10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    God no. I hated Petrilli exactly because of that, he was just so stupid in the show because he had powers that he clearly didn't know how to use, and look how that turn up.

I prefer Ichigo the way it is, with no powers that suck off others'.

As for Ichigo getting a bow, like Gallahadd said, he won't give up on Zangetsu so easily, if at all. I'm sure he'll be able to restore him.
    Acrually i was thinking more along the lines of a reiatsu sponge basically absorbing reiatsu the way most people breath air. Just a little bit but boy does it build up.

And that he acquired other races powers by absorbing enough of their unique reiatsu that the same energy became a part of him.

In short the longer he even hangs around things the more power he gets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Acrually i was thinking more along the lines of a reiatsu sponge basically absorbing reiatsu the way most people breath air. Just a little bit but boy does it build up.

And that he acquired other races powers by absorbing enough of their unique reiatsu that the same energy became a part of him.

In short the longer he even hangs around things the more power he gets.
    Ah! That is totally different from what I perceived from Gallahadd's post.

Yes, that I wouldn't mind, but more like a boost to his powers when he fights someone, is that it? If so, then yeah, something like that would be nice.

Not sure about gaining an opponent's abilities, momentarily, but I guess it could work, but dunno, I just don't like that concept very much because Ichigo isn't the kind of guy who can learn stuff when he gets new powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry on phone so had some issues.

Basically the sponge idea covers why he got ALL not just part of rukias powers, why hid dads powers took so long to return(he was syphoning it by accident) why he has nearly limitless power(he's ALWAYS restoring it), why he acquired a bankai so quickly as well as hollow powers(basically soul societies extremely large amount of reiatsu gave him the power to use a bankai easily and he'd fought so many hollows that his reiatsu was tainted/powered up by hollow reiatsu).

Could even explain why his hollow form evolved(hueco mundo and so many hollows gave him even MORE hollow based reiatsu) and so on.

Basically he wouldn't be an "empath" but more like a literal sponge for spiritual power. But the momemt i thought that i knew Kubo wouldn't go that way LOL.

---------- Post added 2012-11-18 at 01:22 AM ----------

Ah! That is totally different from what I perceived from Gallahadd's post.

Yes, that I wouldn't mind, but more like a boost to his powers when he fights someone, is that it? If so, then yeah, something like that would be nice.

Not sure about gaining an opponent's abilities, momentarily, but I guess it could work, but dunno, I just don't like that concept very much because Ichigo isn't the kind of guy who can learn stuff when he gets new powers.
    Well as i see it he's ALWAYS gained more stregnth and mastered new powers while fighting so he was basically just making that TYPE of energy a part of him not their specific powers.

Maybe write it so it worked like an earth shield variant and for every attack he takes a small amount of it is ansorbed into his own natural reiatsu. Building up more and more till he can utilize their STYLE of powers as well.

While reiatsu heavy areas basically grant him a MAJOR boost by being around so much.

But sadly Kubo didn't think that way. I still remember telling a guildy this idea snd he was stunned at how much sense it made LOL.

Deleted
    Sorry on phone so had some issues.

Basically the sponge idea covers why he got ALL not just part of rukias powers, why hid dads powers took so long to return(he was syphoning it by accident) why he has nearly limitless power(he's ALWAYS restoring it), why he acquired a bankai so quickly as well as hollow powers(basically soul societies extremely large amount of reiatsu gave him the power to use a bankai easily and he'd fought so many hollows that his reiatsu was tainted/powered up by hollow reiatsu).

Could even explain why his hollow form evolved(hueco mundo and so many hollows gave him even MORE hollow based reiatsu) and so on.

Basically he wouldn't be an "empath" but more like a literal sponge for spiritual power. But the momemt i thought that i knew Kubo wouldn't go that way LOL.
    Hm... Yeah, I like this idea and this could be the case, well, I think it is this case! But that will depend on Kubo, I guess.

As for the Shinigami and Quincy powers, I don't think he could have sponged them, I mean, he just got them because he was born from a person with Shinigami and Quincy powers.

But for the rest, like the Hollows powers, yes, I believe that and I like that idea if that's the case.

As for his bankai, not true, he achieved bankai because of the training that Kisuke invented, yeah, he can use bankai but that doesn't mean he can use it to the fullest, I'm sure Kisuke couldn't too when he achieved it.

Also, I do believe that it is easier to do bankai on SS or Hueco Mundo simply because the air is filled with reiatsu, unlike Earth, that's why Ichigo couldn't do bankai in the Bounto Arc.

Doesn't change the fact that he THOUGHT he knew he had the correct information on both their bankais, you know?

Kurotsuchi had info, it was just the wrong one, atleast on Aizen's, I don't know about Gin's.
    So you think Mayuri heard Gin's information about 1.3 km and 500x speed of sound and didn't actually check if it was legit or not?

Please, don't discredit Mayuri lol. He's perceptive enough to notice everything about everyone's bankais but you don't think he'd notice Gin lying about that stuff?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    So you think Mayuri heard Gin's information about 1.3 km and 500x speed of sound and didn't actually check if it was legit or not?

Please, don't discredit Mayuri lol. He's perceptive enough to notice everything about everyone's bankais but you don't think he'd notice Gin lying about that stuff?
    Aizen's shikai!!!

Aizen's shikai!!

What does Aizen's shikai do? That's why Kurotsuchi has the wrong information about his and Aizen's bankai.

Also, I don't want to sound stupid, but I have no idea if Korutsuchi even has info on their bankais or not, whether it's fake or true, and I don't even remember him mentioning something like this, unless you mean the last chapter which I saw.

All this that I am saying, is based on logic reasoning, my logic reasoning, you know?

Aizen I can see swindling him, but not Gin.

I'm just wondering why Mayuri didn't warn everyone about Gin's bankai abilities for Operation: Occupy Karakura.

Edit: What do you mean last chapter. I mean the chapter 516. http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/516/6 Bottom right panels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... Yeah, I like this idea and this could be the case, well, I think it is this case! But that will depend on Kubo, I guess.

As for the Shinigami and Quincy powers, I don't think he could have sponged them, I mean, he just got them because he was born from a person with Shinigami and Quincy powers.

But for the rest, like the Hollows powers, yes, I believe that and I like that idea if that's the case.

As for his bankai, not true, he achieved bankai because of the training that Kisuke invented, yeah, he can use bankai but that doesn't mean he can use it to the fullest, I'm sure Kisuke couldn't too when he achieved it.

Also, I do believe that it is easier to do bankai on SS or Hueco Mundo simply because the air is filled with reiatsu, unlike Earth, that's why Ichigo couldn't do bankai in the Bounto Arc.
    I can agree to the hybrid bit. But you may have misunderstood some of my thoughts.

Basically as i see it the spong idea woulda been mice for bankai because while he WOULD have gotten it it just made it a little bit easier. Essentially aided his special training.

The quincy powers would've been explained that way because he had only really fought Uryu a few times. But after the amount he got from that run in with them(and basically being trapped in straight up quincy power) he absorbed enough to gain their powers.

Shinigami wise rukia intended to give h SOME power but instead his sponge ability could've made it so when the gate was opened he just sucked it all up.

And actually thinking about it kubo could STILL make this the case considering that Quincy absorb reiatsu it could be that he has ALWAYS had that power running in the background his whole life. And since he lived in dainas apartment he just absorbed a shitton over his life.

At least i hope this is how plays out.

Deleted
    Aizen I can see swindling him, but not Gin.

I'm just wondering why Mayuri didn't warn everyone about Gin's bankai abilities for Operation: Occupy Karakura.

Edit: What do you mean last chapter. I mean the chapter 516. http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/516/6 Bottom right panels.
    Gin was working with Aizen. If you remember the 2 or 3 arc, aizen can make his one sword transform into someone, speak, feel, emotions, etc, an illusion, so it's possible that Aizen used his shikai to deceive Kurotsuchi.
    I can agree to the hybrid bit. But you may have misunderstood some of my thoughts.

Basically as i see it the spong idea woulda been mice for bankai because while he WOULD have gotten it it just made it a little bit easier. Essentially aided his special training.

The quincy powers would've been explained that way because he had only really fought Uryu a few times. But after the amount he got from that run in with them(and basically being trapped in straight up quincy power) he absorbed enough to gain their powers.

Shinigami wise rukia intended to give h SOME power but instead his sponge ability could've made it so when the gate was opened he just sucked it all up.

And actually thinking about it kubo could STILL make this the case considering that Quincy absorb reiatsu it could be that he has ALWAYS had that power running in the background his whole life. And since he lived in dainas apartment he just absorbed a shitton over his life.

At least i hope this is how plays out.
    Yeah, I didn't, exactly, misunderstood what you meant.

What I said is quite possible, but, it doesn't mean it would be enough for him to be able to use Shinigami or Quincy powers. Like you said, by absorbing someone's power, like Rukia or being near Uryu, would be enough to awake or making him more able to use the power.

So yeah, I agree with you, and I wouldn't mind if it turned out to be like that.

So you're saying Aizen used his illusions to help Gin trick Mayuri about Gin's bankai powers?

Deleted
    So you're saying Aizen used his illusions to help Gin trick Mayuri about Gin's bankai powers?
    Yes, pretty much that.

That's what I think that happened, now, if that's what exactly happened, I don't know but it seems the most logical reason to me.

So why didn't Aizen himself know about Gin's bankai power when he got attacked and poisoned by it?

Deleted
    So why didn't Aizen himself know about Gin's bankai power when he got attacked and poisoned by it?
    Because Gin never mentioned or told him about it?

If you remember, Gin always had a vendetta for Aizen for what he did to Matsumoto, so, mentioning that wouldn't help him at all.

Deleted
    Does it matter?

What I said still applies. I don't see why it matters if you're talking about it in that chapter or not.

Gin lied to Aizen so he could kill him, simple. Kurotsuchi didn't know both theirs bankais powers because of Aizen's shikai's power. I don't know what else to say. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Trust me.

Ichigo's going to go into Zangetsu world soon.

All my predictions so far have pretty much been correct :x.
    except i don't think it will be the Zangetsu we know. Remember how a broken bankia will never be the same again...unless there is an overly strong bond with the sword. Zangestu basically was extinguished when Ichigo used the Final form so it stands to reason what will be built/rebuilt will be alot different given the reitsu of all captains and his fullbringer powers...and now quincy as well. We are in for a weapon none of us saw or can guess imo

Because Aizen would have already known that 1.3 km 500x speed of sound was a lie if he purposefully made an illusion of Gins bankai for Mayuri to see those false measurements.

Hold on typing on my iPad is a bitch and I can never say what I really want to.

Deleted
    Because Aizen would have already known that 1.3 km 500x speed of sound was a lie if he purposefully made an illusion of Gins bankai for Mayuri to see those false measurements.
    How would he know? Did he count or record the speed and length of it?

We don't know, that's why I am assuming all these things, they are the most logical things to me, if they are correct or not, I have no idea, I'm just assuming.

Wait wait wait. So you're telling me Gin told Aizen to make up a completely bootleg Bankai power, as opposed to making that 1.3 km thing?'

I have to think about that. That's profound.

Deleted
    Wait wait wait. So you're telling me Gin told Aizen to make up a completely bootleg Bankai power, as opposed to making that 1.3 km thing?'

I have to think about that. That's profound.
    Aizen makes illusions with his shikai. Why wouldn't he be able to make a bankai 1,3km long?

It's an illusion, it's not really, it deceives one's eyes..