Quas/exort mix is probably the strongest, in my opinion. If you're very good with force staff/blink dagger you can go forge spirits>blink>ice wall>snap>meteor>blast and you still have tornado as a great CC at short range. It's a ton of damage that quas/wex doesn't have. QW is a one trick pony with EMP, the only other thing it's good for is running in circles and not getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    It's definatly not win/loss. Perfect example = Me. They're my 2 top rated characters, see the glorious amounts of games I win with them >.<

No idea what it's based on
    How was your k/d/a and cs on those games

Don't hurt my Invoker please >.> I'm still of the opinion that Quas/Wex is a much better build than Exort/Other. It's been argued to me that Exort openers are better farming but I don't really see the point when Invoker isn't a hard carry and Tornado/EMP > Cold Snap is such a powerful initiator
    If you come up with a specific strategy for quas/wex build or somehow you need it for your team(which won't happen in pubs), it may be better than quas/exort. But Q/E invoker is superior to Q/W in almost most cases.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-03 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    How was your k/d/a and cs on those games
    My Gyro K/D was good but my Pugna one was kinda bad cause we got hammered

My Gyro K/D was good but my Pugna one was kinda bad cause we got hammered
    %80 of the games I crush enemy team with my invoker. Very high k/d/a but average cs. I'm sitting on 2.5 performance. I really think it's broken not because of my invoker but cm. It's below one bar and I played very well on those games. This is just broken.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-03 at 10:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    %80 of the games I crush enemy team with my invoker. Very high k/d/a but average cs. I'm sitting on 2.5 performance. I really think it's broken not because of my invoker but cm. It's below one bar and I played very well on those games. This is just broken.
    Well I finished a game 17-3 with invoker and my rating didn't improve

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    It can't really be based on CS or KDR, because I feel like those are carry stats. I guess they could just use the average CS/min stat of the hero out of people of your MMR, but meh. I wouldn't be surprised if CM had low kills, high deaths, and HIGH assists, because her ult does a lot of damage, but carries usually clean up house. IDK, maybe its different for every hero.

---------- Post added 2012-08-03 at 08:38 PM ----------

It's definatly not win/loss. Perfect example = Me. They're my 2 top rated characters, see the glorious amounts of games I win with them >.<

No idea what it's based on

I don't think she's that good either. Her ulti is kinda pointless, it can sorta kill towers fast once it's a decent level but there are other heroes who do it so much better and don't have to stand in one spot unable to do anything else but their ulti to maintain the effect.

Don't hurt my Invoker please >.> I'm still of the opinion that Quas/Wex is a much better build than Exort/Other. It's been argued to me that Exort openers are better farming but I don't really see the point when Invoker isn't a hard carry and Tornado/EMP > Cold Snap is such a powerful initiator
    They are different builds. Exort/Quas is much more off-carry like. When I play it, I usually get a force staff then a stygian. Force Staff helps as an escape mechanism, especially if you can get into Ghost Walk mid-game afterwards. But Exort/Quas hits REALLY hard with that desolator, especially with Forge Spirits on a target with Cold Snap. They are just two different roles for the team. If your team doesn't have someone like Tide or SK (etc), I could see going Wex Quas, but Exort build can put out MASSIVE dps. Also, it makes enemy laning HELL if you are good with sunstrike and setting up kills on sidelanes without even being there. Also pretty easy to out-CS a lot of other mids, because you have such high damage.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    maybe its different for every hero
    it seems so

even if im losing most of viper games im getting good stats
    its impossible to get similar results as CM but bars are pretty close

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it frustrates me because I'm like 4-2 as Ursa, and everyone of those games have huge records, but he's at like 1.5/5. I don't really understand it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it frustrates me because I'm like 4-2 as Ursa, and everyone of those games have huge records, but he's at like 1.5/5. I don't really understand it.
    It's apparently not based on items, either. Stout Shield and Phase Boots aren't recommended items on Omniknight, but I get them on him nearly every game and still have a high rating with him.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's apparently not based on items, either. Stout Shield and Phase Boots aren't recommended items on Omniknight, but I get them on him nearly every game and still have a high rating with him.
    Not surprising. DotA isn't always about one set build per hero. Omniknight with a SNY and soul ring was a great ganker support back when I played DotA1, and now with Heaven's Halberd, I could see that being amazing.

They need to make HH ranged, even a little bit :x

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    They need to make HH ranged, even a little bit :x
    Yeah a 200 or 300 range would be sweet.

Yeah a 200 or 300 range would be sweet.
    Can't tell you how many times (like last night!) a Void Chronospheres someone and I'm just running around the edge of it wishing my HH was doing any good. Even 300 range would be super helpful without breaking the item, imo, I rarely see it used anyway.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Can't tell you how many times (like last night!) a Void Chronospheres someone and I'm just running around the edge of it wishing my HH was doing any good. Even 300 range would be super helpful without breaking the item, imo, I rarely see it used anyway.
    Yeah, I try to pick it up after some damage on some strength carries, cuz its great survivability and the disarm is SO good against an enemy carry, I think it goes through BKB's too. I like it a lot actually. Just sucks its melee range. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried building Axe as a support after CLG did that in one of their games... and it's REALLY good, surprisingly good. I did it in a game with unfair bots while jungling and I had tranquil boots + mekansm at about 13:45, which is fucking incredible. Spent the 13 minutes jungling, with a 1/1/1 record, no first blood. I deliberately suicided in order to try and simulate not having a perfect game. I can't really sim having an imperfect jungle with bots, but I also wasn't stacking creeps since I suck at jungling.

Started with shield + ring + salve, finished tranquil boots ASAP, and then went buckler + headdress + mek. Made Force Staff next and Blade Mail after that. Was going for BKB next, but that's because bot teammates are completely useless and bot enemies pretty much spend the entire game running around in a group of 5 after laning ends.

Axe makes a good support because he can farm so efficiently. His ulti allows him to instantly kill dangerous opponents, or he can ult a creep to give his whole team a few seconds of +25% movespeed (for initiating/escaping.) Blink dagger is better for positioning his taunt, but Force Staff has more applications and helps him deal with his crappy mana pool. Blade Mail is pretty obvious on Axe, and because he farms so well, it's very possible he could get Pipe. I was sitting on about 1200g the entire game so I could always buy back, so I could've finished Pipe at about 25-30 mins instead of making Blade Mail. Aghanim's Scepter could also be very useful - again, ult some creeps for move speed, though I think the mana cost would end up being prohibitive if you're being a good Axe and spamming Battle Hunger on everything.

He pushes down creep waves like they don't exist (usual practice is to run between the towers and solo the creep wave so your creeps get to pound on the tower uninterrupted), he rapidly becomes very hard to kill, and his taunt has a pretty high uptime. Oh, and he can kill steal like a motherfucker, though I think in a pro game you'd save the ulti for initiating (again, ulti a creep) or for ensuring someone dies before they can get healed/escape. Oh, and Axe's ulti instantly kills couriers, which is amusing.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

I haven't been a fan of Axe in DotA2. I really, really, reaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy hate his bloody RNG jungling. What's that? Troll camp? No problem, lighter damage output and three units is more spins. JUST KIDDING YOU DIDN'T GET ANY SPINS GO BACK TO THE FOUNTAIN NOOB.

>Axe jungle

He's also pretty easy to kill compared to other tanks, in my opinion. I agree that he's better as a support or even as a "battle axe," I find treads/armlet a pretty solid build on him as it jumps up up to like 2000 health or more mid game by itself and he actually has the damage to kill people if he doesn't get lucky with helix.

I don't know, it just feels like he spins less in DotA2. Every time I try to go tank axe and do something like blink>blademail>heart which would have worked any game in DotA1 I get massively stomped. I have mild success going armlet or scepter instead, but mostly all Axe does mid to late game anymore is just spam hunger on everyone. I can see mek/pipe as a valid build if you're already sitting in the background more spamming hunter and waiting to ult. Lately every time I try to blink initiate it's more of a blink dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    And mouz shows everyone when NOT to play Rubick:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEAqkNKUsaM

I seriously don't know why you'd pick Rubick vs that kind of team. Invoker and Veno are the only real sources of magic damage there, and someone with a Pipe of Insight will be fine for dealing with Veno's ulti.

WR is just insanely versatile. Push, gank, initiate, better str gain than most str heroes. Who else can stun 2 heroes for nearly 4 seconds? And from huge range. At worst it's a long range mini stun to interrupt channelling. And her escape is a 5 second immunity to physical damage. If WR isn't a great hero I honestly dont know what is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    WR is just insanely versatile. Push, gank, initiate, better str gain than most str heroes. Who else can stun 2 heroes for nearly 4 seconds? And from huge range. At worst it's a long range mini stun to interrupt channelling. And her escape is a 5 second immunity to physical damage. If WR isn't a great hero I honestly dont know what is
    Yeah, WR's one of the top tier heroes in my opinion, especially if you can aim shackles. Powershot is amazing especially in the early and mid game... long range, just about instant, and pretty substantial damage combined with low cooldown and pretty low mana cost, too.

I think the point is/was that wr is bad solo hardlane. She's still an awesome solomid and hero overall.