Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Basically the sponge idea covers why he got ALL not just part of rukias powers,
    He got all of Rukia's powers because the Hyougoku inside of her reacted to her wish to suffer/redeem herself by saving Ichigo, so it gave him all of her powers. This was said flat out by Aizen himself.

Isshin's powers have been back for a while, he just didn't reveal it/had a need to use them.

Ichigo got hollow powers because he partially hollowfied in the Shattered Shaft during Urahara's training.

He got bankai quickly because he cheated by using Urahara's dolls.

His hollow powers didn't evolve in Hueco Mundo, they got stronger because he learned to control them and increased his mask retention. On the dome against Ulquiorra, he completely lost control over them and became a monster.

He has Quincy powers because his mother is a Quincy. He is a Quincy/Shinigami.

I really don't know where your theory is coming from. Its even expressly stated early on that only Quincy absorb reiatsu from their environment to use their skills, as we see with Ishida after taking off his glove against Mayuri. Shinigami run purely on their own, self-generated power.

As for the chapter:

So glad we didn't waste time with Grimmjow. Really, I have zero idea why Kubo even brought him back, aside from the fact that he mishandled the Hueco Mundo Arc so badly that he didn't even wrap up his ultimate fate and had to bring him back to satisfy fans and tie up a loose end. He has no place in the storyline, his job in the narrative is done. But at least he didn't derail the chapter with him.

Welp, Ichigo is related to the Shibas. Nobody was surprised. Kubo has been telegraphing this plot twist since SS Arc. All it does is fill in a lot of gaps in the story concerning the Shibas and their fall from grace. The big question here is why "Uncle" would be sad to see Ichigo go to the Royal Realm. THAT is the big mystery here. Something there - possibly this technique that will reforge Zangetsu - will do something that takes Ichigo off the path that Isshin wanted for him. Mmmm...

Again, Ichigo is a really great actor when he wants to hide something. Im reminded of the parallel in HM when Grimmjow of all people tells Ichigo that just because Orihime is fine physically, doesn't mean she's fine on the inside. Same thing is happening here. He's torn up about Juhabach's revelation. He probably wants to go find his father and get some answers. But even then, he does what he needs to do to be able to protect. I dont even know why Chad of all people even ventured down that path of conversation.

But still, props to Kubo for actually getting us to the Royal Realm relatively quickly. I see a lot of houses there. The Royal Realm seems to be pretty populated.
    Last edited by Schaden; 2012-11-30 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Aizen had some sort of connection to the King. He seems to know more than most other people in SS and he was stupidly strong.
    Maybe he's a cousin or something to Isshin and that's how he knew of Ichigo from his birth. He hates humans because of what Misako basically did to his family (should my theory be correct ofc).

Maybe Aizen could hate the king because he once lived at the palace or something. And all his efforts were actually just to be able to get home?

I think there are far too many things that could happen at this point.
    Man all this talk is getting me insanely hyped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good chapter, very funny, I'm guessing this is "The calm before the storm"

Didn't we already know that Aizen was trying to become a god? Pretty sure he said it a few times. As for creating clones of 0Squad, I don't think he'd need to create ACTUAL clones, just someone similar enough for him to use as a Kings Key.

Again he may not have been to the palace. He might have seen the 'Healing Hot Spring' when that guy was still a regular captain. It DOES raise questions though, there's is definatly more to Urahara than we knew.

Yup, the king is very much awake and CREEPY . I just hope he doesn't mysteriously vanish for the next chapter.... or they don't have a whole chapter and then just put him in the last panel. Again I think he looks alot like Aizen, or it would be more appropriate to say Aizen looks like HIM because Aizen was using the Hougyoku to become the Soul King, so it's natural that they would look vaguely similar.

VERY possible, either he was the first, or he's some wierd godlike creature and he used his powers to create the first Shinigami.

Yeah gotta say I laughed pretty hard at that whole scene, the best bit was the Renji/Rukia section "You're holding him like a red turnip!" *Rukia float up to the surface, ass first "You going to say she looks like a peach?" there was actual out loud laughing at that point got some very wierd looks from the people around me .

Over all a very good "filler" episode, nothing REALLY happened, but it was interesting enough that it didn't seem like he was just killing time.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I think Rukia floating backside up has been the only truly amusing moment in Bleach. I know Kubo tries, but he tries too hard and fails all the time.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a bad chapter not to much happened but got some laughs out of it. The soul king defiantly reminded me of Aizen.

Is it me or does the Soul King look really fucking creepy 0.o.

Also, ladies and gentlemen, we have met the final villain of Bleach =]

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure, if all our theries are correct, Aizen will show up again.

I just wonder when and how and what impact he will have on everything around him, considering he's still the most strong person in SS, right?
    Debateable, considering all the captains and LTs trained for 18 months straight to increase their abilities.

Renji specifically has become exponentially stronger, and according to Kubo's interview a bit back, his Bankai has changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Also, ladies and gentlemen, we have met the final villain of Bleach =]
    Nah, I think that's too obvious, I know Kubo is far from the master storyteller, but i'd be pretty pissed if he pulled the 'Oops, Soul King is the bad guy' thing.. TTOOOOO played out.

I agree he's creepy as a motherfucker though.

Debateable, considering all the captains and LTs trained for 18 months straight to increase their abilities.

Renji specifically has become exponentially stronger, and according to Kubo's interview a bit back, his Bankai has changed.
    Aye, they've been putting in ALOT of work, Aizen is of course still top tier, but iirc he's lost his Hougyoku powered awesomeness now, so he's back to his previous powerlevel, where I think the top three captains and probably Ichigo could give him a beat him and of course Squad 0 would CURBSTOMP him.

I REALLY hope they've sized Renji's Bankai down a bit.... Before it came across a little too "I'm overcompensating for something" I hope they've sized it down about 75%, but increased it's power and/or awesome factor by 200%.

Can't WAIT too see the upcoming fights Mostly to see how Squad 0 fight, and the few last Bankai we're missing (I'm looking at you Shunsui and Urahara)

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Nah, I think that's too obvious, I know Kubo is far from the master storyteller, but i'd be pretty pissed if he pulled the 'Oops, Soul King is the bad guy' thing.. TTOOOOO played out.

I agree he's creepy as a motherfucker though.

Aye, they've been putting in ALOT of work, Aizen is of course still top tier, but iirc he's lost his Hougyoku powered awesomeness now, so he's back to his previous powerlevel, where I think the top three captains and probably Ichigo could give him a beat him and of course Squad 0 would CURBSTOMP him.

I REALLY hope they've sized Renji's Bankai down a bit.... Before it came across a little too "I'm overcompensating for something" I hope they've sized it down about 75%, but increased it's power and/or awesome factor by 200%.

Can't WAIT too see the upcoming fights Mostly to see how Squad 0 fight, and the few last Bankai we're missing (I'm looking at you Shunsui and Urahara)
    Trust me, Soul King will be made out to be the bad guy along with the Vandenreich.

It'll happen.

Something in this system of Soul Society has to be changed, and I think the Soul King is what's holding it back.

That's might be why Aizen wanted to kill him.

That might be why the Quincy are after him.

Deleted
    Very, very creepy! D= And way more androgynous than I expected, that is, if he was going to have a body at all.
    (Struck me as interesting that his eyes and general appearance, from what we are shown, looked very similar to Aizen in his final form. Almost like all of Aizen's metamorphoses were turning him into a second Soul King. I think that'd make sense with what beardy 0 was saying about Aizen's plan.)

Also, lol at Rukia's bum! (Did not expect to see that!) And, am I right in thinking that this chapter just implied that a person's crotch is the centre of their power...? Kubo must be reading too much Freud.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-06 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trust me, Soul King will be made out to be the bad guy along with the Vandenreich.
    Being made out to be the bad guy and actually BEING one are very different of course the Vandenreich will SAY he's a dick they're their to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    Struck me as interesting that his eyes and general appearance, from what we are shown, looked very similar to Aizen in his final form. Almost like all of Aizen's metamorphoses were turning him into a second Soul King. I think that'd make sense with what beardy 0 was saying about Aizen's plan.
    100% this, as I said before, after reading this chapter I'm convinced Aizen was trying to turn himself into the soul king and seems to have come pretty close to succeeding.

The question then becomes...

HOW close to his power levels did he get?

and far more importantly..

Is it possible that the Soul King was an ordinary Spirit, who used an item similar to the Hougyoku to power himself up and then create the first Shinigami, in the same way Aizen created the first Arrancar?

Being made out to be the bad guy and actually BEING one are very different of course the Vandenreich will SAY he's a dick they're their to kill him.

100% this, as I said before, after reading this chapter I'm convinced Aizen was trying to turn himself into the soul king and seems to have come pretty close to succeeding.

The question then becomes...

HOW close to his power levels did he get?

and far more importantly..

Is it possible that the Soul King was an ordinary Spirit, who used an item similar to the Hougyoku to power himself up and then create the first Shinigami, in the same way Aizen created the first Arrancar?
    I think that body inside the chrysalis is a vessel for the Spirit King.

Secondly, anyone else notice the parallels between the Spirit King and Butterflyzen?

Chrysalis?

Butterfly?

Transcendental being?

Eh?

Aizen is actually a good guy, but he simply went out of his way to explain everyone his theories because they'd call him delusional anyway. After the final arc they will all be enlightened by the truth.

Calling it now.

Bleach ended a while ago. Fullbringer was the last arc, no ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has gone on to discuss the Manga. The Anime is only on hiatus because they didn't want to do a year or two of filler episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Aizen is actually a good guy, but he simply went out of his way to explain everyone his theories because they'd call him delusional anyway. After the final arc they will all be enlightened by the truth.

Calling it now.
    Some heroes do all it takes to accomplish a mission.

Even if that means becoming a snake in the grass.

Sound familiar?

*cough*Gin*cough*

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    ^This, pretty much.

The anime has stopped for now but the Fullbringer Arc was basically the penultimate Arc.
    I think the plan was that the channel it airs on in Japan wanted to show something else in Bleach's time slot or something like that. So, they decided to put it on hiatus for now rather than keep it on with some rubbish filler.

Gives the manga chance to pull away again in terms of chapters and when Bleach comes back, you'll have loads to watch
    I can't wait until the final arc is animated. Some of these fights..I can't wait the see them.

Yamamoto's Bankai animated..... @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait until the final arc is animated. Some of these fights..I can't wait the see them.

Yamamoto's Bankai animated..... @_@
    oh god! That's going to be so awesome but you KNOW they're going to seriously edit Yama-ji's death, no WAY they'd show that on TV the way it happened in the comic

also I can't wait to see the coming fights animated, ya know, the ones we've not seen yet, but are going to be BOSS simply because they've got loads of awesome people to see!

oh god! That's going to be so awesome but you KNOW they're going to seriously edit Yama-ji's death, no WAY they'd show that on TV the way it happened in the comic

also I can't wait to see the coming fights animated, ya know, the ones we've not seen yet, but are going to be BOSS simply because they've got loads of awesome people to see!
    They could do what they did in Dragonball Z and just show a dark red area where there should be innards and such. It will be sad if they just say "balls to it" and cut away from his death or just show it as a deep cut wound and not a bisection.

Deleted
    So, this week I don't want to make a big wall of text. xd

I just want to say that this chapter was pretty nice, we saw the Soul King, guy looks creepy, especially his eyes..

I'm still wondering what it is.

And I just saw that this thread is for the anime, oh well. I'm going to PM Fuzzzie to change the tittle or just had "manga" to it, I think we should keep discussing it here, no? What does everyone think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Myeh, tbh I don't think it REALLY matters either way the Anime doesn't run anymore, so we might as well carry on as we always have.

when/If the Anime restarts, then we can think about maybe moving to a different thread, but considering that even if the Anime does restart it'll probably be the same people in here anyway, it doesn't change much.

Deleted
    Yeah, I know what you mean, Galla, thing is, we don't want people coming here and start reading stuff they don't want too, you know?

I'll ask Fuzzzie, Baiyn or Badpaladin when they are online, dunno if they are now but I'll ask when I have time to PM them.