1. #4421
    The Lightbringer KingHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in KY, USA
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    My intention was to link sources. I usually give a quote from the article so that people who are interested don't avoid the link in fear of virus, etc. It's mostly a courtesy to give them an idea of what they're about to click on.
    So now you weren't trying to summarize, you were actually trying to protect the world from fear of viruses. Understood.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    If you'd like, I will happily submit all my future postings to you so that they get the KingHorse stamp of approval before I unleash it on the world. Or, you can just forget assumptions and treat people respectfully.
    Allowing me to approve your links would likely be easier than all that backpedaling you're doing. Though the backpedaling is better exercise for lean calf muscles.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

  2. #4422
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    So now you weren't trying to summarize, you were actually trying to protect the world from fear of viruses. Understood.

    Allowing me to approve your links would likely be easier than all that backpedaling you're doing. Though the backpedaling is better exercise for lean calf muscles.
    I haven't backpedaled anything. You correctly pointed out that there was more to the article than my chosen summation. Good job. Just stop being an asshole about it.

    It's disturbing that you possibly find enjoyment in creating and destroying a strawman in the form of me, when all you had to do was point out that there was more to the story.

    EDIT - I never intended to implant my opinion, only to originally answer a poster's question about "the latest".

    ---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 02:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    So now you weren't trying to summarize, you were actually trying to protect the world from fear of viruses. Understood.
    I apologize for being courteous, apparently that's a no-no in your book.
    Last edited by Chonogo; 2012-05-25 at 07:44 PM.

  3. #4423
    The Lightbringer KingHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in KY, USA
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    I never intended to implant my opinion, only to originally answer a poster's question about "the latest".
    Your selection of what to quote indicated an opinion, as I can think of no other way you could possibly pick that little snippet out of four articles that contradicted the rest of the articles. Perhaps I was wrong and you weren't trying to shape opinions with it. But I think you can understand why someone might make that mistake.

    And stop getting your feelings hurt, you're better than that.
    Last edited by KingHorse; 2012-05-25 at 07:59 PM.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

  4. #4424
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Your selection of what to quote indicated an opinion, as I can think of no other way you could possibly pick that little snippet out of four articles that contradicted the snippet. Perhaps I was wrong and you weren't trying to shape opinions with it. But I think you can understand why someone might make that mistake.
    Sure, I could understand why someone would make that mistake, like Maleficus who assumed I just made the shit up.

    But not from you. You're better than that.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    And stop getting your feelings hurt, you're better than that.
    I don't enjoy snark from respected posters, when a simple, cordial correction would suffice. Just because you're anonymous doesn't mean you should be disrespectful. And besides, it's in my nature to be snarky when I'm snarked at.

  5. #4425
    The Lightbringer KingHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in KY, USA
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Sure, I could understand why someone would make that mistake, like Maleficus who assumed I just made the shit up.

    But not from you. You're better than that.
    Actually I was trying to shoot down what I took for an obvious attempt at bullshitting people who were too lazy to read the article (which is most people) and not necessarily a personal attack. I shouldn't have turned it that way, it's terribly bad form.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

  6. #4426
    Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    Actually I was trying to shoot down what I took for an obvious attempt at bullshitting people who were too lazy to read the article (which is most people) and not necessarily a personal attack. I shouldn't have turned it that way, it's terribly bad form.
    I don't like bullshit. That should be in my signature so it's clear. Besides, I'm 37 with a wife and 2 kids, I don't have time for bullshit these days.

    Now let's get back to talking about how Zimmerman's a KKK-loving racist.

  7. #4427
    The Lightbringer KingHorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in KY, USA
    Posts
    3,742
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonogo View Post
    Now let's get back to talking about how Zimmerman's a KKK-loving racist.
    Don't you mean how Zimmerman worked at a homeless kitten shelter, helped old ladies cross busy freeways, always replaces the toilet paper roll and almost never takes a penny from the give-a-penny-take-a-penny thingy? In fact, he's always a great guy. Except Tuesdays. Because fuck Tuesday.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •