10+ Year Old Account
    I first pick void. Picking goes on blah blah my team picks DP, Rubick, Slark and then blue last picks roaming CK.

Just make my void more useless.

Wish people knew how to pick properly.

I mean, void is still good even then. Chrono two that will fuck up your team, kill the rest of them with your team during it. Enemies using BKB? Chrono 'em. 50% of their duration gone if it's a 10 sec bkb.

Deleted
    Time Dilation is so good that I'm pretty sure it's entirely possible to win Void games without ever skilling Chronosphere. That spell is fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Time Dilation is so good that I'm pretty sure it's entirely possible to win Void games without ever skilling Chronosphere. That spell is fucking retarded.
    Until someone picks no-cooldowns-King

Trying jungle AM in bot matches. I swear to god, I've got 60% chance of spawning trolls.

Yeah, trolls would be bad. If worst comes to worst you can use the two medium camps, I think it's less exp/gold but 0 chance of trolls. I know for a fact you can cliff jungle the mid lane medium camp on radiant side (I do this with brood to get level 3), you used to be able to tree wall jungle the radiant safe lane medium camp, though since it got changed to be closer to the lane it's totally different now and I haven't really considered if that's still a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Until someone picks no-cooldowns-King
    Especially since that particular monarch gives no fucks at all about being caught in a Chronosphere. If he's far enough ahead he might even live through Chrono with health to spare. With Backtrack being removed, he can just manfight Void and come out on top, assuming he can actually catch Void in the first place.

Time Dilation is another one of those hit or miss skills. Its great against the likes of Zeus and Bristleback who'll be spamming like theres no tomorrow and takes them out of the fight almost completely. Its very good against Heroes who frequently use 5-15 second cooldowns in a fight, it effectively doubles the CD to the point they're only going to be able to cast two at most, and allowing you to hit them with Time Dilation again.

Its not so good against one-shot-wonders like Lion or Lina, when all their stuff is on cooldown, someones probably dead anyway and they don't really care at that point. Its highly ineffective against abilities with long cooldowns but high impact, things like Warlocks Fatal Bonds or Upheaval or TB's Metamorphasis. They last a long time, and once they're applied they're almost certainly not going to be casting them again without a Refresher Orb. Then you have the big teamfight ults of course, where seconds extra to the cooldown doesn't really matter too much.

Its almost completely useless against Heroes who rely on their passives, not just WK but Viper who won't care about the debuff, he's already destroyed your attack speed anyway, Drow, Sniper, Huskar. It leaves Time Dilation in a weird spot where its gamebreaking effective some of the time, and not worth casting at others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Yeah, trolls would be bad. If worst comes to worst you can use the two medium camps, I think it's less exp/gold but 0 chance of trolls. I know for a fact you can cliff jungle the mid lane medium camp on radiant side (I do this with brood to get level 3), you used to be able to tree wall jungle the radiant safe lane medium camp, though since it got changed to be closer to the lane it's totally different now and I haven't really considered if that's still a thing.
    I'm probably doing it wrong, because I only managed to do Vlads->Bfury->Treads->Manta within 32 minutes. I just kept getting Wildkins/Trolls in the hard-camp I wanted to cliff from, and most camps otherwise were Centaurs, because fuck me right.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I went vlads that bot game because I literally got so many shitty camps that needed more regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I'm probably doing it wrong, because I only managed to do Vlads->Bfury->Treads->Manta within 32 minutes. I just kept getting Wildkins/Trolls in the hard-camp I wanted to cliff from, and most camps otherwise were Centaurs, because fuck me right.

- - - Updated - - -

Note: I went vlads that bot game because I literally got so many shitty camps that needed more regen.
    here's that one clan_iraq game i was talking about on my phone

here's the replay

dunno if it'll display properly after they changed the jungle tho

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    (hopefully linked it right)
    if you could just post a link instead of embedding the (relatively) xbawks hueg image next time that would be appreciated (this site gets a whole bunch of traffic from people on cell phones)

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post

- - - Updated - - -

If I recall correctly, you essentially want to rush ring of health/mask of death so you can tank shitty camps like trolls on occasion without needing to go fountain, but otherwise just rush bfury first item naked. I'll give it a try tonight if I don't have to spend 6 hours trying to get my daily hero win/waiting on Valve to patch their game 4 times in two hours.

@time distortion
    Yeah, it's mostly an anti-defensive skill. Absolutely perfect against weaver, puck, etc. When it comes to defensive use (as in, stopping enemies from fighting back), I think curse of the silent takes the cake here. Try being a batrider in a team fight against silencer. You will cast oil 2 or 3 times without thinking about it and suddenly have a 40 bloody second duration DoT on you, you will think you escaped just fine with half health only to watch the endless curse slowly drain you to death. Curse might not outright prevent you from using abilities, but it has a psychological effect that essentially does the same thing, and if you ignore it it just kills you instead, which is fine.

I do think new Void is pretty strong, though, but having the best ult in the game doesn't hurt, and time walk makes him soooooo hard to kill if you can't stack CC.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-02-24 at 09:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Day one of Shanghai and

CDEC beats Secret game 1
    MVP.P beats Ehome game 1

Tournament of upsets?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Day one of Shanghai and

CDEC beats Secret game 1
    MVP.P beats Ehome game 1

Tournament of upsets?
    No idea, haven't finished watching the EHOME series, but CDEC played worse than 3k MMR players in game 3 and threw away a win despite Secret being a tier 2 team now.

They pick a fucking WORTHLESS Thrall who literally did nothing all game except throw useless ults, kill Tidehunter with Glimpse exactly once, and then stand in the middle of fights and eat every single fucking Ravage and Black Hole Secret used. I can't be bothered to check the boring fucking drafting phases of games but if they pick Enigma, you pick Silencer and congratulations ENIGMA IS NOW USELESS ALL FUCKING GAME. He black holes, you global silence, and it doesn't matter what fucking items Engima has because you can't purge the silence while channeling and it goes through BKB.

Like, I'm genuinely fucking mad that CDEC lost the game so badly. Players in my 3k games are literally more knowledgeable and self-aware than those numbskulls were. They have a Tidehunter and it's been a couple minutes since the last Ravage? DON'T STACK UP. They have an Enigma and it's been three minutes since the last Black Hole, and we were too fucking retarded to pick a BKB-piercing stun or Silencer? DON'T STACK UP. It's not fucking rocket science, pubs with literally average MMR levels understand this implicitly. Hell, fucking Xz blinks into the Ravage. He was clearly planning on chronoing the Tidehunter before he could Ravage their almost literally worthless Thrall (fucking why? Who cares if the Thrall dies? He's done nothing all game but feed and you wouldn't have caught the actual important heroes like Enigma or Invoker in it, and the rest of your team was out of position!!!) and instead gets caught in the Ravage at point blank which turns into Invoker probably literally rolling his face on the keyboard because fuck that overpowered nonsense hero into eating a full duration Black Hole because there's no way it can miss after a Ravage setup and your team was retarded and didn't draft decent heroes.

But CDEC are apparently literally developmentally disabled and go into Rosh pit, right after Secret leaves it (being chased out of it by CDEC), and knowing that Secret are still hanging around.

While Ravage is up.

While Black Hole is up.

With all but one of their players in the Rosh pit.

HOW FUCKING STUPID DO YOU HAVE TO BE TO NOT REALIZE THIS IS A LITERALLY GAME-ENDING DECISION!? I'm pretty sure a literally retarded child could point out the various ways doing that is a terrible idea, and the hell of it was that they weren't under pressure to take the Rosh. The game was even, even if they didn't stop the Rosh they would've been okay, it's not like they were in a do-or-die situation that forced them to make a stupid choice like that.

I'm looking forward to Secret getting knocked out early, because they're fucking trash now, but I was really hoping CDEC would do it early. I swear to god, Secret's bad enough that my shitty little in-house team that got knocked out in the first stage of the semifinals could probably take a game or two off of them after a few hours of practice. How the fuck is CDEC having so much trouble? Puppey's drafts are so fucking horrible that I don't understand how it's possible to lose.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    I first pick void. Picking goes on blah blah my team picks DP, Rubick, Slark and then blue last picks roaming CK.

Just make my void more useless.

Wish people knew how to pick properly.
    Yup. I don't miss DotA, really. I've been playing XCOM 2 and replaying the Dark Souls games in preparation for April's release, and I can honestly say I don't particularly miss DotA. Pubs are awful and pro games aren't a lot better. Maybe the EG OG games will be worth watching since those teams aren't complete trash. Alliance will probably put on a good show too since there haven't been meaningful nerfs to any of Bulldog's heroes and the 6.86 map heavily favors their playstyle.

- - - Updated - - -

And you know what? While I'm at it, VALVE HOW CUNTING HARD IS IT TO MAKE DOTATV FUCKING WORK PROPERLY? IT CANNOT POSSIBLY BE DIFFICULT TO DO A SIMPLE FUCKING MIC CHECK. YOU HAVE HOW MANY HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS IN YEARLY PROFIT AND YOU CAN'T SPRING FOR A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHICH END OF THE MIC GOES INTO THE SOCKET?
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2016-02-25 at 05:08 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Remember how Aggressif was supposed to be one of the best carries in the game, if not the best? I watched him shoot fewer than 3 arrows during a 10 second BKB, strong play from strong player /s

Secret might not be the best team right now, but if Secret is tier 2 CDEC is certainly tier 3, their performance at TI5 was a joke and their final stomp at the hands of EG should have shown everyone that they are not that good.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2016-02-25 at 06:38 AM.

Deleted
    Just wanted to give a shoutout to all you support players out there keeping my greedy carry ass in the game.
    You're my heroes <3

Deleted
    This is your daily reminder that the English-language streams not having their own production crew at the Shanghai Major (like the Russians do for a similar-size audience) is a fucking travesty and not a single thing of value would be lost if Perfect World corporate headquarters burned to the ground this instant.

Valve has to assume direct control of production in Valve-hosted Chinese tournaments, or at the very least provide an officially sanctioned English-language production crew. To hand over control of an official event to Perfect World and then watch them re-hire the worthless nonces that botched the production of Nanyang and had to be bailed out by the Mineski production team at the Major Allstars tournament is incompetence so laughable that it borders on the outright satire.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-02-26 at 01:47 PM.

I stopped watching after finding out Yames got booted.

Yeaaaaaaaah, I didn't even realize Shanghai Major had started until drama started. Because there is zero vods being put up on relevant channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    DotaTV seems to be working okay now but the fucking UI for selecting games and shit is awful. I don't understand how a company as rich as Valve can be so bad at something so simple.

- - - Updated - - -

I love how TS vs Alliance's first game is like literally 50% pause time because they had an item bug. These production values.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

As I told Manni, the Shanghai Major is a great example for why racism exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pros not buying lens on CK. Dumbasses. It's pretty much 110% better than Drum could ever be for a negligible increase in cost. Solves all of his mana problems in a single slot without requiring him to be reliant on teammates, gives 900 range on Reality Rift, gives extra regen to compensate for Armlet use. CK can get manaboots online at like, what, 3-4 mins in? CK lane with manaboots is non-stop aggression, vastly superior to your shitty treads first build.