Page 2 of 222 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
52
102
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    So buddist + a liking for choppin = racist? WHO KNEW?
    My thoughts exactly.

    I see no evidence of actual racism beyond the story's inflammatory wording and the knee-jerk conclusions one could easily draw... there's more to this than that.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  2. #22
    racism and even more racist police alive and well in america.

    he should be jailed regardless of anything, no excuse for murder, if that was my child and the police do nothing i'd shoot him shoot his family while he watches and go, hey bro self defense i saw you buying that fucking ice tea!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    I'm curious where the racism came across in his facebook page?
    That puzzled me as well. From his facebook page:
    - he likes a lot of popular bands, and prefers heavier sounds which can be seen by his like of various Metal bands, and some heavier electronic stuff
    - he reads self-improvement books and is curious about Zen and Buddhism
    - he likes Yoga, balance workouts and meditation
    - his choice of movies is fairly varied, with mostly mainstream popular titles; nothing special
    - he plays Zynga Facebook games
    - his pictures are nothing special (family, kids, events), mixed with some potentially chuckle-worthy demotivators

    Can someone explain what's racist about his Facebook?

  4. #24
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,564
    I do not see how this incident is even remotely related to "racism" and "gun control" issue.
    WTF are you talking about here?

    So if he would've been white and beaten to death with a baseball bat - it would've been "OK" since it's not racism and*no gun involved?
    What's the fucking difference?

    Way to miss the main issue.
    WTF is 'Hood Watch? Do they have the right to do what Zimmerman did? WTF?

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I do not see how this incident is even remotely related to "racism" and "gun control" issue.
    WTF are you talking about here?

    So if he would've been white and beaten to death with a baseball bat - it would've been "OK" since it's not racism and*no gun involved?
    What's the fucking difference?

    Way to miss the main issue.
    WTF is 'Hood Watch? Do they have the right to do what Zimmerman did? WTF?
    Hood watch is explained by multiple posters above. Wikipedia to the rescue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighborhood_watch

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire McSpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Hole
    Posts
    459
    This story actually sickens me.

    I cannot understand why this murderer walked free

    a man shot an unarmed teen in cold blood.

    I don't know if its racist or not and quite frankly i'm not sure it really matters, what matters is this man MURDERER a 17 year old boy. it was not self defense because he was not attacked by the kid with iced tea and skittles. he just decided to kill someone. he should go to jail for life. period.

    For those saying its because he was racist or that he doesn't appear to be racist on facebook ask yourself this

    if you removed race from it and the fact was that a 17 year old boy was DEAD with skittles and iced tea and a older man was standing over him with a gun would you assume that it was self defense? or would you bring in the guy with the gun?

    because i think most people would see it as murder regardless. I feel so bad for the family who just lost their son because burying your own son is probably the worst feeling in the world.
    Last edited by McSpriest; 2012-03-09 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #27
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by omglazor View Post
    Hood watch is explained by multiple posters above. Wikipedia to the rescue:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighborhood_watch
    I know what Hood watch is. I was just reminding everyone that this is the issue here. Not racism or gun control. Zimmerman had no right to do what he did. This is what you should discuss here. Instead I see people talking about racism + some gun controllers too.

  8. #28
    I want to hear the shooter's side of the story in full detail before I make any conclusions, but I, as a gun advocate, think this guy was messed up and shouldn't have had a Concealed Carry permit at all.

    Now, if the kid did something stupid, like acting aggressively or something, then its mostly his fault.

    More than likely, some racist jerk who jumped to conclusions about why a black kid was walking around at night in his upper class neighborhood.

    And on the issue of crazies carrying guns, I think everyone that wants to own a gun has to go through a process to get a permit every year or two, which includes a written test on gun safety, a thorough background check, and a polygraph test to look for any hateful reasons for getting the weapon/s

  9. #29
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,331
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

    Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    I do not see how this incident is even remotely related to "racism" and "gun control" issue.
    WTF are you talking about here?

    So if he would've been white and beaten to death with a baseball bat - it would've been "OK" since it's not racism and*no gun involved?
    What's the fucking difference?

    Way to miss the main issue.
    WTF is 'Hood Watch? Do they have the right to do what Zimmerman did? WTF?
    What kind of logic...

    How do you equate that anyone would have deemed it "ok" if it was a white. The issue is that the kid was deemed as suspicous because he was walking down the street, gunned down, and the shooter is free. People are held in jail for less and their potential murderer walking free because he taught the kid was suspicious. It doesn't take much for someone to call a black person suspicious except you know, being black.

    Not related to gun control? Racist or not, you have a crazy mother fucker with a gun. Who shoots an unarmed person out of "self defense"? People say he is a Buddhist, and your point? The KKK says they are Christians.

    Race is brought up because in cases like this race is usually involved. Whether it was a white kid in a black neighborhood or a black kid in a white neighborhood. Trying to be colorblind is how the cycle perpetuates itself. I've had people question me while I was walking to my own door because I didn't look like the rest of my neighbors, so please don't try to tell me I'm blowing hot air.

  11. #31
    Stood in the Fire McSpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Hole
    Posts
    459
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I want to hear the shooter's side of the story in full detail before I make any conclusions, but I, as a gun advocate, think this guy was messed up and shouldn't have had a Concealed Carry permit at all.

    Now, if the kid did something stupid, like acting aggressively or something, then its mostly his fault.

    More than likely, some racist jerk who jumped to conclusions about why a black kid was walking around at night in his upper class neighborhood.

    And on the issue of crazies carrying guns, I think everyone that wants to own a gun has to go through a process to get a permit every year or two, which includes a written test on gun safety, a thorough background check, and a polygraph test to look for any hateful reasons for getting the weapon/s
    are you kidding? the kid was unarmed. I don't care if he ran towards the guy arms waving he was UNARMED! self defense does not protect you from murdering an unarmed kid.

  12. #32
    Elemental Lord Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    8,564
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    What kind of logic...

    How do you equate that anyone would have deemed it "ok" if it was a white.
    I do not equate... it was a question... rhetorical one. To show that racism and gun control are irrelevant.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    I want to hear the shooter's side of the story in full detail before I make any conclusions, but I, as a gun advocate, think this guy was messed up and shouldn't have had a Concealed Carry permit at all.

    Now, if the kid did something stupid, like acting aggressively or something, then its mostly his fault.

    More than likely, some racist jerk who jumped to conclusions about why a black kid was walking around at night in his upper class neighborhood.

    And on the issue of crazies carrying guns, I think everyone that wants to own a gun has to go through a process to get a permit every year or two, which includes a written test on gun safety, a thorough background check, and a polygraph test to look for any hateful reasons for getting the weapon/s
    YOU DON'T USE DEADLY FORCE ON AN UNARMED PERSON.

    Its not even remotely self defense unless the kid had some sort of invisible knife and was in the guys house. The kid was 140lb...140lbs. He is a damn twig. The sickest detail about the shooting is that they shooter was suspected to be in his car while he killed the kid.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Shoot a white kid and it's murder, Shoot a Black kid and it's also a hate crime. Reminds me of that South park episode where they punished Cartman severely for throwing a rock at Token, it had nothing to do with race.

    Murder is murder, he shot an unarmed boy in cold blood, race has nothing to do with it.
    No but calling the cops because their is a black kid walking around, he was buying candy, and then deciding to shoot him is racist.

    You honestly believe the shooter would have called the police if it was a unknown white child walking and minding his own businesses

  15. #35
    The Unstoppable Force RICH816's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Portsmouth, UK
    Posts
    22,331
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No but calling the cops because their is a black kid walking around, he was buying candy, and then deciding to shoot him is racist.

    You honestly believe the shooter would have called the police if it was a unknown white child walking and minding his own businesses
    Who knows? He is clearly deranged. Normal, mentally balanced people do not shoot unarmed people of any colour.

    The article that was posted that gives the story is missing too much information.

  16. #36
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    Is the person an Irish supremacists?

    No offence, but that sounds pathetic.

    Maybe the evidence was is his wall, but it says I require an account for that.
    pro-gun liberal

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by UnCorpse View Post
    Is the person an Irish supremacists?

    No offence, but that sounds pathetic.

    Maybe the evidence was is his wall, but it says I require an account for that.
    "They always get away,"

    - Zimmerman talking to the police.

    Of course its not racist on its own. But I know this attitude. Context is everything.

    Martin, who was staying at The Retreat at Twin Lakes townhome community, was walking home from the store when he caught the attention of Zimmerman, who began following the teen in his car. At one point, Zimmerman called 911, telling the operator about a "suspicious person in the area."

    Soon after the 911 call, Zimmerman and the teen got into an altercation. Police declined to comment on who confronted whom first or what the altercation was about.

  18. #38
    I stopped watching the video as soon as the female starting saying " I don't give a shit" and " what the fuck is this". I realized that this is not journalism.

  19. #39
    Titan
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rotherham, England/UK
    Posts
    13,162
    I'd say it was a racist killing. The white guy decides he doesn't want some black kid around his neighbourhood, probably for the fact alone his skin colour is different. Probably thought he was doing something to defend his home when in actual fact, he's just a fucking nutcase that needs to be locked in a cell with "The Big Man" for the rest of his days. And there's only 1 bed. It's a racist killing, that's all there is to it.

    It's not "Well this kid was threatening me and my family with a knife because he's black and i use the very traditional stereotype even though it's outright wrong", it's "This kid was buying candy. I do not like the fact that he's a different race to me. I derped myself because of this so i shot him. BUT IT'S K! I'M NEIGHBOURHOOD WATCH!".

    People like the killer make every single white guy look racist primarily because it's an absolutely appauling state of affairs we live in, where "That's racist!" is called over the very slightest thing JUST because it might get you your own way when you call it. It's the equivalent of a kid stamping his feet, screaming, and laying down on the floor in the middle of the supermarket until he gets what he wants. And i fucking despise both situations. I'm against racism, but i'm even more against these nutcases that cry racist the moment something happens that they don't like.

    How long before we get something like this;
    Don't like the taste of that takeaway pizza? That pizza place is racist!
    Don't like that stray dog that is actually friendly to the people that it lives near? That dog is racist!
    Don't like the colour of the sky? The sky is racist!

    Overboard? A little, yes. My point is that it needs to stop. There needs to be some sort of reform on what happens when this is called. If we don't, we end up getting situations like the above. The past should NOT be having an effect on what currently happens. We all know that white people used black people as slaves in the past. People think it's racist to say that. It's not, it DID happen. It's long since been banned. However, it's because of this that it's seen as ok for someone to say "It's racist" when they see something they disagree with that might be aimed in their general direction. It's used even more when that person is under arrest by someone of a different race.

    "No sir, you're being arrested because you got caught, not because you're Black/White/Halfcast".

    Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    That is the point of a Neighborhood Watch. The fact of the matter is that this lunatic had access to a gun and has admitted to committing this crime. And as far as I know, he was let go free from the scene of the crime. It's a travesty that this even happened, regardless if it was a gated community or not.
    So, in order to commit murder in the US, i've simply got to say i'm part of neighbourhood watch? Honestly though, it's real silly that this even happened. Because NW aren't meant to take action themselves, he should have lost any and all priveledges he previously had as a normal human being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    That's BS and you know it. How else is a fine, upstanding white gentleman supposed to defend himself against a dangerous black teen armed with iced tea and Skittles? How?!
    At first i was like "Oh no.... not one of these", and then i was like "OMGLOL! ".

    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    As a white man i also have to be careful where I walk, racism is not limited to one race.
    We all know where it leads though. Laws simply can't get rid of stereotyping and the "That's racist!" attitude the moment a white person and a black person happen to cross paths.

    Quote Originally Posted by Plagued00 View Post
    Guns don't kill people. Idiots with guns kill people.
    And unfortunately, to get rid of the idiots, we need to use the guns. Either that, or get rid of the "Warning! High Voltage" and "Do not walk on roof" signs. Natural selection enforced by man regardless of race, gender, religion, knowledge, colour of underwear, etc.
    [...]

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    YOU DON'T USE DEADLY FORCE ON AN UNARMED PERSON.

    Its not even remotely self defense unless the kid had some sort of invisible knife and was in the guys house. The kid was 140lb...140lbs. He is a damn twig. The sickest detail about the shooting is that they shooter was suspected to be in his car while he killed the kid.
    You can't tell if someone is unarmed or not. The reason why they call it a concealed weapon is because its concealed. I know! /gasp.

    If someone is acting suspiciously, then makes an aggressive act toward you, then you should act to defend yourself. You don't know if they have a weapon or not.

    We know NOW that the kid didn't have a weapon. Watch captain guy didn't know that.



    HOWEVER, he still jumped to conclusions in a bad situation. He shouldn't have been armed out there anyway, and his taking action after calling the police shows some kind of ulterior motive to this incident.

    But, with the information given, there is not enough evidence for me to say one way or the other if this was actually murder, or a tragic case of self defense gone wrong.

    As Gandalf says "Do not be so eager to deal out death and judgement, for even the very wise cannot see all ends"
    Last edited by IIBloodXLustII; 2012-03-09 at 05:43 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •