Isn't her name Yachiru instead of Kenpachi? She named herself that so...
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/523/19

Kenpachi is the name of the strongest of their generation. Maybe Yachiru is the name of the strongest female, or maybe a retired Kenpachi (that is still alive)?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You mean Kenpachi!

They are called Kenpachi. And yeah, I don't know why she isn't called Kenpachi and why she isn't the captain of the 11th division, but thing is, she's probably even older than Yama ji, or probably at the same age, so there's a lot we don't know about her and we especially don't know when she was a Kenpachi(if she ever was(she was)), and people fear her just because of rumors, because come on, I hardly think anyone in SS, other than captains, yes, captains only, have seen her fighting, even so, I doubt that the current captains have seen her fight for the exception of Kyouraku and Ukitake because they are from the same time as Yama ji.
    This is why I shouldn't be allowed to post at 3 in the morning, I make stupid mistakes .

There is definatly something going on, we KNOW she was the first Kenpachi... We know she set the rules... That's all we know... They really need to do a flashback arc, to show us more about her when she was a badass, Sssssoooo many questions that need answering.

Also I'm pretty sure that at least Shunsui and Ukitake have seen Unohana fight, they mention in the "turn back the pendulum" arc that they've seen her true power and are shit scared of it.

I can honestly say with confidence that Byakuya has the upper hand on him, simply because his intelligence is above the top, and he knows he can't win if he exchanges blades, and he knows this better than anyone else, he doesn't need to exchange swords with Zaraki because of his zanpakutou's power and bankai, so he clearly has the upper hand.

But since Zaraki is a brute, his super power that can and should easily deflect Byakuya's shikai's damage(though I doubt that about his bankai but I wouldn't be surprised), he too can beat Byakuya, I honestly can say it would be a fair fight, although, since Zaraki is dumb as fuck, yes, fight is fair, but if Zaraki had the same intellengece or the same skill with his zanpakuto as Byakuya has, then I'd say Zaraki could win him and would have more chances.

But it doesn't really matter because atm, Byakuya is better and Zaraki is dumb, well, since it's been atleast 2 years, we still don't know how much power they got.
    Hahaha that's basically the EXACT reason I gave as to why Byakuya >> Zaraki, great minds think alike eh . In terms of pure strength Zaraki>Byakuya, on EVERY other metric Byakuya>>Zaraki, it would be a close fight, but there's no way Zaraki could stand up to Byakuya's Bankai and it's going to be exactly the same against Unohana, the only difference is, as well as being a smarter fighter and having total control over her Zanpaktou, Unohana is also a fucking monster, so there's really no way, shy of some SERIOUS Deus Ex Machina that Zaraki could win this fight outright.

Totally forgot that. Well, since it's a new Commander Cpt., I wouldn't know if he knows that there was such a deal(assuming there was one indeed) but I think he would since Yama ji was his mentor, so yeah, but I guess he doesn't really care because desperate times.
    I think that's close, but not quite right. It's not that Shunsui doesn't care, it's more that he has no other choice. Shunsui has been put in a fairly nasty situation, he's been put in charge of Soul society in a time when they're getting STOMPED and basically of all the captains, there's maybe four that can stand up to the enemy (Him, Unohana, Ukitake and possibly Kurotsuchi, because... ya know.. science). So he needs to train up some of the lower strength people and FAST.

Thus he sends Ichigo, Renji and Byakuya to the Royal Guard, to rest, recover and probably get some kind of powerup. He then gets Unohana to train Zaraki, and prays that 7 powerful captains is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Isn't her name Yachiru instead of Kenpachi? She named herself that so...
    http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/523/19

Kenpachi is the name of the strongest of their generation. Maybe Yachiru is the name of the strongest female, or maybe a retired Kenpachi (that is still alive)?
    Her name is Unohana Yachiru, Kenpachi is her title. The only Kenpachi to use it as his name is Zaraki and that's because he has no memory of what his real name is. His name "Kenpachi Zaraki" is a combination of his title and the area of Soul Society he lived in before he joined the Shinigami, the same is true of Kusajishi Yachiru, whose name is a combination of the area of her birth and a name given to her by Zaraki.

Also... I had a thought last night. They said the reason no one had trained Zaraki properly was because there was a destinct chance if he DID fully grasp "The Art of Killing" they might not be able to control him, if he ever went beserk....

what if Unohana kicks his ass... but by getting his ass kicked he learns to talk with his Zanpaktou, this gives him his Shikai powers (finally) and helps him to be useful in the upcoming fight with the Stern Ritter.... Except that DURING his fight with the stern ritter, he gets his ass kicked aaggaaiinn.... But this time descovers his Bankai. The problem is, with his Bankai unlocked he goes a bit.... Native, and after kicking the Stern Ritter back to Quincy Hell, declares himself the head of soul society, tries to take over and has to be stopped by his former friends..

Thus it all goes full circle and Zaraki Kenpachi, the first real "Boss" fight of Bleach, becomes the LAST real Boss fight of Bleach as well
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    but by getting his ass kicked he learns to talk with his Zanpaktou, this gives him his Shikai powers (finally) and helps him to be useful in the upcoming fight with the Stern Ritter.... Except that DURING his fight with the stern ritter, he gets his ass kicked aaggaaiinn.... But this time descovers his Bankai. The problem is, with his Bankai unlocked he goes a bit.... Native, and after kicking the Stern Ritter back to Quincy Hell, declares himself the head of soul society, tries to take over and has to be stopped by his former friends.
    Wasn't his lack of Bankai one of his main advantages over the stern ritters, since they could steal Bankai? He was the only one who could fight at full strength. Unlocking Bankai would be giving the Quincy an advantage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Wasn't his lack of Bankai one of his main advantages over the stern ritters, since they could steal Bankai? He was the only one who could fight at full strength. Unlocking Bankai would be giving the Quincy an advantage.
    Not really. Zaraki just did better simply because he's a complete brute and no one can beat him in the brute contest. He doesn't even need his bankai to beat them, unlike the other captains.

What I mean is, none of the captains needed to use their bankai, they could win without it can they only lose the power if they use bankai and if it's stolen, if it's not stolen, nothing happens.

But yeah, I guess his lack of bankai would have been good on him, since I'm pretty sure he would have used bankai as soon as he started fighting, but I doubt it, since he has an eye patch for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    aaah nicely done Unified, That chapter is far better translated (although they swear too much...)

Seems I was right, they managed to scar eachother.... Makes you wonder about Zaraki.. Just how old IS he?

I feel a flashback chapter coming up soon .

Also as to Zaraki getting a Bankai to help against the Stern Ritter... I'm assuming that while all this current stuff is going on Kurotsuchi is hard as work finding a way around that technique, Kubo-san has already said that all the Bankai that we've been waiting to see, WILL be seen in this current arc.

Also let us not forget that to steal a Bankai, the Stern Ritter need to know all it can do, that's why they can't steal Ichigo's and could only steal Zanka no Tachi AFTER Yama-ji had shown North, South, East and West. I'm guessing if Zaraki gained a Bankai, they wouldn't be able to steal it, because it's the first time it's been used and thus no one, not even HE knows it's full powers. The same goes for people like Shunsui and Urahara, they've been super secretive about their Bankai, so no one knows the full extent of thier powers, meaning they (should) be immune to the Stern Ritter's Bankai stealing technique.... Makes you wonder, did Kubo-san hold them back for just this reason?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

You guys do realize this is the reason Zaraki admires Unohana, right?

I feel like Im one of the few who picked up on this fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Her name is Unohana Yachiru, Kenpachi is her title.
    I thought her name was Retsu Unohana... Cause the manga says she named herself Yachiru.
    I know that Kenpachi is the title for strongest of their generation.

what if Unohana kicks his ass... but by getting his ass kicked he learns to talk with his Zanpaktou, this gives him his Shikai powers (finally) and helps him to be useful in the upcoming fight with the Stern Ritter.... Except that DURING his fight with the stern ritter, he gets his ass kicked aaggaaiinn.... But this time descovers his Bankai. The problem is, with his Bankai unlocked he goes a bit.... Native, and after kicking the Stern Ritter back to Quincy Hell, declares himself the head of soul society, tries to take over and has to be stopped by his former friends..

Thus it all goes full circle and Zaraki Kenpachi, the first real "Boss" fight of Bleach, becomes the LAST real Boss fight of Bleach as well
    Seeing how his sword is already in Shikai, all he needs is to learn how to hear the 'voice' and learn it's name. But, if Zaraki learns bankai the world is fucked (literally) cause it would be too strong.

Sigh, want all chapters from now till the final one...

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought her name was Retsu Unohana... Cause the manga says she named herself Yachiru.
    I know that Kenpachi is the title for strongest of their generation.
    She's kinda got a Angel/Angelus thing going on... Her REAL name as far as I can tell is Unohana Retsu. However when she was off being a badass faceraper she came up with the name "Yachiru". When she's in Ms Nice healer mode, she's Retsu, when she goes Darkside she uses Yachiru

Seeing how his sword is already in Shikai, all he needs is to learn how to hear the 'voice' and learn it's name. But, if Zaraki learns bankai the world is fucked (literally) cause it would be too strong.
    Yes I know he's already in Shikai, hence why I said "this gives his shikai powers(finally)" I meant he finally descovers just what it is his Shikai DOES. apart from look raggedy but still be razor sharp

Personally I hope he never gets either, I always rather liked having one Captain who DIDN'T use Bankai as his "Trump card", but sadly based on the fact Kubo-san seems to write Zaraki's stories solely for his mouthfoaming fanboys, I can see Bankai coming by the end of this arc. That said, if they DO give him Bankai, I'd like it to be in the way I mentioned above, with him going nuts and becoming the badguy.

Sigh, want all chapters from now till the final one...
    Fuckin ace man... I'm right there with ya

Thanks for claricying that for me. Was already wondering by how that name now works >.<

Let's just hope that for some reason he still is not going to hear it. All we know is, that Zaraki is not going to be the maniacally laughing slashing maniac that is getting slashed after this fight

I'll be even more sad if they really won't make this fight in the anime... Come on Japan! Continue bleach! D:

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They will continue Bleach. From everything I've understood they just don't want to make FILLERS thus they have it on hold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, from all I've heard they're waiting for the Manga arc to finish, then they're gunna whack out the whole arc in one, with no shitty filler breaks.

Yeah, i heard that too. But Bleachget says that the show stopped in Japan.

The fillers were okish, but yeah...Maybe they are making the anime already, but just not yet releasing >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You guys do realize this is the reason Zaraki admires Unohana, right?

I feel like Im one of the few who picked up on this fact.
    I picked that up but I thought that was pretty self explanatory.
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2013-01-18 at 04:23 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i heard that too. But Bleachget says that the show stopped in Japan.

The fillers were okish, but yeah...Maybe they are making the anime already, but just not yet releasing >.<
    ... Ofcoure the show stopped in Japan. Otherwise you'd still be getting your fansubs! (or how ever you watched it).
    You thought it was running in Japan but just not being made aviable? Or did your post confuse me.

They're on hold, I very much doubt the show was unpopular enough to have been cancelled. So it's on hiatus due to lack of episodic content and unwillingness to fill it with uncanon material. Very simple, it will/should be back.

Even if I personally don't care.

It could be that some other Asian country made it for once. Doesn't have to be Japan perse.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be that some other Asian country made it for once. Doesn't have to be Japan perse.
    Except that the Mangaka of bleach is Japanese, the manga is first published in a japanese magazine, the anime airs first on a Japanese channel and all the people in the show speak japanese

tbh I don't think I'd be far off if I said 99.999999% of what people call "Anime" or "Manga" is made in Japan.

Tbh I never REALLY minded the fillers, a couple of arcs aside *cough*Bounto going on WAY too long*cough* but if Kubo-san wants to stop the Anime for now, work on making the final arc of the manga as EPIC as possible and then come back and do the Anime again at some point... I'm okay with this. In the end I'd rather have an AMAZING last Manga arc and no anime than a decent last manga arc, a bunch of lame fillers and then see the disappointing final arc all over again as Anime.

I'm not so smart to know where they all come from ^^"

Some went on a little too long yeah, but i guess it's better then nothing right now.

Some went on a little too long yeah, but i guess it's better then nothing right now.
    I would have to politely disagree. I would rather wait for a year or two to watch something that makes me go "Hell yes! This is why I love Bleach!" than to have some generic garbage come out and make me wonder why I even bother with Bleach.

Patience is a virtue for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes an average filler arc would be better than nothing... But we've not GOT nothing, we've got an awesome Manga arc .

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty sure that the last arc will be animated, I just don't see it happening till after the Manga arc is done.

Deleted
    Or until Naruto's anime is done too I believe. :/