God, unbearable to wait and watch whole tournament without 2GD. Day after he was fired, the panel was like 30min, than 1 HOUR BREAK before game. At least 2GD tried hard to keep going. So far watched 3 games first day and never finished one after (beside work affecting my time to watch). Well assed Gabe, easier to fall asleep with this shit production.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, easy to understand why people are mad. I was actually around for the first EG VP game and it was laggy as shit in DotaTV. Swapped to stream where the casters' mics were cutting in and out every few seconds. Then the stream just straight dies about 25 mins in. I'm definitely pretty okay with them shifting the Majors to Russia, let's throw those guys a bone. Russian cities are probably way more interesting than Chinese ones, anyway

- - - Updated - - -

Liquid thrashes VP 2-0 in the LB qualifier and MVP basically destroyed anyone who faced them. Production values aside this is turning into a fairly decent tournament. I imagine EG will win (or maybe Alliance, the patch favors them heavily), but it's good seeing tier 2 teams doing so well.

lol, can't download replays. When I try, Dota 2 crashes. I wonder if anything will come from this shitshow, or if Valve will just ignore everything knowing people will forget a week later.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2016-02-28 at 03:24 PM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

This 2GD guy never annoyed me. His accent was good. It feels like they are trying to cover this unprofessional (i.e., personal) decision with "disrespectful conduct". And Gaben calling people ass on Net...hilarious but he's too old for this shit.

Meh another poorly run E sports tournament add it to the list. Hoping EG wins it! Would be nice to see some Chinese teams do well though.

In terms of the playing dota 2 myself, I've noticed an annoying trend popping up abusing the report system, anyone else seeing this kinda crap "will commend for report on slark" asking the other team to report you because someone decides to troll. And offer free commends because maybe some people care about that. And now low prio is 6 VICTORIES, so you meet a few trolls which is likely because you get the same people in match making quite often and bam low prio and you're looking at one slippery ladder to get out. Also low prio doesn't work for helping clean out the community.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And offer free commends because maybe some people care about that. And now low prio is 6 VICTORIES, so you meet a few trolls which is likely because you get the same people in match making quite often and bam low prio and you're looking at one slippery ladder to get out. Also low prio doesn't work for helping clean out the community.
    Low Priority never has, and in its current form, never will improve the community. It temporarilly removes some, but far from all, of the troublemakers until they scrape enough wins to get out but the fact remains its a punishment tool, not a means to make people see what it is they've done wrong. If anything, it puts someone who's got a track record for venting their frustrations in to a situation thats going to make them even angrier and more frustrated. Having to win to get out is, perhaps, the pinnacle of stupidity.

I know there are some people who belive that low priority is full of people who are the scum of the earth and worse than Hitler etc etc, but the reality is that its mostly just people who got DCed in one too many games and got slapped with the punishment. Its hillariously ineffective at catching the people who consistently ruin games for other players, except in the most extreme situations.

Reporting itself is fundamentally broken due to the limited number you get. All you need to do to avoid being reported is stop just short of being the biggest dick that people have seen for the month. Thats not okay. Just because you're not the absolute worst of the worst doesn't mean you can carry on trolling and flaming. The whole thing needs an overhaul from top to bottom as far as I'm concerned. The fact you're unlikely to get reported unless you go to extreme lengths basically makes low priority an ineffective deterent. Even if you put people in Low Priority for a million years, they'd just create a new account and carry on doing what they were doing.

Theres nothing about the entire process which is going to help people fix their behaviour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit DkPhobos playing his fucking heart out in game 2 of EG v VP. That guy earned MVP more than any other player in the tournament so far, IMO.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

No better feeling than loggin in to doto and getting the ''we have taken action'' popup, sure it doesn't really make those in low prio less cancer but at least it makes me feel better knowing that assholes i reported get what they deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    Low Priority never has, and in its current form, never will improve the community. It temporarilly removes some, but far from all, of the troublemakers until they scrape enough wins to get out but the fact remains its a punishment tool, not a means to make people see what it is they've done wrong. If anything, it puts someone who's got a track record for venting their frustrations in to a situation thats going to make them even angrier and more frustrated. Having to win to get out is, perhaps, the pinnacle of stupidity.

I know there are some people who belive that low priority is full of people who are the scum of the earth and worse than Hitler etc etc, but the reality is that its mostly just people who got DCed in one too many games and got slapped with the punishment. Its hillariously ineffective at catching the people who consistently ruin games for other players, except in the most extreme situations.

Reporting itself is fundamentally broken due to the limited number you get. All you need to do to avoid being reported is stop just short of being the biggest dick that people have seen for the month. Thats not okay. Just because you're not the absolute worst of the worst doesn't mean you can carry on trolling and flaming. The whole thing needs an overhaul from top to bottom as far as I'm concerned. The fact you're unlikely to get reported unless you go to extreme lengths basically makes low priority an ineffective deterent. Even if you put people in Low Priority for a million years, they'd just create a new account and carry on doing what they were doing.

Theres nothing about the entire process which is going to help people fix their behaviour.
    It's because it's nothing but negative reinforcement. There's no positive reinforcement, and anyone that's trained a dog much less a human fucking being knows that positive reinforcement is a LOT more effective than negative reinforcement. You don't NEED to punish them (very much) if they know they'll be rewarded for doing the right thing. You can be the nicest, friendliest person ever. Like... 20 Hannas of niceness and friendliness. And still lose games, and still have people treat you like shit, and still just have a rotten experience.

You don't receive any kind of reinforcement that what you're doing is right, that what you're doing is making things better for everyone else. So it's not at all surprising that the higher in MMR you get, the more toxic people become, because you have to play a LOT of DotA to get there, and by time you get there you're just so fucking sick of all the stupidity that, well... you aren't rewarded for being nice, and the punishment for being a dick is equivocal at best, so why put in the effort to be nice?

Alliance won't even place, bold prediction made. They are not a good team and they already abused the meta before anyone else had it figured out, people will stomp them when it counts now that the patch has had time to simmer.

@Low Prio
    Said it before I'll say it again, if you ever get LP you 100% deserved it. You have to get reported a stupid amount to get it, and you also have to abandon a ton of games. If your internet isn't stable enough to keep you online for ~30 minutes, you can't play dota, sorry.

I think they have changed the requirements to get put in LP quite a bit. Nowadays it definitely requires effort to end there. That said, it was previously 2 abandoned games within a week of each other and you got automatic LP. Dunno if that changed.

However, I think that's glossing over the conversation. The conversation wasn't whether they belonged there, but whether or not it's effective.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want Fnatic to beat EG! Even though I love ppd! xD

Fnatic is the team I've decided to root for. Probably picked one of the weakest but oh well! Upsets can happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Said it before I'll say it again, if you ever get LP you 100% deserved it. You have to get reported a stupid amount to get it, and you also have to abandon a ton of games. If your internet isn't stable enough to keep you online for ~30 minutes, you can't play dota, sorry.
    Having to get reported a ton to get punished for it is the problem really. It allows much of the smaller things to slip by unnoticed. I agree that if you've gotten enough reports in a short enough time frame then you deserve LP. It catches the really awful ones, but does nothing to stop the people who are generally unpleasant to play with and ruin the odd game here and there, as long as they don't go overboard with it they'll probably never get caught.

A problem is also how some people "use" the report system.

It has become a standard procedure among a lot of players to call for reporting a player who plays badly from their POV.

Even if a person misses 100% of any skill shot, you can't report them because of that, it doesn't fall under intentional feed / ability abuse or bad language.

"Reporting" such a person is a 100% wasted report, altough ironically this shittalk caused some people to start ruining intentionally.

What i think should be done: language reports should also be punished with LP, if a game is going south, people who focus more on flaming their team than playing make things even worse.

Muting those people doesn't do any good, they continue to harass with ping & chatwheel spam.

Also, excessive pinging should also be a reportable offense, along with abusing the chatwheel to spam, rename that report to "Negative communication" to keep it in line. (Probably doesn't even need a report there since Pings and Chatwheel usage is pretty easy trackable)

While we're at it, not speaking english on EU West should also be punished with LP if reported.

It is universally considered rude and unpolite to speak in a language which some people who are present don't understand, english is the common ground anywhere, especially in western europe.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-02-29 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    However, I think that's glossing over the conversation. The conversation wasn't whether they belonged there, but whether or not it's effective.
    Exactly. Also if you think about it, Its a really weird concept to have in a modern game. Getting sent to the naughty corner for bad behavior. Its not that big of a deal, but I seriously think it hurts the state of the game rather than help it.

But eh Valve are proving time and time again they only listen to themselves and with their success that wont change.

I'm just glad I havent given them any of my money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I think they have changed the requirements to get put in LP quite a bit. Nowadays it definitely requires effort to end there. That said, it was previously 2 abandoned games within a week of each other and you got automatic LP. Dunno if that changed.

You still end up in LPQ after two recent abandons. I got sent there after ragequitting one game and about 5 days later we had a brownout and it takes my computer approximately 5 years to boot up and be ready to run Dota 2, so I got a second abandon and was in LPQ after that. Honestly, that's still plenty generous. Two abandons in a week or two either means you're being a dick and leaving games (you deserved it) or your connection is too spotty to be playing a team-focused game like DotA anyway (maybe a little harsh.)

I'm personally rooting for MVP. I've been damned impressed with their performance, and especially like how their aggressive style leads to games I can actually watch in full (including draft) before sleep without actually ending up losing out on an hour of sleep because people were being scared and refusing to push/fight.

Fear's my favorite player though. I like playing greedy support and that's the role he plays and he's every bit as disgustingly consistent in that role as he was as their pos 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Exactly. Also if you think about it, Its a really weird concept to have in a modern game. Getting sent to the naughty corner for bad behavior. Its not that big of a deal, but I seriously think it hurts the state of the game rather than help it.

But eh Valve are proving time and time again they only listen to themselves and with their success that wont change.

I'm just glad I havent given them any of my money.
    How does LoL's tribunal system work? It sounds great in concept but I've heard both good things and bad things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    How does LoL's tribunal system work? It sounds great in concept but I've heard both good things and bad things about it.
    I can't speak for other systems. I have played a small amount of LoL and other Moba's but the only reason I play Dota 2 and come back to it is my attachment to it from dota 1 days on battlenet. From my brief experience they didn't have anything of the kind similar to dota 2 other than muting players.

Really the problem is the community and that depends on too many factors. I'm based in Oceanic and if you've ever played on Australia servers you would know how troll/immature/general fuckwits they are online. I just end up playing on US west servers where you get more of balance of decent people and the utter dregs.

And hey I'm not saying you don't deserve punishment or something if you leave games. But I know I'm not the only one that have had those games where you genuinely have tried your best and through whatever reasons wither it be you miss landing a stun, or miss click a spell onto a creep and you enrage someone having a bad day and they continue to abuse you in any way they can.

Or if you just have a bad game which can happen and get trolled for it. Then as I said earlier they start offering commends for the other team to report you and I'm sure that speeds up the low prio process if you get reports from both teams.

*Edit

Hell I've had games where you mark where you're going on the map in the hero select phase, no one mentions anything. Game starts, you're in their lane, instant report. Yeah super legit system kids wont abuse that at all.

In my sheer unwillingness to play low prio to be able to play the game again I have discovered Element tower defense in the arcade section. Was surprisingly quite enjoyable.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2016-02-29 at 11:58 PM.

I have something like 4500 games now and have never been in low priority, and I pick whatever I want and tell people to fuck off all the time.

Deleted
    It takes a lot of reports to get sent to low prio based on reports alone if you generally have a spotless record. Telling people to go fuck themselves won't get you sent to low prio. I've literally managed to get 6 reports from 3 different parties in a week and I've never been sent to low prio.

Basically, as far as I can tell based on what I've gotten away with and what acquaintances have been sent to low prio for:

"Go fuck yourself", "Go jump off a cliff, idiot", etc, are more or less risk-free, whereas

"Kill urself (insert generic, server-appropriate racial slur)" is a huge no-no. Anything that contains a racial/regional slur seems, anecdotally, to be a one-way ticket to low prio in short order.

Ever since they added the performance review popup thing, I did have one day where I had like 4 reports it said, which made me laugh because it was at a time where I wasn't talking to my team much. Seems I get reported less when I argue with people. It was probably because I was last picking heroes for quests and people didn't like that I didn't pick a support for them.

Speaking of picks... more than anything, I swear to god the single most game-losing problem I have right now becomes obvious the moment you're at the pick-screen: At least three other players are just hovering over Abaddon because they're afk/don't want to show their pick.

Like... good strat guys.