Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/ for anyone who want's to donate to help this guy out since he has to live in fear for his life, had to quit his job, and is probably going to have more than 1 lawsuit (criminal or civil) against him in the future because he was defending himself against an assailant.
    I would proly send some money to Z-man, No real way to know if that is legit.

http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/ for anyone who want's to donate to help this guy out since he has to live in fear for his life, had to quit his job, and is probably going to have more than 1 lawsuit (criminal or civil) against him in the future because he was defending himself against an assailant.
    Under Florida law Martins parents have no right to sue him. Since the police have determined it to be a justifiable homicide, under Florida law he is immune to civil lawsuits stemming from it.

Also the only reason you go to a Grand Jury is if you feel there is enough and want to see what they think. The fact that it was called if says one of two things:

1. They want to get more evidence (which at this point there isn't going to be anymore)

2. The prosecutor (who would be at least the second to look at this case) knows that there isn't enough to even get to trial and is just going to close the case.

Personally I think that number two is what's going on here. At the end of the day he is protected under Florida law. They can chant, rant, riot all they want. Nothing they do will have Zimmerman behind bars.

END OF STORY.

Deleted
    Really... REALLY?

How bout America move into the 21st century and start changing some of their middleage control laws. America is a joke of a nation.

User infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-04-10 at 07:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybreed View Post
    Really... REALLY?

How bout America move into the 21st century and start changing some of their middleage control laws. America is a joke of a nation.
    Where do you live?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Where do you live?
    Denmark...

Unintentional troll is best troll ?? ;O I bet moderator was american. (oh no he didn't !!)

If you have an issue with moderation, PM Sunshine or Boubouille, do not discuss it in public.

Moderation teams remind me of the MPIAA. You can't take sarcasm now? honestly. I know this whole topic regarding the young black kid who got shot by a white man is a sensitive subject and all, and i'am in no way in a position to turn such a important case into a trolling fest.

There was no trolling intended, if it was trolling fine. I'll take the infraction on the chin. I meant what I said, and in the manner I said it. I could fine COUNTLESS reports from experts contradicting claims of increased security when it comes to guns, and the endless jibber jabber which is associated with gun control laws. The reference to being middleaged was a view on the American constitution, and the 2nd amendment which people advocate to be a justified claim, I fine the 2nd amendment to be completely and utterly OUT OF ITS TIME. (hence middleaged - you get it now??)
    Last edited by mmoc88c997ff81; 2012-04-10 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Because I wanted to

*snippity snip*
    Be prepared to hear that since you're Danish, that you don't know about "black stuff" from white Americans, despite the fact that too many are just as ignorant. Which has been demonstrated in this thread, numerous times.

Infracted
    Last edited by Booshman; 2012-04-10 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Denmark...

Unintentional troll is best troll ?? ;O I bet moderator was american. (oh no he didn't !!)

If you have an issue with moderation, PM Sunshine or Boubouille, do not discuss it in public.

Moderation teams remind me of the MPIAA. You can't take sarcasm now? honestly. I know this whole topic regarding the young black kid who got shot by a white man is a sensitive subject and all, and i'am in no way in a position to turn such a important case into a trolling fest.

There was no trolling intended, if it was trolling fine. I'll take the infraction on the chin. I meant what I said, and in the manner I said it. I could fine COUNTLESS reports from experts contradicting claims of increased security when it comes to guns, and the endless jibber jabber which is associated with gun control laws. The reference to being middleaged was a view on the American constitution, and the 2nd amendment which people advocate to be a justified claim, I fine the 2nd amendment to be completely and utterly OUT OF ITS TIME. (hence middleaged - you get it now??)
    You aren't really that good in history are you? Well I am not sure there is any point in discussion with someone who thinks middle ages extended to the end of 18th century, but I will try.

There also are countless reports suggesting that relaxing gun control have reduced crime rate (for example check Texas after concealed carry was allowed). Fact is there is no casual relationship between gun laws (Switzerland with Assault rifle in most homes having lower crime rate than GB with absolutely no guns for example) and crime rate. Other factors are much more important than avaiability of guns to law abiding citizens, such as economic situation, ethical cohesion, social situation, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Isotope View Post
    Under Florida law Martins parents have no right to sue him. Since the police have determined it to be a justifiable homicide, under Florida law he is immune to civil lawsuits stemming from it.
    I don't know if what you are saying is that can't sue him for anything (which I doubt you are) but you know how people are. They'll sue saying you caused them PTSD or depression or you killing their son causes them to wake up nightly, etc.

At the end of the day, if people read my comments they'll see that I'm a little more supportive to zimmerman than martin but everything he's said jives with the law to me, so yea, people have their own opinions.

I do think that a.) living with the image of a person you just shot for the rest of your life, b.) probably not really being able to hold a job for awhile since alot of employers won't really like the attention they'll be getting, c.) having things thrown at you, your car, your house/apt and d.) just a general fear of your life for killing a black person (yea I said it, it's true there's already been a ton of racist things happen at the hands of blacks "for trayvon" to random people let alone the actual guy who killed him, will be alot more "harm" to him than sitting in a jail for X amount of years.

Oh, and according to CNN the site is "legit" but of course you never know. The thing I find great in everything that I've seen for "images" on this whole story I've never once seen things for "zimmerman" like "justice for zimmerman" "long live zimmerman", etc. It's nice to see there is people who do support him out there instead of 1 side stories always about martin.
    Last edited by alturic; 2012-04-10 at 01:08 PM.

The law states Zimmerman was legally able to use a gun on someone who's causing him "great bodily harm" or "imminent death".
    Correct, but what about a situation that is created by the shooter.

1) behave in a way that makes your target fearful provoking them to run - check
    2) pursue and intercept them - check
    3) stand your ground - check
    4) shoot in "self defense" - check
    5) premeditated murder completed - check

I'm not saying this was zimmermans intent, but it is a blueprint for the future and why this case need to be brought to trial and the law reexamined/overhauled

The family of trayvon is most likely to sue the homeowners association. way more money and lack of over sight leading to a death.
    Last edited by tombstoner139; 2012-04-10 at 01:48 PM.

I don't know if what you are saying is that can't sue him for anything (which I doubt you are) but you know how people are. They'll sue saying you caused them PTSD or depression or you killing their son causes them to wake up nightly, etc.

At the end of the day, if people read my comments they'll see that I'm a little more supportive to zimmerman than martin but everything he's said jives with the law to me, so yea, people have their own opinions.

I do think that a.) living with the image of a person you just shot for the rest of your life, b.) probably not really being able to hold a job for awhile since alot of employers won't really like the attention they'll be getting, c.) having things thrown at you, your car, your house/apt and d.) just a general fear of your life for killing a black person (yea I said it, it's true there's already been a ton of racist things happen at the hands of blacks "for trayvon" to random people let alone the actual guy who killed him, will be alot more "harm" to him than sitting in a jail for X amount of years.

Oh, and according to CNN the site is "legit" but of course you never know. The thing I find great in everything that I've seen for "images" on this whole story I've never once seen things for "zimmerman" like "justice for zimmerman" "long live zimmerman", etc. It's nice to see there is people who do support him out there instead of 1 side stories always about martin.
    In other words you support a man who kills a child because he is has it so hard now and we need to feel sorry for the ohh so poor bastard...

Fuck him and he's supporters for supporting a twisted minded self righteous lowlife.

Quote Originally Posted by tombstoner139 View Post
    Correct, but what about a situation that is created by the shooter.

1) behave in a way that makes your target fearful provoking them to run - check
    2) pursue and intercept them - check
    3) stand your ground - check
    4) shoot in "self defense" - check
    5) premeditated murder completed - check

I'm not saying this was zimmermans intent, but it is a blueprint for the future and why this case need to be brought to trial and the law reexamined/overhauled

The family of trayvon is most likely to sue the homeowners association. way more money and lack of over sight leading to a death.
    You can bring the case to trial, but the law is on Zimmerman's side. You can create a situation, and then shoot in self-defence when that situation gets ugly, and that's okay according to the law. The law should be changed, yes, but you can't retroactively apply the law to something that happened 2 months ago.

Also, Zimmerman wasn't official neighbourhood watch, he was self-appointed, last time I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    You can bring the case to trial, but the law is on Zimmerman's side. You can create a situation, and then shoot in self-defence when that situation gets ugly, and that's okay according to the law. The law should be changed, yes, but you can't retroactively apply the law to something that happened 2 months ago.

Also, Zimmerman wasn't official neighbourhood watch, he was self-appointed, last time I heard.
    Then the Homeowners association needs to show how they attempted to distance themselves from zimmerman, if they even knew of Zimmerman existence.
    If however they did know he was acting on there behalf and representing himself as such, then they needed to stop him or begin a law suit to protect the homeowners organization. other wise they are vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post

There has to be some sort of civilian version of entrapment, where you can't attack someone or force them to attack you and then claim self-defense when you push that fight to an extreme end.

If the girlfriend's testimony about hearing him approached, questioned, and-she believes-pushed to the ground, were used at trial I feel like that would have at least some weight. The analyzed recording of 911 calls wouldn't have to take center stage then, but only support.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketsurgeon View Post
    There has to be some sort of civilian version of entrapment, where you can't attack someone or force them to attack you and then claim self-defense when you push that fight to an extreme end.

If the girlfriend's testimony about hearing him approached, questioned, and-she believes-pushed to the ground, were used at trial I feel like that would have at least some weight. The analyzed recording of 911 calls wouldn't have to take center stage then, but only support.
    In a way there is. Shoot first and it would be legal...

Why are you guys still discussing this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    You aren't really that good in history are you? Well I am not sure there is any point in discussion with someone who thinks middle ages extended to the end of 18th century, but I will try.
    The "value" of a expert report imo. had dropped significantly over the years, you can pretty much find a REPORT that will support your claim on anything now-a-days.

Listen American, don't get all frustrated with me because you don't understand what I meant with being "middle aged" - And imo. the American constitution is MIDDLEAGED, hell - It's a COMPLETE PARADOX. More than half of the American constitution is not even OPLIFTED. But the 2nd amendment is the hoyl grail for gun lovers? and why; because it makes them right. And in America, Lobbyism and money talks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Why are you guys still discussing this
    Because the whole gun topic in America is a joke, and some of us are actually trying to convince people that guns have no place is a modern society.

Quote Originally Posted by Azarias View Post
    In other words you support a man who kills a child because he is has it so hard now and we need to feel sorry for the ohh so poor bastard...

Fuck him and he's supporters for supporting a twisted minded self righteous lowlife.
    He killed a man, not a child, sorry 17 is not a child. I'm supporting a man who did what he had to do because he felt his life was in danger and now he has a very large segment of the population who want his head on a platter.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 03:07 PM ----------

The "value" of a expert report imo. had dropped significantly over the years, you can pretty much find a REPORT that will support your claim on anything now-a-days.

Listen American, don't get all frustrated with me because you don't understand what I meant with being "middle aged" - And imo. the American constitution is MIDDLEAGED, hell - It's a COMPLETE PARADOX. More than half of the American constitution is not even OPLIFTED. But the 2nd amendment is the hoyl grail for gun lovers? and why; because it makes them right. And in America, Lobbyism and money talks.

---------- Post added 2012-04-10 at 09:02 PM ----------

Because the whole gun topic in America is a joke, and some of us are actually trying to convince people that guns have no place is a modern society.
    When a large segment of the population uses guns on a daily basis to perform illegal activities, guns will always have a place for those of us who don't perform illegal activities and need to protect ourselves, our families and our property.

So we take away all the guns just to have everyone killing others with knives? Sounds like a great plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    So we take away all the guns just to have everyone killing others with knives? Sounds like a great plan.
    While you're correct, I don't think he realizes that not using a gun people will just move onto the "next lethal" weapon. Ban all knives? Back to baseball bats.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    You can run from a guy with a knife - if you run from a guy with a gun you can still be shot in the back