Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    Isane is her (well in a way "was") vice captain. In the flashback to when Kenpachi was a kid Unohana had an old man for a vice captain.
    Stupid me... >.< I blame the flu!

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Him and Unohana have a really solid chemistry, it's insane.

It seems most of the Captains will be getting power ups for the final battle.

I'm just wondering if Unohana will really die now..

I hope she doesn't. I always had a soft spot for her because we never knew her backstory or how strong she was, but now it's just obvious she's a caring "mother" to the Gotei, and especially Zaraki.

She seems to honestly care about him.
    I think it's more that she is looking up at Zaraki. She was supposed to be the strongest. Zaraki said he admired her and wanted to be like her. But i think it's also the other way around.

That caring 'mother' part, isn't it possible that well, Unohana is Zaraki's mom?
    All in all, the most logical thing to happen is that Zaraki will have mercy / be stopped. Somebody will die when he is being stopped. (Yachiru...?)
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I think it's more that she is looking up at Zaraki. She was supposed to be the strongest. Zaraki said he admired her and wanted to be like her. But i think it's also the other way around.

That caring 'mother' part, isn't it possible that well, Unohana is Zaraki's mom?
    All in all, the most logical thing to happen is that Zaraki will have mercy / be stopped. Somebody will die when he is being stopped. (Yachiru...?)
    It's definatly a mutual respect thing, they're both hardcore killers, both to that point unbeaten, then finally they face someone who doesn't just DIE, so they both have a wary respect for one another.

Unohana as Zaraki's mum? God I hope not

Why does somebody have to die for Zaraki to be stopped? (and why would be it Yachiru :S), I'm guessing Zaraki will be about to lay down a killing blow, then SOMETHING will happen, either the Stern Ritter will attack, or someone will burst in to stop that happening. Just doesn't seem right to kill off Unohana like this.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Who is the strongest?

Old school Unohana, child Zaraki, or young adult Yama(from his flashback from Juha Bach)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Who is the strongest?

Old school Unohana, child Zaraki, or young adult Yama(from his flashback from Juha Bach)?
    Child zaraki is stronger thenn unohana was she said so herself, he limited his own power unconsiously.

Yama is likely still a lot stronger. He might actualy have been alot stronger back thenn thenn as a old man. Atleast yuha bach inplied it.

Yama >>>>>>>>>>>>> zaraki >>> unohana

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    It's definatly a mutual respect thing, they're both hardcore killers, both to that point unbeaten, then finally they face someone who doesn't just DIE, so they both have a wary respect for one another.

Unohana as Zaraki's mum? God I hope not

Why does somebody have to die for Zaraki to be stopped? (and why would be it Yachiru :S), I'm guessing Zaraki will be about to lay down a killing blow, then SOMETHING will happen, either the Stern Ritter will attack, or someone will burst in to stop that happening. Just doesn't seem right to kill off Unohana like this.
    I thought he would be in a frenzy mode or something. Unohana won't be killed this easily, so i figured it could be that maaaaaybe somebody tried to do something and got killed instead.
    A Stern Ritter attack is too soon, we have yet Ichigo+Renji at only the second guy, so 2 more to go. At the third or before they are finished with the fourth the attack will be started already tho, and they have something against the steal bankai thingie (which, ofc, will let everybody use their bankai and then the SR gets a power up and you know how it goes).
    Maybe the counter for the bankai stealing will be found just before Unohana and Zaraki finish, and that's why they are done? Doubt that tho...
    It seems the most logical to happen is that Zaraki will show mercy.

Wasn't Yama's arm wounded and he never let it heal correctly? That was why he wasn't so strong as he 'could' be.

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctant View Post
    Child zaraki is stronger thenn unohana was she said so herself, he limited his own power unconsiously.

Yama is likely still a lot stronger. He might actualy have been alot stronger back thenn thenn as a old man. Atleast yuha bach inplied it.

Yama >>>>>>>>>>>>> zaraki >>> unohana
    Ya but Unohana said she was the strongest back then.

I actually think Yama is stronger now than back then. Old Yama has 4 bankais lol, although the younger him was obviously probably a little physically stronger and probably had more reiatsu. I feel like he developed his bankai since then.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Her fate, is literally in his hands: his sword. It's his choice whether she lives or dies.
    Well, it would be a bit weird if it was her choice wether she would live or die wouldn't it? :P
    It's too early to kill her off. All we know about her Shikai is that it's a flying manta ray that heals people within it's stomach. Maybe hers works just like Yumichika Ayasegawa (totally had to look up his name...) and her Shikai has two 'forms' too.
    Then again...Kenpachi's fight without real ability and rely on their own strenght.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Ya but Unohana said she was the strongest back then.

I actually think Yama is stronger now than back then. Old Yama has 4 bankais lol, although the younger him was obviously probably a little physically stronger and probably had more reiatsu. I feel like he developed his bankai since then.
    It would not make much difference i guess. We don't know about his bankai before, but yes; it is more developed then when he was younger. I think in psychical strenght the old one (or rather, the one with the healty arm) would easily win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm betting she dies in all honesty. That would be the two oldest and strongest out of the way, making room to show off some other powerful fighters. The strongest 2 fighters being dead means other are pushed to using abilities that are powerful but have been hidden up to now.
    Shunsui, Ukitake, I'm looking at you guys!

And yes, Yama-ji left himself with an arm missing simply due to pride really. The exact same reason he still had a body covered in battle scars. Just out of pride.
    That's actually a good point, Yama-ji and Unohana dead. Ichigo, Renji and Byakuya off getting healed and (possibly) Powered-up... Doesn't leave much does it , the walking Ice-cube, Doggybags and the Mad Scientist, I'm guessing Shunsui and Ukitake will be leading the charge.

I agree about Yama-ji's arm, but I think he kept the scars a) because they make him look boss and b) certainly the face ones were as a mark of his respect for Sasakibe for being ABLE to scar him.

and Blue, Yama-ji didn't have four bankais, he had ONE Bankai with FOUR abilites (North, South, East and West), in the same way that Byakuya has one bankai, but with three abilities Senkei (the glowing sword "Arena" thingy he dueled Ichigo in) Gokei (the bubble of doom he used to pwn Zommari) and Shukei: Hakuteiken (the glowing sword/wings he used to draw with Ichigo).

That said I agree with Reluctant Yama>>>>>Zaraki>Unohana

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    no manga this week ?

Kubo had influenza and took the week off.

Why don't you catch up to Naruto while you have the free time, eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    Ah alright and I guess i should yeah :P

10+ Year Old Account
    eww Naruto . I stopped reading that years ago, how is it going at the moment? I disliked that Naruto was supposed to be a ninja, yet wore bright orange and shouted all the time... is that still true?

Deleted
    eww Naruto . I stopped reading that years ago, how is it going at the moment? I disliked that Naruto was supposed to be a ninja, yet wore bright orange and shouted all the time... is that still true?
    Naruto is a lot better than it used to be lol. Shipudden is a lot better, and no, he isn't like that anymore, he's not even like he used to be.

You should definitely go read the manga and see the anime.

Last 50 chapters or so have been amazing, and the last one, certainly was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Naruto is a lot better than it used to be lol. Shipudden is a lot better, and no, he isn't like that anymore, he's not even like he used to be.

Last 50 chapters or so have been amazing, and the last one, certainly was amazing.
    I agree. This week's chapter is pretty awesome. Laughs, hit in the feels, and the kind of dialogue that I can get my teeth sunk in to. Naruto has certainly changed (for the better) from a childish start with the beginning of Shipudden (imo) to something amazing.

Anyway, yeah. :[ I'm saddened there's no Bleach this week. It's finally getting good again!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

Can't really argue with that now can I! So would you suggest skipping right to Shipudden then? Probably not a bad Idea, I'll be finishing Sword Art Online tonight (I know, I'm late to the party, I was rewatching Farscape ) and then I'll have nothing to watch, might give Naruto another go. Then again I should probably read the Manga first, it's usually better

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Anyway, yeah. :[ I'm saddened there's no Bleach this week. It's finally getting good again!!
    Yeah, that's one problem with having a series like this, that's rolled out fresh every week and ALL done by one guy, if for any reason he can't do his thing BAMF, the manga goes down . Lets just with Kubo san a speedy recovery and pray he's all better by next week

Deleted
    Can't really argue with that now can I! So would you suggest skipping right to Shipudden then? Probably not a bad Idea, I'll be finishing Sword Art Online tonight (I know, I'm late to the party, I was rewatching Farscape ) and then I'll have nothing to watch, might give Naruto another go. Then again I should probably read the Manga first, it's usually better
    Tbh, I don't remember much of Naruto, I mean, I remember most things on Shipudden but not before, only the Orichimaru part. I'm watching it again but I don't know, either way, atleast see the last season before Shipudden, so you can get stuff better, I don't know tbh.

i would say that in naruto you should at least watch the fight between gaara and rock lee since it's one of the best moments of the anime :P
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Nah just watch it from the beginning if you want, it'll make more sense, but the latter half of Naruto is a shit ton of fillers, and useless story. However, as soon as Shippuuden gets rolling its pretty amazing for about 150 episodes, then the fillers roll in like crazy; The overall story arc w/o fillers is still really good though. Just search on the interwebs about a list of Naruto filler episodes, and skip them.

I did the same for bleach when i rewatched all the anime, it was 1000000000x better imo. Also SAO is fcking amazing, so that takes prio, from your avatar description, you've already seen Steins;Gate so I'm not gonna suggest that, but yea that shit is epic as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you skip all the filler its not terible with a few really nice moments, Zabuza and Haku, gaara vs rock lee, the guy wo fights with his bones.. and thats all i can remember beign above par from the whole thing.

And yes SOA is great especialy the first game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Nah just watch it from the beginning if you want, it'll make more sense, but the latter half of Naruto is a shit ton of fillers, and useless story. However, as soon as Shippuuden gets rolling its pretty amazing for about 150 episodes, then the fillers roll in like crazy; The overall story arc w/o fillers is still really good though. Just search on the interwebs about a list of Naruto filler episodes, and skip them.

I did the same for bleach when i rewatched all the anime, it was 1000000000x better imo. Also SAO is fcking amazing, so that takes prio, from your avatar description, you've already seen Steins;Gate so I'm not gonna suggest that, but yea that shit is epic as well.
    Tbh I might start from Naruto, because I hate reading something and not getting all the references, but I'll read the manga, because the only thing I hate more than not getting references is filler . SAO was pretty good, I know it's bad... but I really wanna live in SAO(the game, not the series), if you get past the whole "death is real" thing, it seems like a nice place to live . Sadly I thought the series went a bit wrong after about episode 15... It should go without saying, but, DON'T kill off the primary antagonist 1/2 way through the fucking series, it didn't work with Death Note, it doesn't work with SAO and the ending... annoyed me, quite a bit. Yeah Stiens;gate is LEGENDARY, can't wait for the movie to come out.