10+ Year Old Account
    Lame! It was all like bitch I'm Kenpachi. Then Gremmy tried to imagine himself stronger and he blows up because it's fucking kenpachi.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    Lame! It was all like bitch I'm Kenpachi. Then Gremmy tried to imagine himself stronger and he blows up because it's fucking kenpachi.
    That doesn't sound lame, jus a testament to how badass Kenpachi is, but it was executed poorly. Dead in a page. Kubo could have trimmed out the first page of the chapter to add an extra page for the death and it would have made more sense.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    After reading it a second time through, it wasn't that bad. Kenpachi surviving the vacuum of space was cool. Gremmy killing himself by accident was kind of funny. "I'm going to imagine myself stronger than you even though you're stronger than I can imagine!" Set himself up for that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the only one who finds kenpachi really one dimensional and by extension his fights also. Seems they all involve him just brute forcing till he gets bored/injured then more slashing shit till his enemy dies. I mean yeah his fights look cool most of the time, but I just find the other captains more interesting.

I actually thought the fight was gonna last another chapter and I was upset. But this is okay.

How Kenpachi defied the physics of time and space I don't know, but...

So what's on the order for the next chapter? Flashback? Volstandig?

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Well that's the thing. If Kenpachi doesn't in fact have his Bankai, then Kubo's going to save revealing Nozarashi's actual ability for a later date.
    I still hope he doesn't have Bankai. He hasn't even taken off his eyepatch...

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I thought they were , didn't he say something about Nozorashi being able to cut through ANYTHING? Or was that just about him being redonkastronk?

Gotta agree with most of you though, kinda lame chapter and I SUPER anticlimactic.

Although this does mean that we'll get a new fight soon, fingers crossed it'll be either Byakuya or Shunsui!
    I really hope it's Kenpachi being Kenpachi. I mean, pre release he was talking about being able to cut thru anything and did that already so yeah...

For the love of god please Shunsui! But he won't be happening yet :/ I think we will go back to Renji with NaNaNa Najahkoop (U) or maybe Shinji but seeing how he is kinda useless... He didn't reveal his Bankai yet so yeah.

12 unknown Sternritter powers. Still curious to the old guy who fought and wounded Shunsui as he is the only one left unnamed as of now.
    Askin Nakk Le Vaar (dat name) vs Kurotuschi again? Seeing how they pretty much said no to each other at the second invasion and Kurotuschi has his secret weapon thing left...
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    Back to Rukia is my hope....
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    I am the only one who finds kenpachi really one dimensional and by extension his fights also. Seems they all involve him just brute forcing till he gets bored/injured then more slashing shit till his enemy dies. I mean yeah his fights look cool most of the time, but I just find the other captains more interesting.
    Yes I fail to see why he is so bad ass. He's mostly flashbacks. His fights where just him swinging with two hands or taking off his eye patch and brute forcing everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitenx View Post
    Not at all, I find Zaraki a painfully boring character most of the time, that's why in the old "Zaraki vs Byakuya" feud I was always firmly in Team Byakuya

And I don't know why and as much as I WANT him to be next... I think they're saving Shunsui for RIGHT at the end... Like it'll be Shunsui's showdown with (probably) Haschwalth, then Ichigo Vs Juha then Bleach is over. I'm hoping next we get to see Byakuya properly fight, maybe Renji goes up against nanananana nincompoop, gets a bit owned, Byakuya steps in all "sup... names Kuchikia Byakuya... You don't know this... But you're already dead... Senbonzakura Kageyoshi"

**KERSPLATTT**
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Where is Uryu in your calculations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Where is Uryu in your calculations.
    Dead in a gutter like the bitch he is.

But seriously, I think him and Ichigo will have a "showdown" where he'll reveal *yawn* That he only joined with the sternritter to bring them down from the inside, or some other equally stupid and boring shit.

As much as I'd like Ichigo and Ishida to have some climactic showdown, where Ishida rails against Ichigo and all of the Shinigami being bastard and shouts that he's always hated them all... Doubt that'll happen.

But from recent evidence (the conversation between Haschwalth and Ishida a few chapters back) it was not so subtly implied that Ishida COULD be trying to play double agent... which is weak sauce.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Like Uryu is a challenge for Ichigo tho... What does he have on Ichigo? Pretty much nothing.
    It will be probably something along the shouting lines yeah, how he saw everybody grow stronger, how he lost his parents or something. That Isshin killed Uryu's mother.

But he can't play double agent anymore, right? He drank the blood of Juha which gave him a part of Juha's soul so Uryu has now also a Sternritter power based on the A.
    Strange thing is, that apparently the Shinigami also have a part of Juha's soul. That means when they die, their souls go to Juha too, and he gets their powers...

In the end i hope more for Orihime and Sado to fight Uryu (well, more like Sado vs Uryu and Orihime as support) because honestly, they can't fight the Sternritters themselfes and it would be overkill for Ichigo to fight him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Like Uryu is a challenge for Ichigo tho... What does he have on Ichigo? Pretty much nothing.
    Uhhh, he has the power of Bach? Pretty sure that counts for something. If you kill one, the other becomes near infinitely stronger.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    There are three important bits of information:
    - Kenpachi isn't the first one with 2 Shikais.
    - As the Zanpakuto is closely related to the Shinigami, it's quite possible the true form of the Shikai was locked (see why below)
    - There have been multiple situations where a character states something as the truth, and shortly after realizes he is wrong. They always "seem to know what they're talking about", but then are proven wrong.
    Example:
    When Ichigo cleaves the Menos Grande in half, Uryū Ishida starts "analyzing" Ichigo's reiatsu and compares Ichigo to a water tap running at full power and unable to close.
    He later realizes he's wrong and that the "water tap" is just dripping.

Remember that the next time you use past statements - that are potentially just opinions - to defend your views.

Zaraki's shikai looks really cool.

---

Off-Topic: Can't wait to see what happens to Tia Halibel. I really hope Kubo doesn't ruin her...
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-04-24 at 12:13 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    Uhhh, he has the power of Bach? Pretty sure that counts for something. If you kill one, the other becomes near infinitely stronger.
    Ehhhh he got a part of the soul of Juha. That's all. We know NOTHING of the power he received from it. And unlike Juha, he doesn't get the powers of the souls of those that die.

Again; what does Uryu have on Ichigo? Ichigo changed so much since they last were together. Uryu wasn't even there in the Aizen fight. Was he even there in the Fullbring arc? Don't really know anymore for sure but as far as i know, he wasn't.

Don't forget; Ichigo was with Squad Zero. All we know of Uryu is that he drank blood of Juha, got a letter A and a power with him what we know nothing off. Nobody is stronger then Ichigo as far as we know right now, maybe Squad Zero can still beat him but we don't know their strenght.

I wanted to say Halibel was in Hueco Mundo, but she was captured. Forgot that. But wasn't she used for souls / Hollows?

15+ Year Old Account
    We know the letters indicate level of power, and the only person possessing the Alpha before Uryu is Juha Bach. Further, Bach specifically notes that Uryu has something in him that allowed him to survive the purge when he should have died. As for what happens when one dies, that isn't clear yet, but if Bach wants him as the next King of the Quincym I can only assume that the powers will be near identical.
    BfA Beta Time

Uhhhhh pretty sure Uryu is like the 3rd strongest character in this manga right now. Everyone else gets a crazy powerup except for him, after he had beer with Juha Bach? I don't think so.

As for Orihime and Chad fighting him...the Fullbringers still have to show up so it's possible they gang up against him, but...it's hard to say right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Swizzlington View Post
    We know the letters indicate level of power, and the only person possessing the Alpha before Uryu is Juha Bach. Further, Bach specifically notes that Uryu has something in him that allowed him to survive the purge when he should have died. As for what happens when one dies, that isn't clear yet, but if Bach wants him as the next King of the Quincym I can only assume that the powers will be near identical.
    Not sure if i misunderstood but really? Sorry but their letters dont indicate their level of power, it's merely used as designation. To say what their power is, not how strong they are.

Was Bambietta strong? Not at all. But she had the E. How about Opie, the J. Not really strong either.
    Sure, they had the wrong opponent and could be strong if they had a different one, but come on. Would you really put somebody like Gremmy as one of the weakest members compared to the others?

Juha said that Uryu had something that made him survive the selection when he killed all non pure Quincy (cause you know, impure mother). Uryu has something that can surpass Juha. Can! Not will, he CAN.

He said that Uryu would be successor so all the Sternritter members would keep an eye on him, just in case he actually is a double agent. We don't know if it will be true or not, cause for all we know Haschwaltz can still be the successor to the Quincy throne. Well, what is left of it anyway after this.

Again, not sure if misunderstood.

Uryu being 3rd strongest character in the manga right now? I'd place him top 10, but not top 3. There are a lot of people left that are stronger in my eyes.

Ichigo is the strongest right now (duh, it's main character...)

But what about Byakuya? Kenpachi? Urahara? Ukitake? Shunsui? We haven't seen their true powers for now, and those are only Shinigami captains. Yes we haven't seen Uryu's power either yet, but again; i would not place him top 3.
    He's a genius in fighting, but against captains with hundreds of years of experience, no.

Fullbringers will be pretty useless i think, i just don't see them really win against a Sternritter member. Even with the little piece of Ichigo that they got i just don't really see them win any fight when Captais were already losing hard :/
    That's why i can still see Orihimi and Chad fight against Uryu rather then others. Same as with the Sternritters, they can't really fight a Sternritter member, they have always been side line against weak guys...

10+ Year Old Account
    No new Bleach/One piece/Naruto this week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    No new Bleach/One piece/Naruto this week?
    Golden week, so nope