the 0 Squad
    Never thought of it like that!!!

If SS is destroyed or is beyond repair, I wouldn't admire myself if Kisuke entered the Squad 0 and started doing a bunch of changes like he did in SS, in terms of technology and stuff. If this happens it could mean that SS will transform into Squad 0, or Squad 0 and the Soul King will now remain in SS or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    inb4 end of arc when ichigo wakes up from a coma

Never thought of it like that!!!

If SS is destroyed or is beyond repair, I wouldn't admire myself if Kisuke entered the Squad 0 and started doing a bunch of changes like he did in SS, in terms of technology and stuff. If this happens it could mean that SS will transform into Squad 0, or Squad 0 and the Soul King will now remain in SS or something.
    The guy is just too smart and i doubt we have seen his true strenght. He could fight against Aizen and thought of a way to actually imprison him when he was 'godmode' so yeah.

Wasn't a friend of him in the Squad?

Soul King and Squad 0 aren't in SS, i think it was Juha who already said they would leave so Squad 0 could come.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    inb4 end of arc when ichigo wakes up from a coma
    Why would you think that would happen?

---------- Post added 2012-10-31 at 02:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    The guy is just too smart and i doubt we have seen his true strenght. He could fight against Aizen and thought of a way to actually imprison him when he was 'godmode' so yeah.

Wasn't a friend of him in the Squad?

Soul King and Squad 0 aren't in SS, i think it was Juha who already said they would leave so Squad 0 could come.
    Yeah, I know that Kisuke could handle Aizen, well to be honest, he couldn't, because of the Hōgyoku, but if he didn't had it, Aizen himself told Kisuke that he could have killed him and that Kisuke surpassed his intelligence.

And no, Kisuke wasn't friends of the ex-captain that went to the Squad 0, atleast, if he is or not, well, we just don't know, we only know that he was the next captain or Squad 12 and that was it.

10+ Year Old Account
    what if Ichigo's full-bringer powers were able to control a Quincy power's

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    what if Ichigo's full-bringer powers were able to control a Quincy power's
    Nope. He has his powers because of his mother, she's a Quincy he was able to get these powers because of the prison he was in, the one that Quincy put Ichigo in. If you read the lastest episode Juha Bach explains it pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quincy Timekeeper? That is?

I might agree that Haschwald might be higher in rank than Juha, somehow, it's hard to figure it out to be honest, I still haven't, I need to read this episode again.
    Quincy Timekeeper is me being flippant . It seems that the Quincy are only able to stay in Seireitei for a certain amount of time, so it's possible that Haschwald, while still lower rank that Juha, could just be the guy in charge of keeping an eye on that clock, hence, Quincy Timekeeper . I'm hoping that this isn't the case though, and Hashwald turns out to be a mack, as judging by how easily he slicing Zangetsu in half, he CLEARLY has mad powah .

and sorry... but Byakuya is dead :'( we saw Senbonzakura disintegrate, which can only be a sign of his passing.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30