Pandaren Monk
    I've never had problems with people escaping me when I play Leoric. The 4 second stun/slow is usually enough, plus just hit a target that's already slowed or stunned by a teammate. I usually just make Armlet then BKB and the game is usually in your favor or the enemies. His passive Lifesteal and Crit are ridiculous. Mid-game with an armlet his critting pretty damn hard. I don't think he really needs the extra int from force staff unless your team has no mana boot holders (would be very stupid). The passive stat gain alone lets you cast your stun a couple times in a fight late game, and mid-game all you really need is mana for a stun and your ult, assuming you have good picks for support heroes on your team.

I think the problem pub teams have when I lose is seemingly the lack of stuns we have. I've noticed a bunch of times that there'll be a lack of a good initiator and lack of strong stuns.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I think the problem pub teams have when I lose is seemingly the lack of stuns we have. I've noticed a bunch of times that there'll be a lack of a good initiator and lack of strong stuns.
    That right there is a major problem in nearly all pub games I loose. No initiator, or the person playing it is to scared to initiate for w/e reason, and then a lack of cc or ability to remove 1 or 2 heroes from a team fight. I include people buying "cc" items as well. to counter it I've tried to play and counter "bads" by picking up in this area, but its usually to late by the time I do.

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    rushing medallion when jungling with naix is/was pretty common because he's so bad at it. People in dota2 just build armlet 1000% of the time for some reason https://dotabuff.com/heroes/lifestealer/items

I would like to see medallion + drum, stuff like that for mid game
    600 games Manta Style? And I'm like 20 of them :3
    Nothing like jumping in your own illusion, N'aixception works on a lot of people in this game.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    600 games Manta Style? And I'm like 20 of them :3
    Not sure if you noticed, but the date range is only set to this month.
    Manni of Paragon. Moderator of Dota 2 subforum - The golden rule: Listen to Lysah. Seriously.

Epic!
    >not building armlet on every strength hero

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    >not building armlet on every strength hero
    What could go wrong with carry Wisp.

anyone who has played the game a lot knows the MMR system in Dota 2 is complete ass, either your team stomps the others, or the other way around. I have about 750 games won and everytime I have queued as stack either we destroy the others in 20min or we lose in 20min, I have yet to play a match where we have met an equal team.

advice when playing solo - before the game starts, just reeport everyone for everything so you dont bother 30min later.

Epic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    What could go wrong with carry Wisp.
    Get MoM too for sick dps with overcharge

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Get MoM too for sick dps with overcharge
    With a Quas heavy Invoker for Cold Snap rape

Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Not sure if you noticed, but the date range is only set to this month.
    Doesn't matter (I didn't notice, however), the % of games in which he gets manta style is still depressing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    anyone who has played the game a lot knows the MMR system in Dota 2 is complete ass, either your team stomps the others, or the other way around. I have about 750 games won and everytime I have queued as stack either we destroy the others in 20min or we lose in 20min, I have yet to play a match where we have met an equal team.

advice when playing solo - before the game starts, just reeport everyone for everything so you dont bother 30min later.
    Only thing that really frustrates me about is it it's pretty common to wind up on a team where half the team doesn't speak the server's language, so you end up with players that might or might not be garbage and very often flame the team in broken English.

Had a game today where we had a Brazilian Naix go Vlad's first and a Brazilian Juggernaut that constantly told me to "shit up noob feed" because I was 2/5/2... to his 0/6/1. It's one thing for players to be bad - whatever, who cares, it's solo queue - but when they're bad and are aggressively flaming people? Man, why the fuck are they even allowed into games?

Quote Originally Posted by hailey View Post
    Naix is an incredibly slow jungler and one of the easiest jungle ganks in the game. He's much better off in lane during early game, not that he is particularly good at that either. He's probably one of the worst jungle heroes, he's axe/centaur/huskar tier in the jungle and probably the slowest out of those
    I'm glad you base your opinions off generic "pro player" tier lists.

Had a game today where we had a Brazilian Naix go Vlad's first and a Brazilian Juggernaut that constantly told me to "shit up noob feed" because I was 2/5/2... to his 0/6/1. It's one thing for players to be bad - whatever, who cares, it's solo queue - but when they're bad and are aggressively flaming people? Man, why the fuck are they even allowed into games?
    \

Because Valve wants money so they don't want to ban players, just put them into a shoddily made Low Priority queue system that isn't moderated at all. It's fucking stupid.

This game really needs region locks, and from the amount of players demanding it, it'll probably get them sooner or later. Let's hope it's sooner, in this case.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-04 at 05:28 AM.

Someone was playing around on the test client with the new, buffed Alchemist and he had 5.3k gold at 10 minutes, 1480 gold at 2:45. In other words, it'll be very possible for Alchemist to have a 10 minute Radiance (which got buffed, by the way), and maybe even a little earlier than that if he has a teammate stack easy and medium creep camps for him.

There's no way this can end well.

Alch was already fine, as were a lot of heroes that were buffed. I really have to wonder where Icefrog bases the decision on these buffs/nerfs, because it seems like this patch has been "oh, people don't like Alchemist? RAWRBUFFMODE."

He's one of few heroes who can successfully pull and kill several camps at the same time, and if he's full time jungle with points in Greed he's one of the hardest farmers. He's never been bad because he was bad, he loses a lot because people who can't play end up playing him. 2150g for a blink dagger so that you NEVER miss your 4(!) second stun on people is not even hard to get on Alch by 15 minutes. After that you can develop into one of the scariest carries that just can't be killed while his ult is up. Buffs? New fotm pick Alchemist.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-04 at 10:54 AM.
    Random casual stuff now

Goblin's greed is the reason he's always op or weak, he was hit with one of largest nerfs in dota history shortly after he was introduced solely because of it. He already has aoe desolator+radiance in one skill, and 4 second stun in the other, coupled with insane regen from ultimate and he was well rounded hero which required some thinking to use. He'll get nerfed again, soon.

Doubt alchemist will get nerfed.

The consensus from Puppy and SyndereN(Two pro players) was that MAYBE now Alchemist will become a strategic pick.

Oh and I agree with 90% of buffs/nerfs, and I have no idea how you could not see them comming, although some went maybe a bit overboard (Either buffed too much or nerfed too much).

Unfortunately, a couple of pro players cannot be the logical majority of the competitive scene. Getting paid to play and knowing what you're talking about are not mutually inclusive.

Most of these changes look like the generalized broad sweeps made back in the 2/3.XX days, honestly. Feels like I'm looking at 8 year old patch notes. And some of these changes are straight up reversions of old hero fixes that changed abilities that were broken. Fix a broken hero and he doesn't get picked? Clearly the answer is to re-break him!

I'm just really curious to see how the changes evolve. What the pro players do with them, I couldn't care less. More of the same old, probably.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-04 at 07:27 PM.
    Random casual stuff now

Why such hate for pro scene Lysah? Besides, ppy sure does know what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Jangri- View Post
    Why such hate for pro scene Lysah? Besides, ppy sure does know what he's talking about.
    Not the pro scene itself, the 50,000 rabid fans who just eat up everything they say and never question them at all. The Gospel according to Puppy!

Every single time I go, for example, lothar's tiny and get heavily flamed for it during the game regardless of my score, the fact that we won, the fact that we won and I was the only positive score, the circumstances don't matter - I can guarantee the person flaming me is someone who watches streams of tournament games and what is going through his head is "X pro team went manta on Tiny and raped during TI2 everything else is shit and I can't believe this noob is on my team."

People need to remember that:
    A) Pro players are simply people like you and me, they are not vastly more intelligent nor do they know some hidden secrets of the game that we do not.
    B) Pro players can and have and will be wrong, all the time. That's how they lose games. If they were perfect, every game would either come straight down to picks or, if the game was perfectly balanced, would be a complete stalemate that would never end.
    C) People who do not play professionally can be as good or better than the people you see on streams. Is it common? No, I can think of one person I know who fits this description, and he would probably play DotA2 professionally if he wasn't playing SC2 professionally already. Still, just because you won't see his name in TI3 doesn't mean he isn't phenomenal.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-04 at 08:18 PM.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Unfortunately, a couple of pro players cannot be the logical majority of the competitive scene. Getting paid to play and knowing what you're talking about are not mutually inclusive.

Most of these changes look like the generalized broad sweeps made back in the 2/3.XX days, honestly. Feels like I'm looking at 8 year old patch notes. And some of these changes are straight up reversions of old hero fixes that changed abilities that were broken. Fix a broken hero and he doesn't get picked? Clearly the answer is to re-break him!

I'm just really curious to see how the changes evolve. What the pro players do with them, I couldn't care less. More of the same old, probably.
    I second that you shouldn't listen to everything pro players say.

But I agree with their assessment of Alchemist, and also agree on a lot of other DotA related stuff that those two talk about..

And I saw earlier that you do not watch pro-games, so I am guessing you are talking from pub stand point?.. That's quite differen't from competitive, and especially pro games. :P

Edit: With the lowest win-rate in pub games, and the most disliked hero..He is not that favored in pub games either. :9
    Last edited by MasterOfInvocation; 2012-10-04 at 08:21 PM.