10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's weird since one piece is out. There seems to be an issue because WSJ always hits the net so much earlier than actually being published.
    Also as I've said several times, I always go by mangastream translations. They are just superior.
    According to several posts on the Bleach subreddit, the people who provide the scans of the chapters were arrested causing the delay in the chapters being released. I get the feeling we might be moving to Friday releases in the same way we moved from Wednesday to Thursday at some point in the last year.

Chapter is out.

It was okay. The backstory I find very interesting but...not a lot is explained. Or maybe I just don't get it...So Shunsui wasn't banging this lady? And who was it that got executed?

Shunsui working together with Nanao isn't as exciting as the cliffhanger would portray.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope the extent of Shunsui's assistance will be like using his Kageoni ability to move Nanao through shadows to perform sneak attacks on Lille.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Chapter is out.

It was okay. The backstory I find very interesting but...not a lot is explained. Or maybe I just don't get it...So Shunsui wasn't banging this lady? And who was it that got executed?

Shunsui working together with Nanao isn't as exciting as the cliffhanger would portray.
    It appears to me that the Ise Zanpakuto was a sacred artifact of some sort within the Soul Society, and by passing it on to Shunsui for hiding, Nanao's mother commited a huge crime by "losing" it. As such, Nanao's mother seems to be the one executed for it as she was the head of the family (I think?), and therefore the one responsible for losing it.

^

To me it seemed like Nanao's mom got executed because she gave the sword to Shunsui so he could hide it. More to keep Nanao save ofcourse. The 46 didn't like it apparently.

Nanao never really got trained into sword battle... So i guess it's good that Shunsui will help her slash stuff up.

Hopefully the curse doesn't get to Shunsui..
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    MUCH better chapter, good backstory, some more character development for Shunsui, Nanao gets to take a scalp (well... An arm) and next week Shunsui will joint he fight and end this punch bitch Barro once and for all.

Can't wait.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    It appears to me that the Ise Zanpakuto was a sacred artifact of some sort within the Soul Society, and by passing it on to Shunsui for hiding, Nanao's mother commited a huge crime by "losing" it. As such, Nanao's mother seems to be the one executed for it as she was the head of the family (I think?), and therefore the one responsible for losing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Nanao never really got trained into sword battle... So i guess it's good that Shunsui will help her slash stuff up.
    Yeah but what's the point of even hiding it? I don't think it was implied that it was the sword that killed off the husbands, right? I thought it was just their luck.
    Like what happens if the lady kept it, then Nanao got married? Nanao doesn't have item so her husband doesn't die.

Also, I'm not getting the subtle difference in Shunsui's cloak and removing the hairpins. Why was that significant?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like Kubo is just making it up as he goes. Powers of convenience and vice captains one upping captains once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Yeah but what's the point of even hiding it? I don't think it was implied that it was the sword that killed off the husbands, right? I thought it was just their luck.
    Like what happens if the lady kept it, then Nanao got married? Nanao doesn't have item so her husband doesn't die.

Also, I'm not getting the subtle difference in Shunsui's cloak and removing the hairpins. Why was that significant?
    The sword was supposed to be cursed. That's why the men died.
    Look at Nanao's mom; she didn't believe in the curse. Yet, her husband / Shunsui's brother died at a early age. Could have been bad luck, but i don't think thats how it works...

The pins and kimono were of her mom. The pins were atleast, cause his brother used to wear them.

As to why he changed it, i don't know. Maybe the burden (i dunno what burden though) became too much for him?

I really hope it wasn't the last of Shunsui's Bankai... It looked cool, but was kinda dissapointing :/

Especially now that if you think about it, it has rather simple connections to Shunsui.
    Water>Burden
    Disease>Brother
    Throat cut>Brother's wife

Once again it has loose ends all over it. *sigh*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Seems like Kubo is just making it up as he goes. Powers of convenience and vice captains one upping captains once again.
    Except Nanao did... nothing. She got one good cut in and then just sat there looking scared as Barro charged up his facelaser.

Next chapter, Shunsui will step in and hopefully finish the fight. Possibly with Katen Kyokotsu in one hand and Shinken hakkyouken in the other.

That would be badass...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    So he is her uncle... he is the definition of creepy uncle.

no chapter this week?

10+ Year Old Account
    Expect all WSJ manga to be released on Friday from now on.
    Why do you say that?

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the excuse for the delay in chapters this week is thanksgiving. Also, I've heard the translator for Bleach on mangastream is not available this week so they've had to try and get their old translator to do it for them like they apparently had to last week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because of the arrests last week?
    That's a pretty solid reason.

Well.. that was anti-climatic...

I wonder if the story will actually continue now =/

15+ Year Old Account
    WTF short chapter. Lame.

That chapter felt really short...

And they didn't even do anything. Magically his attack gets reflected back and that kills him. Technically that's the same way the King of Hueco Mundo died but that fight was badass and this one is super lame.

I don't even have words for how disappointed I am lol..

So is he dead now...? I don't even know anymore. More talk next week.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was anti-climactic.

So basically after 10ish years of waiting we finally get to see the fabled, warned about Bankai of the great Captain Commander Kyouraku Shunsui.

And it's about as effective as a chocolate teapot, just so Kubo can repeated the last fight over and have the scrappy young VC come in and save the day with secret powers we never knew they had.

Fucking YAWN. I honestly couldn't be any more disappointed in Kubo right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    So is he dead now...? I don't even know anymore. More talk next week.. :/
    Well he got cut in half and that made him disintegrate so....I guess he is dead.