1. #2981
    If anyone wants a copy of Dota 2 I have a spare one. no idea why though I only played the beta for 2 hours out of the months I have had it.
    Just PM me your Steam name and i'll add you. First come, first serve.

  2. #2982
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Tide is beefy support hero with 4 defensive skills(2 damage reduction, 1 slow and 1 stun), and he's fairly item independent. You can't really nerf him without changing some or most of his skill toolset, he's just too good designed hero. Ravage is easy to use, anchor screws over enemy carries, and he can easily survive after blinking into enemy team. If you want to counter him, improve on your teamplay, else you have to realize that dota isn't balanced around pubs.
    I'm not using pubs as a balance metric. I'm using pro games and "high skill" games on the first and second page of the live games page. Absent any direct information from Icefrog and/or Valve, I can only assume these are the kinds of games they're pulling their data from, and Tide is overperforming in these games.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I still find Windrunner bad. Every time I see her try to solo the hard lane I end up forcing her out of it or killing her repeatedly. She's just a walking shackleshot, the rest of her kit is pretty pointless. The second you miss your stun you've wasted an entire pick for your team.

    My opinion, of course =p
    That's how it feels if you went hard support once the game reaches a point where Powershot lacks any real impact on the fight. Every time I've gone pure support on her it feels like she's useless past about 30 minutes. Seems like you really need to be picking up some damage items like Orchid and MKB to have a real impact on the lategame.

    ---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 12:48 AM ----------



    Fun group stages game Na'Vi versus Empire. Na'Vi picks Omniknight and Phantom Lancer.

    But I wasn't really impressed with Puppey's Omniknight. I'll watch the replay in-game tomorrow and follow him around but it didn't seem like he was doing anything with Omni that another hard support couldn't have done, aside from a couple of Guardian Angel tower dives.

    Scandal's Rubick kept feeding Dendi's TA in mid with the help of Rhasta and/or Omni, and everyone knows how ridiculous TA gets if you let her get some early ganks... running around damned near two-shotting supports at 13 minutes with those fat Meld hits. And while they're mostly feeding TA kills, XBOCT is on bot freefarming with his PL, 100 damage at level 8 is crazy. XBOCT later said during an interview with Tobi that the Eblade was a troll pick and that it's a bad item on PL (watch all the idiot Na'Vi fanboy pubs buy it anyway because XBOCT bought it, hurr hurr.)

    I also never felt Scandal made the most out of the Rubick-Omniknight matchup, which should be giving his team a natural advantage. I guess because Dendi would just pop up and fold him like a cheap plastic chair, so whenever he stole Repel he didn't get to keep it for very long.

    Chaos Knight still seems like he's outperforming Sven and Leoric. I guess Sven has a little bit more a niche now with his improved cleave, but I just don't think you can argue against a 3 second stormbolt (on average) combined with a blink, and personally I think CK's ulti is better for breaking towers/rax than Sven's. Poor Leoric's just left out in the cold, I guess.

    Lysah, I'm sure you'll enjoy watching WR get chased out of her solo long lane. She definitely seems to be pretty easy to pressure out of the lane. She landed some amazing shackles, but I wonder if she was just too far behind in XP to have a strong impact on the game.
    Last edited by PizzaSHARK; 2012-10-19 at 05:50 AM.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  3. #2983
    I don't find CK is really all that much outside of his ultimate. Leoric will always be terrifying because he can commit in a way no other hero in the game can. People fight and die over aegis because it is just that game changing, and this guy gets a free one every 60 seconds. Actually, his is a super aegis, he doesn't spend as long on the ground and he applies a pretty heavy slow to anyone trying to camp his grave. Leoric's crits are also much more reliable than CK, and his stun might as well have no cooldown. Adding a projectile speed to chaos bolt was the change necessary to bring CK down to average, in my opinion. I still find Leoric one of the best heroes in the game if built properly. With items he really has no counter, your options are to simply outfarm him by a lot or end the game before he gets items. The change to shadow blade giving attack speed has actually made it surprisingly good on a hero like Leoric as well, nothing says "f*** you" like popping out of stealth in the middle of their team and two shotting someone, only to get back up after they blow three ultimates on you.

    But I digress, any hero with items is good. I compare carries to their maximum potential unless their early-mid game is something noteworthy, such as Viper, who might die down as the game goes on compared to others but has an absurdly powerful level 6-16. CK might beat Leoric at ganking. I think he certainly loses in team fight initiation.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-19 at 09:24 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  4. #2984
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't find CK is really all that much outside of his ultimate. Leoric will always be terrifying because he can commit in a way no other hero in the game can. People fight and die over aegis because it is just that game changing, and this guy gets a free one every 60 seconds. Actually, his is a super aegis, he doesn't spend as long on the ground and he applies a pretty heavy slow to anyone trying to camp his grave. Leoric's crits are also much more reliable than CK, and his stun might as well have no cooldown. Adding a projectile speed to chaos bolt was the change necessary to bring CK down to average, in my opinion. I still find Leoric one of the best heroes in the game if built properly. With items he really has no counter, your options are to simply outfarm him by a lot or end the game before he gets items. The change to shadow blade giving attack speed has actually made it surprisingly good on a hero like Leoric as well, nothing says "f*** you" like popping out of stealth in the middle of their team and two shotting someone, only to get back up after they blow three ultimates on you.

    But I digress, any hero with items is good. I compare carries to their maximum potential unless their early-mid game is something noteworthy, such as Viper, who might die down as the game goes on compared to others but has an absurdly powerful level 6-16. CK might beat Leoric at ganking. I think he certainly loses in team fight initiation.
    Yeah. I think you're right when you're talking about a big late-game teamfight, but CK's so much better at skirmishing and small fights than Leoric because getting tagged with a 4 second stun is a guaranteed death most of the time in situations like that. He's also extremely hard to kite because of his low cooldown blink and high move speed, and his ulti gives him automatic "ward traps" with a blink (lvl 3 ulti produces enough illusions that you can almost always trap someone between them following a blink) and an enormous DPS increase.

    Just seems like CK's a better choice because he's not too much weaker at 40 minutes, but he's much stronger at 20 minutes.

    I guess Sven finally has a niche as a push-oriented semi-carry with his buffed cleave.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  5. #2985
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Absent any direct information from Icefrog and/or Valve, I can only assume these are the kinds of games they're pulling their data from, and Tide is overperforming in these games.
    How is Tide overperforming in those games? Like UVH pointed out on the last page, the only bracket in which Tide might "over"perform is in the low-midskill bracket. Why don't you just try to come up with some actual facts like mentioned match ID's or statistics as they're all readily available instead of basing everything on your perception or pro player worship. Instead of "this hero overperforms because I say so" or "this hero has no weaknesses because I say so and I know because I watch pro games and all that."

    I play in page 1-2 games most of the time when I solo queue and I've on-off watched dota-hon-dota2 pro circuit from 2008 onwards but I don't try to build every argument solely on my own observations and opinions.

    Also I smell a pretty strong bias in this CM hate. I don't feel like arguing the matter but I'm confident I'd outperform Lich support with CM 4 games out of 5.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  6. #2986
    I am like 24-3 on one account with tide and maybe 6-6 on another account with tide. Difference being that the first I solo queue and second I queue with friends and play CM mode.

    Anyway people should do a mmo-champion 5v5 or something. Most of the time discussion is only relevant when you have actually played with or against the people you are debating with.

  7. #2987
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    279
    anyone want i got dota2 invite msg me steam

  8. #2988
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    Also I smell a pretty strong bias in this CM hate. I don't feel like arguing the matter but I'm confident I'd outperform Lich support with CM 4 games out of 5.
    I can personally guarantee if you face me as CM, it doesn't matter what hero I am, you will feed. She really is just that easy to kill. The only games I've seen CM do well in were because her team was already dominating. Like I said, she is strong in lane, for all of about 10 minutes. A roaming CM can be powerful but wards immediately counter it and with her absurdly slow movespeed if she walks across the map and fails to get kills she is DEFINITELY going to have a horrible game now that she's level 2 when everyone else is 7.

    My opinion is like this - if you want to end the game quickly, you pick heroes like Leshrac who can actually help a push. If you want the game to last 60 minutes pick heroes like Lich.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-19 at 09:52 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  9. #2989
    I love ganking CM as TA. Good times.

  10. #2990
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can personally guarantee if you face me as CM, it doesn't matter what hero I am, you will feed. She really is just that easy to kill. The only games I've seen CM do well in were because her team was already dominating. Like I said, she is strong in lane, for all of about 10 minutes. A roaming CM can be powerful but wards immediately counter it and with her absurdly slow movespeed if she walks across the map and fails to get kills she is DEFINITELY going to have a horrible game now that she's level 2 when everyone else is 7.

    My opinion is like this - if you want to end the game quickly, you pick heroes like Leshrac who can actually help a push. If you want the game to last 60 minutes pick heroes like Lich.
    It seems like there's no reason to pick CM anymore when Jakiro is arguably even more dangerous at level 2 than she is without her weaknesses. In a related note, I got around to playing Rubick yesterday and god he feels so much weaker than he used to be, losing 10 move speed really made a huge difference. He was already squishier than CM to begin with, but made up for it by being considerably faster. Now he's only 5 speed faster but doesn't have her slows to reduce incoming damage with. Rubick absolutely needed a nerf and I'd call him balanced for lack of a better description, but it seems like if Spell Steal was the issue (and it was), why not just nerf Spell Steal somehow instead?

    Dirge feels a hell of a lot better than he was before. I don't think the zombie buff is significant other than keeping them relevant against tanky heroes with lots of HP, but the Decay buff is pretty amazing... so much easier to tag 2+ heroes with one cast now.

    But I'm not really sure what to get on him anymore. Vanguard just seems to be useless when Armlet is so damn good now, but since arcane boots are usual core on him, I've been wondering about just getting Bloodstone on him. He's always in the middle of fights and he needs the mana and mana regen to be able to spam Decay on cooldown. Maybe disassemble boots to make a quick bloodstone and then add in a casual cloak and casual platemail for later items like pipe/shiva?

    Is scepter worth getting on him? Seems like a pretty huge investment for only 5% more damage and a little extra incoming healing. Thinking the money would be better spent on a BKB so you can always be sure you can stay on top of people during your ulti and be sure you can always pop off some Decays.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  11. #2991
    I agree, Jakiro is definitely a super CM now. Ice path is far better than anything she can do. Her nova beats dual breath in speed but that's about the only advantage she has on him where he is much tankier, has a way better CC, and an ultimate that actually does something.

    Dirge is great, it's funny that decay became so good it made soul rip not worth putting points into until level like 16. I see energy boots > vanguard/hood depending on enemy heroes > shivas as pretty standard. Scepter is a solid pick for him, he definitely runs out of mana quickly in any situation and can always use the health as well. Bloodstone might not be bad but I still see scepter as better for just about any hero who can use it. It gives nearly the same survivability and buffs the ultimate as well. Bloodstone is specifically for heroes who need *massive* mana regen, Dirge just needs a big mana pool.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-20 at 07:13 AM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  12. #2992
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I agree, Jakiro is definitely a super CM now. Ice path is far better than anything she can do. Her nova beats dual breath in speed but that's about the only advantage she has on him where he is much tankier, has a way better CC, and an ultimate that actually does something.

    Dirge is great, it's funny that decay became so good it made soul rip not worth putting points into until level like 16. I see energy boots > vanguard/hood depending on enemy heroes > shivas as pretty standard. Scepter is a solid pick for him, he definitely runs out of mana quickly in any situation and can always use the health as well. Bloodstone might not be bad but I still see scepter as better for just about any hero who can use it. It gives nearly the same survivability and buffs the ultimate as well. Bloodstone is specifically for heroes who need *massive* mana regen, Dirge just needs a big mana pool.
    I usually max Soul Rip after Tombstone, Decay is just way too damned expensive for 80% of the game if you put more than 1 point into it... 130 mana every 4 sec on Dirge's pathetic mana pool is brutal. The idea behind Bloodstone is that Dirge would make really good use of its other passives since he's in the middle of fights... he'd gain XP for things that die after he dies, and he'd be around his team so the heal would also come into play.

    I don't bother with Vanguard anymore, Armlet's way too overpowered with its recent buffs to not pick it up. Damage, health, armor, and one of the most ridiculous ability "exploits" in the game. Amazingly hard to kill someone that's toggling properly.

    Scepter just seems like a lot of cash for not a lot of gains. Maybe if the creep kill heal got more than a lousy 1% increase... I'd rather put that 4300 into something like sheepstick that will REALLY help my team out, or maybe a BKB so I can be sure I can sit in that teamfight and get those needed stacks of Decay going before they can rapetrain me into the ground with stuns.

    I actually saw an interesting build where they didn't take ulti until level 8... max tombstone and get 2 points in soul rip and then take ulti at 8, gives you a potential 250 HP heal to play with. Not sure if that's better or not, though.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  13. #2993
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I can personally guarantee if you face me as CM, it doesn't matter what hero I am, you will feed. She really is just that easy to kill.
    My playstyle is fairly selfless so I won't say I'd never die, but I seriously doubt I'd feed. Surviving is mostly a matter of positioning and judgement and when you've got a hang of those it's pretty easy to bait enemy into overextending to just to take an easy kill on a lowly CM. I haven't played that much CM in Dota 2, probably just 30-40 games, but I'm sure I've won most of them and in HoN I was usually getting friend requests when I was playing Glacius.



    Manni | paragon.fi | Dota 2 forum | The golden rule: Listen to Lysah.

  14. #2994
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermanni View Post
    My playstyle is fairly selfless so I won't say I'd never die, but I seriously doubt I'd feed. Surviving is mostly a matter of positioning and judgement and when you've got a hang of those it's pretty easy to bait enemy into overextending to just to take an easy kill on a lowly CM. I haven't played that much CM in Dota 2, probably just 30-40 games, but I'm sure I've won most of them and in HoN I was usually getting friend requests when I was playing Glacius.
    I disagree with Lysah saying she's a garbage pick, but I do have to wonder why you'd choose CM over Jakiro now that Jakiro's so buff. They really need to get off their butts and make Arcane Aura useful for all phases of the game. Maybe flat mana regen bonus combined with an INT bonus for your team? Dunno.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  15. #2995
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I disagree with Lysah saying she's a garbage pick, but I do have to wonder why you'd choose CM over Jakiro now that Jakiro's so buff.
    because shes fun hero
    and everyone underestimate her, pick ulti at lvl6 and you can really surprise enemies
    also while i loved jakiro in dota 1 i lost all my games in dota2 im not going to pick him even after this huge buff :3
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-10-20 at 11:47 AM.

  16. #2996
    Titan PizzaSHARK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Posts
    12,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Finear View Post
    because shes fun hero
    and everyone underestimate her, pick ulti at lvl6 and you can really surprise enemies
    also while i loved jakiro in dota 1 i lost all my games in dota2 im not going to pick him even after this huge buff :3
    Her ulti is really strong, but it's situational. You're gonna have a hard time positioning it and even if they don't stun you can still get gibbed pretty fast at that level. I'll probably start taking it at 8 or 9 though, maybe earlier if I skip aura entirely.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    The best you people can do is throw insults and lay your perspective on what a real adult is onto me but I will continue to reject them. And you will try and try again, force me into submission but I will continue to press on.
    MMOC IRC!

  17. #2997
    aura is useless
    nova>frostbite>frostbite>frostbite>frostbite>ulti and you are fuckin monster !

  18. #2998
    Hm, has anyone ever tried using the Force Staff to get on one of the pillars and then casting Nether Swap on an enemy as Vengeful Spirit?

  19. #2999
    Last time i played her (and it was long time ago), dagger+BKB were her standard items, and couple of bracers if needed, due to horrendous attack animation she's terrible farmer, so eul is hard to get on her. You should go double stun lane and go for FB with frostbite early, but in lategame items do same thing she does (shiva=nova, guinsoo=frostbite), so outside of ulti she's a liability, as Lysah repeatedly likes to point out^^ Also, her ulti is hard to aim properly, as i recall explosions are random, with higher chance of occurring along diagonal axes based on direction she's facing (you can either decimate enemy team, or it will be useless).

  20. #3000
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    stuff
    Decay heals you as much as soul rip does when you're spamming it on 2-3 heroes, which is what makes the buff to decay so good. Soul rip is a spell you get to heal other people, or if they have a hero like QoP who you might need to nuke when she blinks away with 10 hp. Otherwise, with flesh golem up, You can run around doing nothing but spamming decay and kill people in 3 or 4 hits. Pretty funny hero now.

    @CM
    Pretty hard to bait people when Slardar can run up to you, stun you, then kill you in one or two auto attacks tops with amp up. Want to fix CM for me? Toss her 10-15 movespeed, 50 base health, and make her ultimate do damage over time so that you can calculate how much it will hurt enemies, instead of "random explosions that might hit the enemy 0 times in full duration." As it stands, frostbite is an imposter stun and heroes like Drow will still kill you with their orb, nova is good but not great, aura is horrible, freezing field is horrible. Want to slow someone and have great lane support? Pick Tide instead. Where CM drops off after 20 minutes and the game becomes 4v5, Tide is a hero you have to worry about no matter how hard you're winning.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-10-20 at 08:39 PM.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •