10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    so many interesting stuff still left for the manga to explore... haven't seen the Bankai of at least 3 of the gotei 13 leaders yet ... Kenpachi, Ukitake, Kyoraku... oh and Unohana... also, not of the gotei 13 but Urahara ... however Kyoraku and Kenpachi are the ones I'm most interested in since kyoraku seems to be really strong even though laid back, prolly stronger than Kenpachi in pure strength... and kenpachi... well he's kenpachi xD...
    Zaraki doesn't have a bankai, so we wont be seeing that any time soon .
    Other than that I agree with REALLY wanting to see the other captain's Bankai, especially Shunsui's you just know it's going to be a BEAST! I mean they've just made him captain commander and given him a pimpin Eyepatch, Now he's FINALLY going to show us the Bankai so strong he didn't even want to use it against Aizen.... omg can't wait! Thing is you just KNOW what's going to happen... He'll be in some crazy fight, probably against the guy he got a bit pwnt by last time and the last panel of the chapter will be him releasing Bankai, then it'll cut to another scene and it'll be weeeeeeks before we see it.

As to Ichigo learning Kido.... oh man I hadn't even though of a 1 2 punch combo with Getsuga Tensho and Sokatsui :S that would be GLORIOUS! See it's stuff like that that makes me want him to learn to use Kido, it would make his fights ssoo much more interesting than his current tactic of "spam Getsuga Tenso"

p.s. didn't think it was possible Majad, but I like your new avatar even more
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaden View Post
    He got all of Rukia's powers because the Hyougoku inside of her reacted to her wish to suffer/redeem herself by saving Ichigo, so it gave him all of her powers. This was said flat out by Aizen himself.

Isshin's powers have been back for a while, he just didn't reveal it/had a need to use them.

Ichigo got hollow powers because he partially hollowfied in the Shattered Shaft during Urahara's training.

He got bankai quickly because he cheated by using Urahara's dolls.

His hollow powers didn't evolve in Hueco Mundo, they got stronger because he learned to control them and increased his mask retention. On the dome against Ulquiorra, he completely lost control over them and became a monster.

He has Quincy powers because his mother is a Quincy. He is a Quincy/Shinigami.

I really don't know where your theory is coming from. Its even expressly stated early on that only Quincy absorb reiatsu from their environment to use their skills, as we see with Ishida after taking off his glove against Mayuri. Shinigami run purely on their own, self-generated power.

As for the chapter:

So glad we didn't waste time with Grimmjow. Really, I have zero idea why Kubo even brought him back, aside from the fact that he mishandled the Hueco Mundo Arc so badly that he didn't even wrap up his ultimate fate and had to bring him back to satisfy fans and tie up a loose end. He has no place in the storyline, his job in the narrative is done. But at least he didn't derail the chapter with him.

Welp, Ichigo is related to the Shibas. Nobody was surprised. Kubo has been telegraphing this plot twist since SS Arc. All it does is fill in a lot of gaps in the story concerning the Shibas and their fall from grace. The big question here is why "Uncle" would be sad to see Ichigo go to the Royal Realm. THAT is the big mystery here. Something there - possibly this technique that will reforge Zangetsu - will do something that takes Ichigo off the path that Isshin wanted for him. Mmmm...

Again, Ichigo is a really great actor when he wants to hide something. Im reminded of the parallel in HM when Grimmjow of all people tells Ichigo that just because Orihime is fine physically, doesn't mean she's fine on the inside. Same thing is happening here. He's torn up about Juhabach's revelation. He probably wants to go find his father and get some answers. But even then, he does what he needs to do to be able to protect. I dont even know why Chad of all people even ventured down that path of conversation.

But still, props to Kubo for actually getting us to the Royal Realm relatively quickly. I see a lot of houses there. The Royal Realm seems to be pretty populated.
    Moreover, during the Soul Society/Arrancar arcs, Shinigami powers and Hollow powers are stated to basically just be opposite ends of the same spectrum IE, they're the same power manifesting in different ways. Only under extraordinary circumstances does that line disappear, creating an Arrancar or a Vizard.

Also, Ichigo doesn't NEED a Hollow form anymore. Zangetsu and Hollow Ichigo combined. They are one and the same being again, both increased to their maximum separately before rejoining.

Good to see the new manga being out.

But wait what?! They already fought once. Kenpachi KNEW she was the first? Or atleast that she was hiding her true strenght...

Unohana vs Zaraki, a battle till the death... I don't like this, but somehow i think Zaraki>Unohana. But in the end, the winner will be saved cause of another attack on Seireitei.

Or will they know mercy for once on each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    wwwoooowwww Good chapter, worth the wait

So Ichigo and Renji have been doing it wrong... Shocking.... /sarcasm.

Will be interesting to see if they gain new powers for their Zanpaktou this way. Both have pure "Combat" type Zanpaktou, would be funny if this was actually just because they're too stupid to USE the powers, not because their swords don't have any.

Then on to the REAL story of the chapter! Unohana Vs Zaraki!

See.... I know this was supposed to be a ZOMG! amazing one of them has to die! type moment.... But it bugs the shit out of me, for one main reason.

They're not going to kill of Zaraki, the nerdrage when we THOUGHT he was dead was insane, there's no way that Kubo-san is going to MURK him up right in front of our eyes. Therefore the only way I can see this ending is Zaraki Godmoding and beating Unohana, which is the biggest load of bullshit I've seen in the history of bleach. Zaraki is at BEST on a level with Byakuya, having him beat Unohana, who is said to be the greatest swordsman in SS history, and second only to Yamamoto in power is just..... wrong.

HOPEFULLY, if Kubo-san wants me to have any fucking respect for him as a writer, he'll have Unohana beat Zaraki, but as she goes to finish him off, she has an attack of conscience, the whole "I'm not this person anymore" thing, she walks out, leaving a battered and broken Zaraki again laying on his back, thinking hard about HOW he got beaten. Fast forward to the middle of the "Final Battle" and Zaraki appears, fueled by his loss to Unohana, driven to new levels he batters a bunch of Sternritter and all is good with the world.

OR if Zaraki HAS to win, have it be that Unohana teaches his leet new techiniques and then LETS him win, because she doens't want to fight any more. Just do FUCKING NOT have Zaraki beating her in a fair fight, because everything we know about both Zaraki and Unohana says she will wipe the floor with him, so don't give in to the fanboys and have Zaraki go from "Sorry he's alive but will never fight again" in one chapter to "Oh, he just beat probably the most powerful Captain alive and the greatest swordsman in SS history"

As you can tell my feelings are a little mixed on this chapter.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree with everything you said Gallahadd.

Zakaki should not be able to beat Unohana unless she lets him win.
    What i would like best is if Unohana kills him easily showing everyone what a beast she is. To bad thats very unlikely to happy.
    Zaraki will probaly be in trouble at first thenn learn something new and go god mode like we seen plenty of times before. ( mostly by ichigo)

Becoming Getsuga himself was the strongest thing Ichigo could do so id speculate thats the true way of using a zanpaktou. He asked wo was on top and the ovious answer would probaly be the shinigami, meaning thats probaly not the case and its the Zanpaktou wo should be.

Deleted
    I agree with Gallahad. It'd be pretty stupid if Zaraki won a FAIR fight against Unohana, I mean, it's impossible for him to win, unless he has some power, but I mean, come on, he doesn't, and if he does, he doesn't know how to use it.

Also, Unohana creeped the shit out of my when I saw her picture with her hair loose. I honestly hope she wins instead of Zaraki, simply because she's more powerful, though for the time being, I'm going to think like that because of what we know of her and Zaraki. Until they show us what happened before between the two, there's no reason to believe Zaraki will win.

--

As for Ichigo and Renji. I think they are going to fight those zanpakutous and in the end, they will absorb them, some how, and Renji's and Ichigo's power/spirit/wtv will fuse with the zanpakutous and there, they have their zanpakutous again.

When is 524 coming out?!?! Can't wait to see Kenpachi and Unohana fight!!

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Not until about this time next week, sadly.
    DAMN it! *twidles my thumbs till next week*

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Also curious what the correct way to be using a Zanpakutou is :S
    That guy pretty much explained how it should be done. The new trainee's eat and sleep with Ausachi. But, Renji and Ichigo have been pretty much using it only as a tool to fight with.

Bottom right. I guess that is how they want to be dealt with. Not just a sword, but a partner. A nice 'thank you' after a battle or training.
    Ichigo got taught several things by Zangatsu, so Ichigo should 'pretend' that Zangatsu is his mentor, even tho it's a sword.

I really want neither of them to die, but Unohana really seems pissed off (and scary, imagine being married to a woman like that O.O).

Zaraki will get his ass kicked, and hard. But just as he did with Ikkaku, he will get mercy. Become stronger and then try again.

Can't wait to see their fight in Anime...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see everyone agrees with me .

also glad I'm not the only one who was REALLY creeped out by Unohana in that chapter...

But now that we've all agreed Zaraki shouldn't have a chance in hell against Unohana.... Let's start speculating about who it was that gave her the only scar she's got!

My bet... Yama-ji, he's quite the monster, and it would explain why she's so loyal to him, because he's the only person that's ever been able to beat her in a duel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    also glad I'm not the only one who was REALLY creeped out by Unohana in that chapter...
    I got creeped out by it, but in a good way, I totally loved it!
    But now that we've all agreed Zaraki shouldn't have a chance in hell against Unohana.... Let's start speculating about who it was that gave her the only scar she's got!

My bet... Yama-ji, he's quite the monster, and it would explain why she's so loyal to him, because he's the only person that's ever been able to beat her in a duel.
    I'm going ahead and agree with you again. I wouldn't admire myself if Yama hi fought against her, to persuade her to be a captain, instead of being a criminal, so he could have her close to him, to watch her.

So yeah, they fought and he won, somehow, or "persuaded" her and that scar is the repercussion of their fight.

Also, one thing I still don't understand is this: We know that she is a criminal, was, but it seems like she still has the mind set of one and is a bull, just like Zaraki. I honestly don't understand why she didn't want to fight during all those attacks..

OH WAIT! Something just came up in my mind while typing this. She didn't want to fight(when Yama died) because she knew that if he dies, she could go, somehow, free or do wtv the hell she wants to do. So, if this is true, I'm going to assume she has some sort of plan to get out of SS or something, but I honestly don't know.

Also, we also now know why she wasn't chosen to be the Commander Captain, because she was a criminal and pretty much like Zaraki, and still is.

I got more to say but I forgot. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's a very good thing we saw a TOTALLY different side of her, it's epic!

Also, re-reading the chapter, I'm 100% certain that Yama-ji beat Unohana and that's why she joined the group, if you check THIS page, Shunsui says "Before Yama-ji bought his strength and she became a captain" I'm guessing this is a rough translation and basically means "Before she lost to yama-ji and became a captain"... As for the scar though...

I just had a worrying thought.... The scar on her chest.... and the scar on Zaraki's eye...

You don't think they gave them to eachother do you? check out THIS page... she says that whenever Zaraki talks, her scar wont stop throbbing, then on the next page he says that HIS scar throbs when she talks... You don't think that they crossed blades back in the day, and left eachother with unhealable wounds?

Also as for Unohana not being made Captain Commander because she's a criminal... I'm not sure about that. Unohana has a kinda Xena thing going on, she WAS a badass criminal, kickin ass and taking names, but she's reformed now. She WAS the scourge of soul society and that's why when she joined the Gotei 13 she stopped fighting and became a healer. Now however, she's "gone darkside" and is going down paths she's not trod for... probably millenia to train Zaraki and make him a bit less... fail.

I get the feeling she'll unleash the power within Zaraki (NOT Bankai though, just super Kendo skills) but in the process go full Darkside, then once he's fully trained, she'll let him kill her, because she doesn't want to be "that person" anymore, but she doesn't have the strength to supress her darker side, without Yama-ji there to help her and kick her ass when it's needed.

Whatever the deal is... I REALLY can't wait till the next chapter

Deleted
    Also, re-reading the chapter, I'm 100% certain that Yama-ji beat Unohana and that's why she joined the group, if you check THIS page, Shunsui says "Before Yama-ji bought his strength and she became a captain" I'm guessing this is a rough translation and basically means "Before she lost to yama-ji and became a captain"... As for the scar though...
    Yeah, didn't really notice that but my guess on it was right then.
    I just had a worrying thought.... The scar on her chest.... and the scar on Zaraki's eye...

You don't think they gave them to eachother do you? check out THIS page... she says that whenever Zaraki talks, her scar wont stop throbbing, then on the next page he says that HIS scar throbs when she talks... You don't think that they crossed blades back in the day, and left eachother with unhealable wounds?
    Okay, maybe what I thought isn't that right. But even so, I think it's pretty weird that they crossed blades and one of them didn't die. It's impossible for Yama ji to have recruited Zaraki because of Unohana, it would make no sense to get two and all that, you know?

Meh, it's possible, but I think it was Yama, though it's possible that it was Zaraki.
    Also as for Unohana not being made Captain Commander because she's a criminal... I'm not sure about that. Unohana has a kinda Xena thing going on, she WAS a badass criminal, kickin ass and taking names, but she's reformed now. She WAS the scourge of soul society and that's why when she joined the Gotei 13 she stopped fighting and became a healer. Now however, she's "gone darkside" and is going down paths she's not trod for... probably millenia to train Zaraki and make him a bit less... fail.
    Nah, I think that's the reason she isn't a Captain Commander. Because of what she used to be. It's possible and I think that is, atleast, the main reason of her not being made Captain Commander. Even after learning how to heal and all that, I think the think heads of that weird room wouldn't want her to be a Captain Commander.
    I get the feeling she'll unleash the power within Zaraki (NOT Bankai though, just super Kendo skills) but in the process go full Darkside, then once he's fully trained, she'll let him kill her, because she doesn't want to be "that person" anymore, but she doesn't have the strength to supress her darker side, without Yama-ji there to help her and kick her ass when it's needed.
    Thing is, I don't think she has a side she can't control. I think there hasn't been any indications towards that, atleast, I haven't seen any, maybe I've been too busy looking at the fights and what not.

But even so, I highly doubt that she's tired of fighting, I know that she made that impression but I think it's total BS and it's a "deal" that she had to make, hence her learning how to heal and bla bla. Meh
    Whatever the deal is... I REALLY can't wait till the next chapter
    Me too!

10+ Year Old Account
    my theory is this, Zaraki found out that Unohana was the FORMER 11th squad captain before he became captain himself, and attacked her, fighting, he nearly dies, but still manages to inflict a wound on her. Zaraki then, after recovering, goes and challenges the then current 11th squad captain and beat him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    my theory is this, Zaraki found out that Unohana was the FORMER 11th squad captain before he became captain himself, and attacked her, fighting, he nearly dies, but still manages to inflict a wound on her. Zaraki then, after recovering, goes and challenges the then current 11th squad captain and beat him.
    That's possible, but I think Zaraki would be able to wound her, even in an ambush...

I think it's possible but he was very weak back then, even though he has a lot of power, still weak I believe, atleast when comparing him to when he was a captain on the first few Arcs of the anime/manga.

What I mean is, either she got ambushed and he managed to do that, some how, or she beat him and she overestimate him, and he found a way to exploit her weakness of thinking she was(she is) better than him and yeah, she let her guard down and managed to leave a scar on her.

I believe more in the latter if this whole case is true.

Even so, she had to be pretty stupid for letting him do that to her, since he had to literally face her to do that wound on her chest and if that happened, him being literally in front of her and she still got that scar -> /facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    That's possible, but I think Zaraki would be able to wound her, even in an ambush...

I think it's possible but he was very weak back then, even though he has a lot of power, still weak I believe, atleast when comparing him to when he was a captain on the first few Arcs of the anime/manga.

What I mean is, either she got ambushed and he managed to do that, some how, or she beat him and she overestimate him, and he found a way to exploit her weakness of thinking she was(she is) better than him and yeah, she let her guard down and managed to leave a scar on her.

I believe more in the latter if this whole case is true.

Even so, she had to be pretty stupid for letting him do that to her, since he had to literally face her to do that wound on her chest and if that happened, him being literally in front of her and she still got that scar -> /facepalm.
    How do you know it's not a through and through stab?

Best bet is that he ambushed her, stabbed her through the back, and she proceeded to KICK HIS ASH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    How do you know it's not a through and through stab?

Best bet is that he ambushed her, stabbed her through the back, and she proceeded to KICK HIS ASH!
    Oh, I didn't think of that, you know, because Shinigamis can feel others' spiritual pressure, so it'd be weird for a Shinigami like her to get ambushed by someone like Zaraki, that's why I didn't think of that.

So yeah, I don't think that happened, unless she was doing something she shouldn't....

What's going on in this thread?

Asking about Unohana's scar? I like Risadel's thing where Zaraki found out she was a former 11th captain and attacked her and they each got their scars.

Who wins the fight? I don't think either will die, because no one dies in Bleach lol, but obviously I expect Unohana to lose and Kenpachi to win since it's training for him. It'll probably end up like how Ichigo trained for like 2000 years with Zangetsu and got super strong, except Unohana and Zaraki will have limited time.

What's the deal with Ichigo and Renji? I think...Zanpakto are actually the things doing the fighting and the Shinigami are the bitches who get used, instead of vice versa, is the point of this training. Although honestly no other person in Soul Society thinks like this so Ichigo and Renji better be like, Super Saiyan 4 level at the end of this training and Captain level is like Frieza level.

Did I miss anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, maybe what I thought isn't that right. But even so, I think it's pretty weird that they crossed blades and one of them didn't die. It's impossible for Yama ji to have recruited Zaraki because of Unohana, it would make no sense to get two and all that, you know?
    Hmm true, if they're both Zaraki's it's highly doubtful they would have dueled before and both would still be alive... I was under the impression that all "Zaraki" duels were to the death, Which once again brings up the question... How is Unohana not still "Zaraki"?

Meh, it's possible, but I think it was Yama, though it's possible that it was Zaraki.
    I really hope it was Yama-ji as well, just because I really dislike Zaraki. Not to mention I have a running arguement with a friend over who would win in a fight, Zaraki or Byakuya.... If it turns out Zaraki injured Unohana, and if he doesn't now get Curbstomped by her...

Nah, I think that's the reason she isn't a Captain Commander. Because of what she used to be. It's possible and I think that is, atleast, the main reason of her not being made Captain Commander. Even after learning how to heal and all that, I think the think heads of that weird room wouldn't want her to be a Captain Commander.
    Heads of the wierd room... the Central 46? you mean those dead guys... I don't think they had much say in anything.. j/k
    That said... There has to be a reason she wasn't picked to be Captain Commander (unless she was offered the job and turned it down... But I get the feeling that's not the kind of job you turn down) and I guess "She's a possibly reformed psychopathic killer" is as good as any

Thing is, I don't think she has a side she can't control. I think there hasn't been any indications towards that, atleast, I haven't seen any, maybe I've been too busy looking at the fights and what not.
    True... I think this is just me trying to make her into a Jedi resist the Dark Side unohana!

But even so, I highly doubt that she's tired of fighting, I know that she made that impression but I think it's total BS and it's a "deal" that she had to make, hence her learning how to heal and bla bla. Meh
    Maybe... Maybe not, you have to think... If it WAS all an act.. She kept it going quite a while, and only broke the "Act" under a DIRECT order from the New Captain Commander.

GAH they need to hurry up and release the new chapter, all this plotting and supposition is killing me
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2013-01-17 at 03:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    WWhat's the deal with Ichigo and Renji? I think...Zanpakto are actually the things doing the fighting and the Shinigami are the bitches who get used, instead of vice versa, is the point of this training.
    Zanpakutous can't really control themselves, so they aren't doing everything.
    Hmm true, if they're both Zaraki's it's highly doubtful they would have dueled before and both would still be alive... I was under the impression that all "Zaraki" duels were to the death, Which once again brings up the question... How is Unohana not still "Zaraki"?
    You mean Kenpachi!

They are called Kenpachi. And yeah, I don't know why she isn't called Kenpachi and why she isn't the captain of the 11th division, but thing is, she's probably even older than Yama ji, or probably at the same age, so there's a lot we don't know about her and we especially don't know when she was a Kenpachi(if she ever was(she was)), and people fear her just because of rumors, because come on, I hardly think anyone in SS, other than captains, yes, captains only, have seen her fighting, even so, I doubt that the current captains have seen her fight for the exception of Kyouraku and Ukitake because they are from the same time as Yama ji.
    Not to mention I have a running arguement with a friend over who would win in a fight, Zaraki or Byakuya....
    I can honestly say with confidence that Byakuya has the upper hand on him, simply because his intelligence is above the top, and he knows he can't win if he exchanges blades, and he knows this better than anyone else, he doesn't need to exchange swords with Zaraki because of his zanpakutou's power and bankai, so he clearly has the upper hand.

But since Zaraki is a brute, his super power that can and should easily deflect Byakuya's shikai's damage(though I doubt that about his bankai but I wouldn't be surprised), he too can beat Byakuya, I honestly can say it would be a fair fight, although, since Zaraki is dumb as fuck, yes, fight is fair, but if Zaraki had the same intellengece or the same skill with his zanpakuto as Byakuya has, then I'd say Zaraki could win him and would have more chances.

But it doesn't really matter because atm, Byakuya is better and Zaraki is dumb, well, since it's been atleast 2 years, we still don't know how much power they got.

* Looks at Toushiro

Heads of the wierd room... the Central 46? you mean those dead guys... I don't think they had much say in anything.. j/k
    That said... There has to be a reason she wasn't picked to be Captain Commander (unless she was offered the job and turned it down... But I get the feeling that's not the kind of job you turn down) and I guess "She's a possibly reformed psychopathic killer" is as good as any
    Yeah those, and I meant to type "thick" instead. xD

And I totally forgot they were dead... :p And yeah, all that.
    True... I think this is just me trying to make her into a Jedi resist the Dark Side unohana!
    Haha, I didn't thought of that but I like it.
    Maybe... Maybe not, you have to think... If it WAS all an act.. She kept it going quite a while, and only broke the "Act" under a DIRECT order from the New Captain Commander.

GAH they need to hurry up and release the new chapter, all this plotting and supposition is killing me
    Totally forgot that. Well, since it's a new Commander Cpt., I wouldn't know if he knows that there was such a deal(assuming there was one indeed) but I think he would since Yama ji was his mentor, so yeah, but I guess he doesn't really care because desperate times.

Agreed. I want more!

qq wall of text
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-17 at 03:35 AM.