Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    MangaStream release

Poor Unohana, the only thing she really did was some healing aaaaages ago and then fighting Zaraki until his true power returned.

At least Zaraki will finally get to learn the name of his sword. I still don't get how its a Zanpakutou though. He had it before he was a Shinigami...
    Also, the guy we say in that one small panel when his Zan was talking, looks a lot like a previous Kenpachi. IIRC, one of the Kenpachi's had an ability to become one with things, or something like that. Sort of like a fusion. It would be hilarious if it turns out that he's been carrying a previous Kenpachi around with him all this time lol

EDIT: Looks like I read these panels wrongly. It seems to be that this is him confronting someone in the past. But it still looks to be a previous Kenpachi. This Kenpachi's power was so great that he could destroy all Soul Society in one go. But, his bankai could only be used every 50 years or something. Be interesting to see what happens.

As for Ichigo, I guess the Asauchi could see that he didn't know all about himself and his Quincy side so, he'll be going back to Isshin and getting the whole story on him and his mother. Now THAT, I can't wait for!
    EDIT: Reading the MangaStream version, it seems that Ichigo should have learned about his Quincy powers before touching his Shinigami ones. I don't know... I'm sure one of you guys will have a better idea than me

Sad that Unohana died so quickly and rather easily but, a fairly decent chapter I'd say.

Also! The anime returns in March for those that prefer to watch rather than read! Kubo tweeted about it's return saying something along the lines of him having a new contract with TV Tokyo. March 22nd is the first new air date apparently.
    Meh, i am more curious about Zaraki then Ichigo being QQ mode yet again, and needing to talk a lot now with his father about his and his mom their past...
    His zankaptou will be repaired anyway, no way in hell that they let it the way it is.

Good to hear that the anime will return soon, some of the stuff that happened is just a MUST see!
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    It was so lame to see Unohana "die" so easily and without a PROPER fight with Zaraki. And the lamest thing ever was not to tell his Shikai's name in this episode.... #.# Next couple episodes might focus back on Ichigo now and his talk with his pops about mother, his Quincy side etc. Hoping for some major secret to be revealed though.

Can't wait for the anime to come back, was about time too :>

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY Anime's back that's awesome!.. Also kinda worrying, there's not been THAT many chapters and alot of them were so short we'll probably be seeing 4+ chapters per episode, either we'll be getting fillers in the Anime... or this arc (and by extension Bleach) is nearly over....

Back on the current Chapter....

I FUCKING TOLD YOU! I hate Kubo! I said he'd troll us and cut to Ichirenji this ep and he fucking did at the WORST possible time.

So..... Shocker, the interest character of Unohana is beaten by the boring fan favourite Kenpachi and despite the fact he has enough power now to kill one of the three strongest living captains, they give him MORE power, making the one interesting thing about him not matter any more. p.s. I still think Yachiru should/will be his Zanpaktou's spirit .

As for Renji... Looking pretty boss there so he's going to get a new Zanpaktou, hope they give him a slightly better one than Zabimaru, the bankai was so.. Pointless.. The question is, if he DOES get a new Zanpaktou.. Will he be starting from scratch, or will he still have Bankai etc?

Ichigo is a failure... Is anyone surprised? He's only got this far because of Dues ex Machina, he's a horrible fighter with less skill and technique than Zaraki, if he DOES go away and "Find himself" (more than likely by talking to Isshin, Urahara and maybe Inoue/Rukia) then come back at a later point with either a fixed Zangetsu, or possibly a Quincy Bow (which would be llaammee).

Overall a... wierd chapter, not sure I'm totally happy with the conclusion of the Unohana/Zaraki showdown, even though we all called the ending it still seems a little flat, as for the shift to the Ichigo/Renji arc, well, nothing special happened so there's nothing to really comment on.

yay the animes coming back though!
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

When is the anime due to air again?
    RETH

I get the whole "only one Kenpachi" in an era thing but the whole point of this story line is that there's another massive enemy power so we need more powerful fighters. So they kill off their best fighter to make their 2nd best 1st. Um..... wouldn't you want all your best fighters at your disposal?

Deleted
    Gota agree with Unohana's death being pretty anti-climatic. She's ment to be one of the strongest and you would expect a bit more of a show. I guess the next new chapters will be emo Ichigo unfortuantly

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got to say... the "Senior Captains" aren't making much of a show for themselves. Yama-ji went godmode against "Juha" but it turns out that it was a trap, Unohana has now been killed by Zaraki, and Ukitake is still ill, so will more than likely not fight in the upcoming battles... Lets just hope Shunsui can represent, or the senior captains are all fairly anti climactic.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    MangaStream release

Poor Unohana, the only thing she really did was some healing aaaaages ago and then fighting Zaraki until his true power returned.

At least Zaraki will finally get to learn the name of his sword. I still don't get how its a Zanpakutou though. He had it before he was a Shinigami...
    Also, the guy we say in that one small panel when his Zan was talking, looks a lot like a previous Kenpachi. IIRC, one of the Kenpachi's had an ability to become one with things, or something like that. Sort of like a fusion. It would be hilarious if it turns out that he's been carrying a previous Kenpachi around with him all this time lol

EDIT: Looks like I read these panels wrongly. It seems to be that this is him confronting someone in the past. But it still looks to be a previous Kenpachi. This Kenpachi's power was so great that he could destroy all Soul Society in one go. But, his bankai could only be used every 50 years or something. Be interesting to see what happens.

As for Ichigo, I guess the Asauchi could see that he didn't know all about himself and his Quincy side so, he'll be going back to Isshin and getting the whole story on him and his mother. Now THAT, I can't wait for!
    EDIT: Reading the MangaStream version, it seems that Ichigo should have learned about his Quincy powers before touching his Shinigami ones. I don't know... I'm sure one of you guys will have a better idea than me

Sad that Unohana died so quickly and rather easily but, a fairly decent chapter I'd say.

Also! The anime returns in March for those that prefer to watch rather than read! Kubo tweeted about it's return saying something along the lines of him having a new contract with TV Tokyo. March 22nd is the first new air date apparently.
    Unfortunately, it appears someone was faking Kubo's account. There is no new Bleach anime.

I still find it weird how Ichigo lost to Renji.. i mean did he supress every sort of training he ever went through? Half of his Shinigami life was done training and controlling his hollow form, I'm gonna be pissed if he was stubborn enough to not go all Hollow on Renji's ass. Seriously.. RENJI.. that guy's the weakest supporting char I've ever seen. but w/e

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    I get the whole "only one Kenpachi" in an era thing but the whole point of this story line is that there's another massive enemy power so we need more powerful fighters. So they kill off their best fighter to make their 2nd best 1st. Um..... wouldn't you want all your best fighters at your disposal?
    That's something I disliked about the whole fight-to-the-death situation. No matter who wins, you end up with one less fighter. Of course, if Unohana won, she doesn't get any stronger, so Gotei doesn't gain anything. Now Zaraki was won, and is now stronger than Unohana, but he would have to be a lot stronger than her to make up for the fact they just lost a major fighter and healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    No cos... honour and... tradition... and...... stuff... !

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    That's something I disliked about the whole fight-to-the-death situation. No matter who wins, you end up with one less fighter. Of course, if Unohana won, she doesn't get any stronger, so Gotei doesn't gain anything. Now Zaraki was won, and is now stronger than Unohana, but he would have to be a lot stronger than her to make up for the fact they just lost a major fighter and healer.
    He finally knows his shikai's name, so he will release it's ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    I still find it weird how Ichigo lost to Renji.. i mean did he supress every sort of training he ever went through? Half of his Shinigami life was done training and controlling his hollow form, I'm gonna be pissed if he was stubborn enough to not go all Hollow on Renji's ass. Seriously.. RENJI.. that guy's the weakest supporting char I've ever seen. but w/e
    It's more that the w/e those things were called didn't acknowledge him because he didn't know his complete past, aka his Quincy blood/history. If he gets to know that he will beat Renji again.
    Also; Renji didn't get send flying by the punch :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about This I don't think that's a punch... for a start... he doesn't punch him He uses the ever awesome double finger guns and pushes his back with Kido.

I meant this. When they are just finished inside that healing pool. (Should have been more specific )

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonex View Post
    Ichigo wasn't fighting Renji; they were both fighting the Asuachi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    I meant this. When they are just finished inside that healing pool. (Should have been more specific )
    aaah yeah ok, I'd forgotten about that.

tbh Renji is a bit of a boss, he's just GODAWFUL at picking his opponents , he has a tendency to pick people that he has no hope of beating, due to them being pimped out super captains *cough* Byakuya *cough* and him being a fairly fresh promoted VC whose JUST descovered Bankai. I'm kinda hoping that once he gets a new Zanpaktou/fixes Zabimaru, he'll frak off, train up for a long time, them arrive just when he's needed to stomp on some bitches.

Also, speaking of the scarfed one, where the hell is Byakuya during all this training? He was sent with Ichigo and Renji right? I guess he had to spend more time in the healing pools due to being minced by that scary ass Stern Ritter... I really hope they bring him back and power him up as well, so he's at the same level as Zaraki, I really liked their rivalry, it would be a bit lame if they just left it alone now that Zaraki has been plot armored to stupid levels.

Would be nice to see Renji be a savior for once, instead of the usual "Ichigo, save us all while you are not even a shinigami for a year and we all got +100 year experience"

Byakuya was (near) dead, so i guess he got a very special threatment. Remember; he thought himself (and every reader) that he was dead, and didn't Senbonzakura shatter?
    Frankly speaking, Byakuya SHOULD have died. They only had one "big" loss; Yamamoto. Against what, 4-6? Zaraki killed 3, Yamamoto killed atleast 2.

I hope, that after this arc is over that they make a few more fillers. Like Gallahadd said; the rivary between Zaraki and Byakuya is just awesome, and seeing how both will get new powers(?)/powered up it should be great. Even if it's only a friendly sparring.
    Somehow i can see them fight "together" too, just as they did with Yammy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye tbh Zaraki and Byakuya should both be dead right now. But Zaraki is now suddenly top gun, so I think Byakuya needs to be powered up as well

I don't think Senbonzakura shattered... As Nodt stole the Bankai, then "Killed" Byakuya with it (which I still think makes Byakuya a pimp, the only way he could be beaten was by his own bankai ).

10+ Year Old Account
    Crackpot theorie:

What if the Kenpachi don't simply pass on the name but the Bankai aswell.
    In this page http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/68118643/10 it looks like she gives him her sword and right after that he starts hearing the voice.

If this is the case having such a terible showing of unohana her bankai was because its gonna be shown on zaraki instead.

Wow... That could possible be true. BUT! Didn't the previous captain/Kenpachi already have a bankai?

But let's say they can indeed pass it on, how? Don't you just "hear it or you don't"?
    I like the theorie, but i think it's more that because he surpressed his real power he couldn't hear it. It COULD explain why he just got it now and why Unohana's bankai isn't explained.