Spectre is pretty broken at the moment for real though, she's giving LD some serious competition for free MMR pick of the patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Spectre is pretty broken at the moment for real though, she's giving LD some serious competition for free MMR pick of the patch.
    Desolate is like, really good. She used to have very little impact without items but even with just boots and aquila and max Desolate (as early as lvl 7) she can have pretty significant impact. Supports with brown boots can't just walk away from 400 move speed illusions and can't soak many 80+ damage swings.

Also, 3/4 position Sven. Seems like a good answer to -armor strategies. Warcry+Vlad's is +25 armor to everything on demand for several seconds, temporarily negates the impact of stuff like Weave, Amp Damage, Acid Spray. Good in aggressive lanes, reasonably tanky, and with iron talon and morbid mask and a value point in cleave, can farm jungle pretty efficiently. Either Vlads->blink or blink->vlads depending on game. Possibly manaboots but I think you really want the IAS on power treads.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Yeah desolate is insane. Especially now that Zeus is so common, these two get put on the same team in high MMR games almost every single match, and it's insane. Once they're both level 6 you can't ever be below like 70% health by yourself or you're dead, the double ult and Spec will dagger and urn you and just walk away while you bleed to death. And she's so good at pushing some lane while the other 4 on her team push somewhere else, daggering through trees makes it very unappealing to try ganking her and if you try to team fight her team thinking it's 4v5 you already screwed up because she is always with her team no matter where she is.

I was running after a Spectre with Ion shell on Dark Seer and even though she had like 10% hp she wouldn't die

Made me sad.

I have not played Dark Seer in a long time though I guess, I didn't remember how long his Ion Shells last.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I was running after a Spectre with Ion shell on Dark Seer and even though she had like 10% hp she wouldn't die

Made me sad.

I have not played Dark Seer in a long time though I guess, I didn't remember how long his Ion Shells last.
    The trick is to cast ion shell on yourself, not the enemy

10+ Year Old Account
    I fucking love Valve. Can't connect to the game because their servers are fucking up, but I'm the one that gets to sit around for 5 mins because of something that's not my fucking fault.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure LD isn't anywhere near as OP as everyone says he is...

But there is literally no way the bear should be able to cast Savage Roar while the hero is CC'd. It's literally retarded that you can Fiend's Grip the hero with Aether and then the bear just gallops toward you at 4000 movespeed and casts E.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    I'm pretty sure LD isn't anywhere near as OP as everyone says he is...

But there is literally no way the bear should be able to cast Savage Roar while the hero is CC'd. It's literally retarded that you can Fiend's Grip the hero with Aether and then the bear just gallops toward you at 4000 movespeed and casts E.
    Nah, he's definitely OP. Hero was middle of the road before the buffs, but he's definitely at the top of the pack if he's played by someone who knows what they're doing. Giving him Synergy for free was probably too much of a buff for one patch, just like giving Invoker Invoke for free was too much of a buff for one patch. And it's not just that, they made Battle Cry even more retarded (seriously, +90 fucking damage at lvl 6?) and gave him an AOE disable to pair with probably the best "bash" in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright I have no idea whats going on. Whenever I play a dota game online (or a lot of the time) I keep getting these impossible to play with freeze frames. As in my my screen literally freezes for half a second every second. So it's like half a second not frozen and half a second frozen for the entire game. But when I do a bot match and have all 9 other heroes spamming the living shit out of their spells (with -wtf cheat on). No stutters at all. Literally none. Why is this happening?

(I'm awfully with computers)

I'm thinking it's an internet problem. Because it doesn't make sense to me why stutters only have been happening in online games and not bot matches. But the thing is my ping is normal in game. ??? I'm at a loss.

- - - Updated - - -

Just played 2 over throw games. One game had 100% freeze frame /stuttering through out its duration. Played another one right after, 0 problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright so I played another game. (real dota game). Had almost no problems, besides a decent lag spike that lasted a few minutes in the early game but that settled. But what I found out later, is that a freeze frame happened once. Just once throughout that game. But what I saw my ping spiking and instantly reverting to normal. So it's something with my internet that keeps randoming spiking really high, really fast. Then it drops back down to normal instantly and then spikes again straight away. At least it's not something wrong with my Pc. <3
    Last edited by Crackleslap; 2016-01-26 at 11:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have been reporting problems with Reborn pretty much since it came out. Every minor update they push out inevitably breaks something.

Hell, they pushed a 24MB update yesterday that broke matchmaking entirely and even after they pushed another 1MB update to fix that, it was still broken for some (including me.)

Dota 2 is basically a beta test for Source 2.

The problem with LD is that he can pull creeps in the offlane and you can't really do anything about it. He can then go take hard camp and you can't do anything about it, and then he can pull again, and then take hard camp again, and repeat. Even if you dedicate a trilane so that he is completely zoned and confined to his tower, he will get every other creep wave and a hard camp which basically amounts to 100% free farm in an offlane 1v3 situation. Your best bet is to leave him to solo your carry since he's going to get free farm either way, and not waste the EXP and try to win the other lanes. Except once LD hits 5 he can solo any hero in the game with on entangle proc, so you can't possibly leave a carry like Spectre to solo him that would be suicide. And, if you ever try to rotate and team fight he takes your tower in 3 seconds.

Combined with his ability to get guaranteed farm, he also has an insane buff from his ult roar, allowing his bear to kill a tier 1 in like 10 swings at level 7. It just takes him no time at all to rip through tier 1s and t2s, you can easily go from a full health tier 1 to being forced to teleport to base to defend your tier 3 in the duration of one early game team fight. Once he gets radiance, he can split push and creep skip for days as well, since his bear can *instantly* teleport back to him at any time with no cooldown or mana cost you can't really "gank" it.

Essentially, the issue is that he has too many tools and everything he does is too safe. Killing his bear is pretty much impossible unless you have a huge amount of CC to spam on it, so he can run it around and do whatever he wants all game at no risk to himself. He pushes insanely quickly, he absolutely wrecks most heroes 1v1 so he creates space just by existing in a lane. It's not unusual to see 10-14 minute rax by a team that includes LD.

Ironically, PA, the new worst hero in dota, is actually one of the best heroes for him, she can dive him and ignore his bear and actually kick him out of the lane 1v1.

And, yeah, Reborn is a load of shit. We knew that the second it came out, though, once people got over their circlejerk hype.

10+ Year Old Account
    FWIW Crackleslap I had a long fucking load time (like 2 mins) for a game and Dota 2 immediately CTD'd as soon as loading finished. I was able to load into the game just fine after relaunching though.

It's just Dota 2 being the beta for Source 2.

Speaking of long things, I've had some godawful long games lately. Sheesh. Some games you just gotta walk from the keyboard to catch your breath afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    rofl

Chen still broken. Alchemist still broken. Invoker still broken. At least you can say Invoker requires you to push buttons but Chen and Alchemist are literally attack-move faceroll heroes.

It's really hilarious how fucking terrible Valve is at gameplay balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never fear Pizzashark! We have the mdl tournament starting in a few hours. So you can enjoy chen more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Never fear Pizzashark! We have the mdl tournament starting in a few hours. So you can enjoy chen more.
    I wonder if Chen's agh's being gutted will change anything. It's a big nerf for his later game but it obviously doesn't affect his early game, he still grabs 4 creeps and attack-moves towers. I'm not even sure it's specific heroes, just a return of the attack-move meta due to map changes. Pushing just seems immensely strong right now.

Yeah I don't see how his nerf to ult CD will nerf what the hero is used for in any way. He's picked because he can pressure lanes and take towers, most Chen games the enemy team is losing their t3s at 15 minutes, long before the cooldown on his ult is even relevant.

The trick is to cast ion shell on yourself, not the enemy
    Nah I stuck it on the tree obviously

I think Spectre was a bit too fast for me, and I already used the movement speed increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol even my 3k players are bitching about this meta and how boring Shanghai is going to be

Disgusting meta, i hope it dies soon.
    Its such aidsball, like a mix of 6.83 hohohaha high ground defence and ti4 deathball, aswell as random 5v5 fights mid at 5min for no apparent reason that result in no objectives taken.